Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,712 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Featured Featured
Nation RP

Last posted Mar 28, 2016 at 04:35PM EDT. Added Dec 07, 2011 at 03:12PM EST
1043 posts from 24 users

Cale wrote:

I don't know Pimps deal, but Falcon was trying, they just didn't have the power.

I liked the part where Falcon conquered in the wrong direction from the horde.

Even if he hadn't though, you're right that he didn't have the manpower to fight back.

Turn 15 [900 AD – 1000 AD]
Middle Ages

Game Notes:
-Francia is now France.

Nations

Diplomacy

Cultures

Religions

World Events
-The Holy Roman Empire is formed after Otto I marries the widowed queen of Italy, and unites the rest of central europe through conquest.
-The Byzantines, shocked and appalled that another nation besides themselves would claim the right to Rome and Caesar's history, have shed their ties with western Europe and are put on the brink of war with the Germans. They have also recently started looking at Angmar with contempt, as their continued support of old Pagan ways disturbs the Christian empire.

Angmar (WitchKing)

Govt: Republic
Army: [=====|=====]
Navy: [====|======]

Tech: [=====|=====]
-Poland is invaded, and Byzantium uses the opportunity to bring christianity to the lands as well.
-A massive swath of land stretching along the Caspian sea is ceded to Rossiya.
-An alliances with the Russians is forged.
-Angmar's fleet expands with siege equipment such as ballistae and catapults.
-Attempts to introduce paper bank notes as the primary form of currency utterly fails. Few see the value in trusting a bank entirely with the value of money, and no foreign nation's merchants are willing to trade if it will necessitate visiting an Angmaran bank to get their gold.

Cattonia (MadCat)

Govt: Kingdom
Army: [=====|=====]
Navy: [===|=======]

Tech: [=========|=]
-Fortresses are built in the north, geared towards preventing a coastal attack from Arabia.
-Attempts to develop personal defenses against Greek fire is not successful, and most just advise to stay away from large carts of incendiaries.
-Nubia and Somabra make a pledge to aid Cattonia in the case of a Promethean invasion.
-Westward expansion halts as the soldiers and settlers around Lake Chad are devastated by a plague of Malaria.
-Conscription and the usage of lances and pikes is discouraging to enemies that wish to use heavy cavalry against the Cattonians.
-The longbow is becoming a popular weapon.

Falconia (DouglasJFalcon)

Army: [==|========]
Navy: [==|========]

Tech: [===|=======]
-An alliances is struck up with the Viking invaders.
-A strange and dark cult worshiping "the black shadow" is becoming popular among northerners.
-Attempts to raise taxes are marginally successful, with urban centers being the only real locations where law and order persists enough to do so.
-The new capital is renamed New Mute.

Last edited Dec 23, 2011 at 05:11PM EST

Fasier (DarkErmac)

Army: [===|=======]
Navy: [=|=========]

Tech: [======|====]
-The northern army encounters the Huari. Shockingly primitive for such an organized society, the Fasier that first encountered them barely recognized the fact that it was a nation.
-Mining begins in the Andes, bringing in much copper and gold, as well as iron, coal, and silver.
-Herbology becomes a popular science.
-The study of physics is also spreading as the need to predict catapult ranges and firing curves spreads into a general field of mathematical study.
-Mapmaking spreads throughout the nation as every piece of land is charted out by royal emissaries.

Mertola (RocketPropelledPanda)

Govt: Theocratic Republic
Army: [====|======]

Tech: [====|======]
-A theory is developed that diseases are spread through invisible creatures called Miasmas, which live in water and the air. Blood letting, dehydration, and near death suffocation become common practices to remove disease.
-Small birds are trained successfully to act as military messengers.
-Blafol forces are trapped in the southwest, as a horde of cavalry storm in to capture the exposed center.
-Wolves are domesticated and trained for war.
-Raids of Blafol settlements has broken their ability to recruit or pay new soldiers, and their military capability quickly crumbles as a new Appalachian army manages to fend off their attack and cross the Mississippi river.
-The invention of the flamethrower, similar to greek fire, is mostly ignored by the highly mobile cavalry forces and light infantry footmen of the Mertolan armies, which would all be greatly hindered by having to cart around such equipment.

Naronius (MisterJ)

Navy: [======|====]

-The Mygwi Confederation is finished, its frail government having been crippled and destroyed and her armies routed.
-The movable type is discovered in China, and a Ming student brings it back to Naronius. The fragile nature of the type makes it impossible to use on a grand scale, and it is mostly used for official court documents or messages between royals.
-Pacific exploration continues.

Promethean Caliphate (Vlad)

Govt: Caliphate
Army: [======|====]
Navy: [====|======]

Tech: [==========|]
-The Arabian Caliphate finally surrenders, undermined by the will of its own people after the death of the Caliph broke their morale entirely.
-Missionaries are sent abroad to spread the word of Islam, but few are very successful with the neighboring nations, each having its own state religion and a very strong control over the populace with it.
-Galleys are being abandoned as larger sailing ships primarily populate the fleets.

Rossiya (RussianFedora)

Tech: [=========|=]
-The army has decided to adopt an almost entirely cavalry based military, only using footmen when hired mercenaries do not have horses of their own.
-The galley is on its way out as sail driven ships become the norm.
-Metal armored ships tend to move slower, and sink more easily, and the idea of it is abandoned. Not to mention the immense expense in building such a ship.
-Anesthsias such as opium grow in popularity as anatomical study and surgery becomes common.

Sydney-Syserror (BSOD)

Govt: Monarchy
Navy: [=======|===]

Tech: [========|==]
-Attempts to perfect a weapon known as the Archimedes heat ray proves to be far too complicated and short ranged compared to flaming arrows.
-A system of conscription is adopted to raise the military numbers.
-A campaign into Australia is launched.
-Diplomats are sent to Christchurch to encourage the rise of a monarchy there, but the freedom loving senators refuse to step down.

Espania (QuakerPerez)

Govt: Monarchial Republic

-The dutchess of Navarre marries into the Teclo family, and brings her estate with her. This has greatly disturbed relations with the French, who hold claim over all of Aquitaine. The split off of Aragon as its own kingdom has further enraged the French, who are threatening war over tye Pyrenees region.
-Teclos has changes its title to Espania.
-Attempts to breed oliphaunts for any larger size fails, as no such beast can exist with such a bone and body structure on earth.
-A public hospital opens in Madrid.
-Attempts to fund the construction of St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican territories fails, considering the fact that the foundation for such a building will not be laid out for another five hundred years.
-Continued religious works and peace among the catholic kingdoms continue to please the Vatican greatly.

England (FridgeLogic)

Govt: Theocratic Monarchial Republic
Army: [==|========]
Navy: [===|=======]

Tech: [=|=========]
-After much deliberation with the Anglians over the fate of the British isles and of possible unification, an agreement is laid out that unites the two kingdoms into one single England. Vulcan aristocracy holds a majority of the power, but the capital is located in London, and a republican system of legislature is instated to limit the power of the Vulcan aristocracy over the Anglican people.
-Attempts to conquer northern scandinavia through military force ends in tragedy as the freezing weather and scarce natural food and water supplies creates a massive death toll.
-The Vikings are easily beaten back to Scotland, where they remain in safety due to alliance with the Falconi.
-An invasion of Normandy and Britanny occurs, and France releases a deadly backlash of armies that throws off the entire attack.
-The Galleon is dreamed about, but impossible to build at this moment in history.

Russian, Vlad, Quaker.

Events are going faster than expected, and we ain't gettin' any younger.

PM me, there is a slight change I'd like to talk about, then:

Last edited Dec 23, 2011 at 05:33PM EST

RocketPropelledPanda   wrote:

Looks like somebody is planning something big, now I'm really curious.

If you were Cattonia, I could say something witty, like, "Curiosity killed the cat".

Instead I will say STFU NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

أنا لا تعطي الخراء حول ما يحدث حاليا. نقاش بين رسائل خاصة
Arabic because i felt like it.

Piano wrote:

Why is it that I'm putting so much effort into strengthening my military, but my Army/Navy sliders haven't moved in quite a long time?

Your nation is too small to have a visible effect on them. You have a massive army for a nation your size.

Looks like somebody is planning something big, now I'm really curious.

Yeah, I can't help but feel that someone's going to get fucked over.

Cale wrote:

If you were Cattonia, I could say something witty, like, "Curiosity killed the cat".

Instead I will say STFU NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

No one ever involves me in multi-nation affairs…

On a more serious note, I agree with you Madcat, somebody is going to get butt raped for sure.

Last edited Dec 23, 2011 at 06:09PM EST

Syndic wrote:

Your nation is too small to have a visible effect on them. You have a massive army for a nation your size.

I think I might add a little asterisk to each army/navy slider to give y'all a hint at how big your armies are allowed to be. Maybe.

Syndic wrote:

I think I might add a little asterisk to each army/navy slider to give y'all a hint at how big your armies are allowed to be. Maybe.

I'd prefer an NPC military slider, but that is entirely up to you, seeing as you've got your hands quite full.

Also, team Prometheus/Rossiya/Teclos/Angmar, which will now be referred to as the ARVT, make sure to mention that we'll work in conjunction.

Last edited Dec 23, 2011 at 06:16PM EST

Syndic wrote:

So, you're saying I'll have to expand my territory to gain a larger army?

Oh, trust me. We aren't plotting against them. I've just entered into a trade agreement with madcat, so we have no reason to attack him and ARVT has no interest in attacking England either.

Well of course "yet". At one point, it will boil down to a group of loyal friends and another group, and that… that is the war that will end the world.

Last edited Dec 23, 2011 at 07:01PM EST

Cale wrote:

*Friends in which one party feels guilt for breaking a promise and has sworn to re-affirm his honor.

Oh, well there is on pro from me taking Douglas's land, you didn't have to sail all the way to North America to become allies with him now.

Welcome to my world.

-The Mygwi Confederation is finished, its frail government having been crippled and destroyed and her armies routed.

Naronius why do you keep pushing into the pacific? Don't you have an India to conquer?

Last edited Dec 23, 2011 at 07:17PM EST

Oh, well there is on pro from me taking Douglas's land, you didn't have to sail all the way to North America to become allies with him now.

Yeah, but now I have to sail all the way over there to put my slavic foot up your ass…

Piano wrote:

Now Witch-King, he ain't botherin' nobody.

Hmmm… yes… I see what you are thinking.

We let him sit there, and ROT FOR ETERNITY.

Last edited Dec 23, 2011 at 07:21PM EST

Cale wrote:

Once more I equip my BOOTS OF HAZARD upon my SLAVIC FOOT.

Dear Diary,
 I once again find myself at the grotesque and smelly end of WK and RF's threats. I wish they would just let me be, but mom says that other girls will always bully me because I'm so pretty it makes them jelly. I guess all I can do is pray that one day they can be close to as pretty as me and we can all play together peacefully.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Welcome to my world.

Naronius why do you keep pushing into the pacific? Don't you have an India to conquer?

Because the Mygwi Confederation bugs me and I want to eliminate as many enemies as possible before we get to the 1700s.
Also India is is good enough. North-East Asia though……..

Dear Diary,
 I once again find myself at the grotesque and smelly end of WK and RF's threats. I wish they would just let me be, but mom says that other girls will always bully me because I'm so pretty it makes them jelly. I guess all I can do is pray that one day they can be close to as pretty as me and we can all play together peacefully.

RPP, I have multiple debate halls and libraries that match those of Greece. My nation is much prettier than yours, at least academically.

Piano wrote:

RPP, I have multiple debate halls and libraries that match those of Greece. My nation is much prettier than yours, at least academically.

My entire nation is based on the rule of warfare, conquest, and practical living.

And I'm okay with that.

Last edited Dec 23, 2011 at 08:00PM EST

Cale wrote:

My entire nation is based on the rule of warfare, conquest, and practical living.

And I'm okay with that.

I think you need a couple libraries and universities.

Greetings! You must login or signup first!