Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,732 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Fighting Game Character choices.

Last posted Jul 17, 2012 at 03:09AM EDT. Added Jun 28, 2012 at 06:05PM EDT
45 posts from 25 users

Seeing how at least more than 50 people play fighting games of some type, let's see who are your main choices are in them. It can be official or fanmade gameā€¦that exists.

My Choice:

Character: Zappa
Series: Guilty Gear

FEAR HIS POWER!!!!

Wow I like this thread I play all kinds of fighting game in a competitive scene.
for
Street fighter II
Ryu
Fei Long
M.Bison
Zangief.
Dee Jay
Guile.
Cammy

Street Fighter III
Ryu
Ken
Q
Hugo
Alex
Sean

Street fighter IV

Ryu
M.Bison
Dee Jay
Gulie
Fei Long
Yun
Yang
Zangief
Evil Ryu
Cody
Oni
DAN HIBIKI
Juri Han

Street Fighter X Tekken
Ryu
M.Bison
Kazuya
Akuma
Guile
Abel
Sagat
Dahlsim
Asuka
Lili
Poison
Juri Han

Guilty Gear
Chip Zanuff
Anji
Bridget

Blazblue
Tsubaki
Ragna
Taokaka
Carl Clover
Jin

Soul Calibur in general
Mitsurugi
Nightmare
Ivy
Rapheal

Fist of the north star
Kenshiro

Marvel Vs Capcom 2
Ryu
Dan HIBIKI
Jin
Spider Man
Sabertooth
Cyclops
Akuma
Ken
Hayate

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Mike Haggar
Ryu
Dr. Doom
Spencer.
Mike Haggar again
MODOK
Dante

Tekken
Law
Hworang
Jin
Law
Heihachi

SSBM
Captain Falcon
Marth
Roy

SSBB
Captain Falcon
Ike.

Persona 4 Arena
Naoto Shirogane

King of Fighters XIII
Andy
Maxima
King
Yuri
Leona
Kim
Kensou
Ryo
Takuma
Terry
JOE

Virtua Fighter
Jacky
Akira
Pai

Rumble Rosesā€¦
ALL OF THEM

DOA
ALL OF THE FEMALES.

Here is a taste in my SFIII skillz
Ryu Vs Gill Final Boss on HARDEST difficulty So easy compared to tournament level.

Last edited Jun 28, 2012 at 06:39PM EDT

Soul Calibur 2 (GC Version)
1. Raphael
2. Link
3. Cassandra
4. Astaroth
5. Ivy

Super Smash Bros Melee (didn't had a chance to own Brawlā€¦)
1. Marth
2. Falco Lombardi ā™„
3. Link
4. Mewtwo
5. Yoshi

Oclaf wrote:

Soul Calibur 2 (GC Version)
1. Raphael
2. Link
3. Cassandra
4. Astaroth
5. Ivy

Super Smash Bros Melee (didn't had a chance to own Brawlā€¦)
1. Marth
2. Falco Lombardi ā™„
3. Link
4. Mewtwo
5. Yoshi

I absolutely LOVE Cassandra. She's so damn sexy.

ENGAGE BONERS

Last edited Jun 29, 2012 at 10:12AM EDT

Alejandro wrote:

I absolutely LOVE Cassandra. She's so damn sexy.

ENGAGE BONERS

Hahaha I liked her too, I had a crush on her when I was younger!
But in the latest games, they turned her into a Barbie Girl Bimbo which kind of ruined it for me!

Oclaf wrote:

Hahaha I liked her too, I had a crush on her when I was younger!
But in the latest games, they turned her into a Barbie Girl Bimbo which kind of ruined it for me!

Hope your not talking about 5ā€¦you know.
4 I understand.

Super Smash Bros series:
ā€¢Kirby
ā€¢Link
ā€¢Donkey Kong
ā€¢Fox
ā€¢Sonic (Brawl)
I play with Kirby And Sonic mostly.Since I'm more skilled with fast character.

Soulcalibur II
I have Gamecube version of it so I play with Link and Nightmare.

Fighting game thread! :D

Tatsunoko VS Capcom is what first got me into fighters. Frank West and Zero were my mains there. Unfortunately, I only have MVC3, not ultimate, so I never got to play as Frank, or the totally awesome Doctor Strange. I didn't really have mains, (too many awesome characters,) but I think my best were Chris and Phoenix. They were incredibly versatile. Phoenix's stamina was her only weakness, but Chris didn't even have that problem.

I got into the big names later on. Super Street Fighter IV was fun, albeit with far too pronounced tiers. Gen is really under-rated. Probably because he's hard to use AND a lower tier. It's a shameā€¦ his fighting style is the coolest. Still, I've practiced as him a LOT, and can occasionally pull out a victory against my brother when he picks his best (M. Bison). Still, if I want to stand a chance, I pick Vega. Also, am I the only one that DOESN'T like Ryu and Ken? They're really simple, really easy to use, and they really bore me as a result.

As for BlazBlue, my favorite is Rachel Alucard, though, I'm not pretty subpar as her. :( I'm much better as Ragna and Jin.

I just recently played Tekken 6. I suck as Bryan Fury, but pick him a lot because he's cool. Also, Lili. But my favorite, by far, is Zafina. No surprise, as a Gen fan, that I like her. I love characters with bizarre, acrobatic fighting styles. And her style is awesome/crazy/creepy/sexy:

All in all, my favorite fighters (in order) are:

1. Zafina

2. Gen

3. Frank West

B. Snoop Dogg

HEY Y'ALL. SNIGGETY DIGGETY.

Also, if anyone's been keeping up with Fighting is Magic, I'm probably gonna main Rarity. Her combos are positively LUDICROUS!

HA HA HA. Rappers in fighting games.

@Kim Jong Irrest
Never played it, but I like the character design! Looked up a gameplay vid, too, and he looks pretty bitchin'!

@Adam Deland
YORE DOING IT RONG (obviousry, Bio Rex is bettar)

Also, almost forgot Smash Bros. I mained Fox in the first two, but swapped to Bowser in Brawl. My friends are surprised I can do subpar as him, let alone GOOD. It's a great feeling, being good as a character all your friends suck with! :P

Last edited Jul 03, 2012 at 02:53AM EDT

@L1AM

I don't play Soul Calibur, but nice Tekken picks! King is close behind Lili and Bryan for me, Yoshimitsu is probably tied. I never really got to play as Yoshimitsu, though, because he's my brother's favorite and I hate mirror matches. Still, his moves were hilarious and awesome and I love it!

That helicopter move is sweet.

Smash Brothers: Any character who weilds a Sword. Link, Ike, Marth, Roy, Pit, etc.
Soul Caliber 2: Link, Cassandra, Sophitia, Mizuruki.
MUGEN: Archer(fate/stay), Rorschach, Reimu, Solid Snake, Haruhi Suzumiya.

The only fighting game I really play is Soul Caliber. My favorite characters from the Soul Caliber series are most likely Nightmare, Voldo, and Yoshimitsu. I know, I know. I'm a cheap bastard for using Nightmare. I've been told before. But Nightmare is just so damn awesome!

Last edited Jul 12, 2012 at 12:34PM EDT

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

Had a change of heart.

Because I found my dignity.

Who dares to challenge the skill of a man capable of holding a small cup of tea with his boxing gloves?

Ann Hiro wrote:

friggin discovered the bad assery of roll in tatsunoko vs capcom.
Friggin midnight at while spending a night at a friends house.

YES! I almost forgot about Roll. Have any of you guys ever played as a character, without being familiar with them, and you just instantly operated at their peak, kicking all the ass? Roll was one of those characters for me. Also, Anakaris, which was good, because I had a used copy of Darkstalkers Chronicles on PSP, and the movelist was only in the booklet(which it didn't have).

Which brings up another point. Has anyone else here played the Darkstalkers/Vampire series? What're your favorites there? Anakaris was my best, but imo, Lord Raptor was the coolest. The character design in that game was SICK, and Lord Raptor stood out out as one of the craziest fighters.

the started kicking ass at their peek is impossible with me and my friendsā€¦
We frequently go to fighting game tournamentsā€¦
we're semi pro fighting gamers..

Yoshinori Ono is planning to make DarkStalkers 4

Last edited Jul 16, 2012 at 02:07AM EDT
Yoshinori Ono is planning to make DarkStalkers 4

He's been trying to convince Capcom, but as far as I know, nothing's come of it yet. If what you're saying is that there's been any sort of official announcement, please send me the source where you heard this. Darkstalkers would probably be my favorite fighter if only I didn't have to use a damn PSP D-Pad. :|

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!