Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,724 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

KnowYourMeme Just for Fun Forum Tournament of Champions

Last posted Aug 06, 2012 at 02:45AM EDT. Added Jul 30, 2012 at 07:37PM EDT
291 posts from 48 users

New poll is up
Feel free to vote there if you already voted here; just be sure to input your name and post in this thread saying that you did.

results (and it's pseudo-anonymous this time because you can't see who voted for who)

And once again, this competition thing is entirely meaningless, even less so than the forum president one we had a while back (I'll bet half of you don't even know who it is). Don't take it too harshly if you don't make it to the next round, and realize that much like a middle school election, this entire thing is a popularity contest, one with a clear winner from the start. It's just something fun Alejandro wanted to do.

Last edited Jul 31, 2012 at 05:39PM EDT

Twenty-One wrote:

Time for the round where I lose, I don't care. I didn't want to put my name in, but I can't be bothered to PM anyone.

Surprisingly, you're winning!
Same can't be said for me…

Last edited Jul 31, 2012 at 06:06PM EDT

Dude, the way you set up for tie-breakers is really bad. It just turns into a 'who can get their name posted first' competiton, which isn't fair at all, all depending on who is on at that time.

For it to be fair, there would have to be another small poll just between those two people.

Last edited Jul 31, 2012 at 06:47PM EDT

Chris wrote:

Dude, the way you set up for tie-breakers is really bad. It just turns into a 'who can get their name posted first' competiton, which isn't fair at all, all depending on who is on at that time.

For it to be fair, there would have to be another small poll just between those two people.

Agreed.

CocoaCannon wrote:

Wait a sec what if someone enters their poll submission under another user's name? I also see some users that submitted that I've never even heard of before.

That's dangerous thinking.

@Everyone who's voting for ANN:

I actually don't know why i'm so fucking paranoid about this

Last edited Jul 31, 2012 at 07:23PM EDT

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

New poll is up
Feel free to vote there if you already voted here; just be sure to input your name and post in this thread saying that you did.

results (and it's pseudo-anonymous this time because you can't see who voted for who)

And once again, this competition thing is entirely meaningless, even less so than the forum president one we had a while back (I'll bet half of you don't even know who it is). Don't take it too harshly if you don't make it to the next round, and realize that much like a middle school election, this entire thing is a popularity contest, one with a clear winner from the start. It's just something fun Alejandro wanted to do.

When does this poll close?

@Alex

Wait… I won?

But seriously, I'm honestly surprised. Still voted for you, Alex.

Last edited Jul 31, 2012 at 10:22PM EDT

Chris wrote:

Yeah, I agree, and I'm going to use my presidential veto powers to redo this entire system.

In the case of a tie, you shall engage in a competition of epic proportions, that will test your skill, wit, strategy, analysis, prediction, deception, and above all, patience.

Yeah, I agree, and I'm going to use my presidential veto powers to redo this entire system.

In the case of a tie, you shall engage in a competition of epic proportions, that will test your skill, wit, strategy, analysis, prediction, deception, and above all, patience.

When's the voting going to end?

Probably tomorrow at the same time it did today. Wherefore art thou, Alejandro (yay misusing adverbs)?

And for a tie, I suppose I'll do a separate poll.

so… 3 PM tomorrow.

Papa Coolface wrote:

Not surprising that I lost a popularity contest. I'm just too ironic for the mainstream.

You lost a popularity contest because everyone liked the other user more… also a majority of this site doesn't know you exist.

If nobody votes in 30 minutes, the polls will close due to inactivity and we will tally the votes. If anybody does vote, it will continue on to the specified time above.

• Current close time: 10:15 EDT, Wednesday, August 1, 2012.

Alright, madcat dropped out the first round, but Alejandro conveniently forgot to take him out of the tournament like he did with Bob.

So new survey between NeonWabbit and DoctorHobo.

go crazy

You can also post here if you're too lazy to click on it.

>Conveniently
Who here thinks Twins is in love with me say aye

Alright, madcat dropped out the first round, but Alejandro conveniently forgot to take him out of the tournament like he did with Bob.

So new survey between NeonWabbit and DoctorHobo.

go crazy

You can also post here if you're too lazy to click on it.

Also, this poll will close at 19 EDT/16 PDT.

>smacks self for almost attempting to vote twice to end the standstill.

If it goes on too long, just flip a coin.

Last edited Aug 01, 2012 at 07:52PM EDT

I BLOODY EXPEND MY TIME AND EFFORT FOR YOU GUYS AND YOU VOTE ME OUT? THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY ME? UNGRATEFUL BASTARDS.

Ah well, I had a pretty good run. Didn't even expect to be be included. And beating Solaire? Yay. Not like I would have a chance against Natsuru anyway (although I really expected RandomMan to win that one).

trolololo
Yes, that's the poll.

Last edited Aug 01, 2012 at 08:44PM EDT

I BLOODY EXPEND MY TIME AND EFFORT FOR YOU GUYS AND YOU VOTE ME OUT? THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY ME? UNGRATEFUL BASTARDS.

Ah well, I had a pretty good run. Didn't even expect to be be included. And beating Solaire? Yay. Not like I would have a chance against Natsuru anyway (although I really expected RandomMan to win that one).

trolololo
Yes, that's the poll.

I voted twice because I forgot to vote for 1.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!