Forums / Just For Fun

310,046 total conversations in 8,351 threads

+ New Thread

KnowYourMeme Just for Fun Forum Tournament of Champions

Last posted Aug 06, 2012 at 02:45AM EDT. Added Jul 30, 2012 at 07:37PM EDT
292 conversations with 49 participants

I hope the grand prize is as good as the Forum President one.

Jul 31, 2012 at 05:35PM EDT

New poll is up
Feel free to vote there if you already voted here; just be sure to input your name and post in this thread saying that you did.

results (and it’s pseudo-anonymous this time because you can’t see who voted for who)

And once again, this competition thing is entirely meaningless, even less so than the forum president one we had a while back (I’ll bet half of you don’t even know who it is). Don’t take it too harshly if you don’t make it to the next round, and realize that much like a middle school election, this entire thing is a popularity contest, one with a clear winner from the start. It’s just something fun Alejandro wanted to do.

Last edited Jul 31, 2012 at 05:39PM EDT
Jul 31, 2012 at 05:39PM EDT

Time for the round where I lose, I don’t care. I didn’t want to put my name in, but I can’t be bothered to PM anyone.

Jul 31, 2012 at 06:00PM EDT

Random 21 wrote:

Time for the round where I lose, I don’t care. I didn’t want to put my name in, but I can’t be bothered to PM anyone.

Surprisingly, you’re winning!
Same can’t be said for me…

Last edited Jul 31, 2012 at 06:06PM EDT
Jul 31, 2012 at 06:06PM EDT

Whoever put “a” in the username box is getting their votes disqualified. Please resubmit your votes with your real name please, or reveal who ya are.

Interesting results so far guise.

Last edited Jul 31, 2012 at 06:18PM EDT
Jul 31, 2012 at 06:18PM EDT

How I feel after looking up the results on my round

Last edited Jul 31, 2012 at 06:37PM EDT
Jul 31, 2012 at 06:29PM EDT

Dude, the way you set up for tie-breakers is really bad. It just turns into a ‘who can get their name posted first’ competiton, which isn’t fair at all, all depending on who is on at that time.

For it to be fair, there would have to be another small poll just between those two people.

Last edited Jul 31, 2012 at 06:47PM EDT
Jul 31, 2012 at 06:42PM EDT

Chris wrote:

Dude, the way you set up for tie-breakers is really bad. It just turns into a ‘who can get their name posted first’ competiton, which isn’t fair at all, all depending on who is on at that time.

For it to be fair, there would have to be another small poll just between those two people.

Agreed.

Jul 31, 2012 at 06:46PM EDT

Wait a sec what if someone enters their poll submission under another user’s name? I also see some users that submitted that I’ve never even heard of before.

Jul 31, 2012 at 06:59PM EDT

Megalolzors wrote:

Wait a sec what if someone enters their poll submission under another user’s name? I also see some users that submitted that I’ve never even heard of before.

That’s dangerous thinking.

Jul 31, 2012 at 07:14PM EDT

@Everyone who’s voting for ANN:

I actually don’t know why i’m so fucking paranoid about this

Last edited Jul 31, 2012 at 07:23PM EDT
Jul 31, 2012 at 07:17PM EDT

Twins the Serendipitous Serval wrote:

New poll is up
Feel free to vote there if you already voted here; just be sure to input your name and post in this thread saying that you did.

results (and it’s pseudo-anonymous this time because you can’t see who voted for who)

And once again, this competition thing is entirely meaningless, even less so than the forum president one we had a while back (I’ll bet half of you don’t even know who it is). Don’t take it too harshly if you don’t make it to the next round, and realize that much like a middle school election, this entire thing is a popularity contest, one with a clear winner from the start. It’s just something fun Alejandro wanted to do.

When does this poll close?

Jul 31, 2012 at 09:47PM EDT

@Alex

Wait… I won?

But seriously, I’m honestly surprised. Still voted for you, Alex.

Last edited Jul 31, 2012 at 10:22PM EDT
Jul 31, 2012 at 10:20PM EDT

chowzburgerz wrote:

I refuse to vote because I got left out.

I got left out too, but I’m still voting. They didn’t have enough space

Last edited Jul 31, 2012 at 11:21PM EDT
Jul 31, 2012 at 11:17PM EDT

Chris wrote:

Yeah, I agree, and I’m going to use my presidential veto powers to redo this entire system.

In the case of a tie, you shall engage in a competition of epic proportions, that will test your skill, wit, strategy, analysis, prediction, deception, and above all, patience.

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:55PM EDT

Yeah, I agree, and I’m going to use my presidential veto powers to redo this entire system.

In the case of a tie, you shall engage in a competition of epic proportions, that will test your skill, wit, strategy, analysis, prediction, deception, and above all, patience.

When’s the voting going to end?

Aug 01, 2012 at 12:02AM EDT

im worried because I’m up against madcat. 0_0

Aug 01, 2012 at 12:08AM EDT

Probably tomorrow at the same time it did today. Wherefore art thou, Alejandro (yay misusing adverbs)?

And for a tie, I suppose I’ll do a separate poll.

Last edited Aug 01, 2012 at 12:14AM EDT
Aug 01, 2012 at 12:13AM EDT

Probably tomorrow at the same time it did today. Wherefore art thou, Alejandro (yay misusing adverbs)?

And for a tie, I suppose I’ll do a separate poll.

so… 3 PM tomorrow.

Aug 01, 2012 at 12:16AM EDT

My face the entire time I was voting:

Last edited Aug 01, 2012 at 12:23AM EDT
Aug 01, 2012 at 12:22AM EDT

Aww i can’t believe i lost against madcat. It was fun when it lasted.

Aug 01, 2012 at 12:49AM EDT

I looked at the result portion of that post and saw that i’m losing by 4 votes, was fun while it lasted.

Aug 01, 2012 at 12:54AM EDT

We all know who would win the poll.

It’s Jamie
Aug 01, 2012 at 01:30AM EDT

Not surprising that I lost a popularity contest. I’m just too ironic for the mainstream.

Aug 01, 2012 at 01:49AM EDT

The Rustler wrote:

Not surprising that I lost a popularity contest. I’m just too ironic for the mainstream.

You lost a popularity contest because everyone liked the other user more… also a majority of this site doesn’t know you exist.

Aug 01, 2012 at 01:58AM EDT

MFW i’m up against falcon.

Black shadow BTW captain falcon’s arch nemesis.

Aug 01, 2012 at 08:35AM EDT

The voting will end at 15:00 EDT, Wednesday, August 1, 2012.

Aug 01, 2012 at 08:52AM EDT

If nobody votes in 30 minutes, the polls will close due to inactivity and we will tally the votes. If anybody does vote, it will continue on to the specified time above.

• Current close time: 10:15 EDT, Wednesday, August 1, 2012.
Aug 01, 2012 at 09:44AM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Ann Hiro, Alex,

I’m expecting you two in my office tomorrow, pants on the ankles.

What did The two guys from Texas do to you?

Aug 01, 2012 at 11:58AM EDT

Alright, madcat dropped out the first round, but Alejandro conveniently forgot to take him out of the tournament like he did with Bob.

So new survey between NeonWabbit and DoctorHobo.

go crazy

You can also post here if you’re too lazy to click on it.

Last edited Aug 01, 2012 at 03:28PM EDT
Aug 01, 2012 at 03:00PM EDT

Alright, madcat dropped out the first round, but Alejandro conveniently forgot to take him out of the tournament like he did with Bob.

go crazy

>Conveniently
Who here thinks Twins is in love with me say aye

Aug 01, 2012 at 03:09PM EDT

go crazy

Also, this poll will close at 19 EDT/16 PDT.

Aug 01, 2012 at 03:18PM EDT

I just realized while looking at the votes between me and mexican android that his side of the circle is brown and mine is…

Aug 01, 2012 at 03:19PM EDT

6 minutes left in the tiebreaker round. Will the tide turn? Vote pl0x.

EDIT: Annnnd another tie. Well, let’s see what happens in 30 minutes.

Last edited Aug 01, 2012 at 07:03PM EDT
Aug 01, 2012 at 06:55PM EDT

>smacks self for almost attempting to vote twice to end the standstill.

If it goes on too long, just flip a coin.

Last edited Aug 01, 2012 at 07:52PM EDT
Aug 01, 2012 at 07:51PM EDT

Her Majesty Twins will have the poll up shortly.
Also, DoctorHobo won the standoff by two points. It was a good fight, you two.

Last edited Aug 01, 2012 at 08:19PM EDT
Aug 01, 2012 at 08:17PM EDT

I BLOODY EXPEND MY TIME AND EFFORT FOR YOU GUYS AND YOU VOTE ME OUT? THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY ME? UNGRATEFUL BASTARDS.

Ah well, I had a pretty good run. Didn’t even expect to be be included. And beating Solaire? Yay. Not like I would have a chance against Natsuru anyway (although I really expected RandomMan to win that one).

trolololo
Yes, that’s the poll.

Last edited Aug 01, 2012 at 08:44PM EDT
Aug 01, 2012 at 08:44PM EDT

I BLOODY EXPEND MY TIME AND EFFORT FOR YOU GUYS AND YOU VOTE ME OUT? THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY ME? UNGRATEFUL BASTARDS.

Ah well, I had a pretty good run. Didn’t even expect to be be included. And beating Solaire? Yay. Not like I would have a chance against Natsuru anyway (although I really expected RandomMan to win that one).

trolololo
Yes, that’s the poll.

I voted twice because I forgot to vote for 1.

Aug 01, 2012 at 08:51PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!