Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,722 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

The Ultimate Tag Team Tournament of Dreams

Last posted Nov 04, 2012 at 01:23AM EDT. Added Oct 10, 2012 at 10:46PM EDT
66 posts from 27 users

Hello, and finally I am here to host the new tournament I promised a few weeks back.
-We will be entering 32 teams of the users choice.
-Only one character can be use once.
-This is not a popularity contest.
-Post an image, and either link to a page with their abilities, or post their important skills, and items.
-The only help they get is equipment they use, and their Tag partner
-The winner of each round is decided by 3 judges.
-Rounds should end in 24 hours, but I will allow the judges time to submit their results to me late.

Judges.
I will be the first judge.
I am looking for 2 judges to help me in deciding winners.
Judging Criteria:
-Be willing to do the research of each character on each team.
-Stay unbiased
-Be reasonable when evaluating each battle.
-Analyze everything each character has, and how it may help, or not defeat their enemy.
(Example: Superman is weak to magic, Reimu Hakurei can deal with Superman considering her own abilities )
-Make a summarized report of the "battle"
-Report the results to Ann Hiro

Depends how many people ask me. If you, and 1 other person are the only ones that ask me within a certain amount of time, then yes. But if I end up having more than 2 people ask me I will set up a scenario, and the ones who are most fair and reasonable become the judges.

The role of the Community:
-If you know something about the character feel free to share what you know
-Show us your thoughts, and explain why a certain character will beat another.
-Don't be afraid to have a counter argument against another persons thoughts. All it means that the fight will only be more awesome.
-Overall we want you to input, input, and more input.
-Also be competitive, but also have fun.

Team: Dio Brando & Sakuya Izayoi
(Yes I'm such a nerd, and their abilities are linked in their names.)

here's an idea of what she can do

Time jump: Can "age" things faster.

- Time/Space compression/expansion: Since space and time are related she can control space, shrinking and increasing distances at will.

- Past/Present/Future compression: Compresses time so that the past present and future exist simultaneously, enabling her past attacks, future attacks and present attacks to hit at the same time..

- Magic Star Sword: A knife under the influence of time acceleration. Since it flies straight forward at high speed, it's good at dealing with head-on attacks.

- Vanishing Everything: Sakuya stops time and teleports. Since it's usually hard to tell when she's teleporting, it's useful as a warp technique. She leaves a card behind, which is probably to make it look like her own kind of magic.

- Sense of thrown edge: Throws knives and then manipulates time to stop them in midair. The knives will resume motion after time passes, or after placing another set.

- Time Sign Perfect Square: Her specialty, time manipulation. It delays time around her, slowing down the enemy, providing overwhelming offensive and defensive superiority.

- Illusion Burial "Phantasmal Murderer of the Night Fog" : A stronger version of Murder Doll. A temporal manipulation spell where knives leave the screen then bear down on the enemy at blinding speed.

- Sakuya's World *: One of the strongest time manipulation spells. An unfair spell that completely stops time around her so she can attack, but it's expensive and slow to recover.

- Silver Sign Silver bound: Simultaneously launches bouncing knives in all directions. Individually their power is weak, but they make up for it in quantity and range.

- Time Sign "Sakuya's Specially-made Stopwatch" : A technique that throws out time suspension fields. Enemies caught in the field can't move until they leave it.

- Illusion Seal Image Clock: A spell card that stops time and arranges knives in ridiculous ways.

- Maid Secrete Skill: A spell card where thrown knives suddenly change direction. Sakuya teleports, too.

- Void Inflation Square: A spell card that stops time and randomly scatters knives.

- Deflation World: A mysterious spell card that manifests the past and the future of thrown knives at the same time. The knives can only fly straight ahead, so the past and the future form a straight line. In the end, this is the same as a laser, isn't it?

- Time Sign Tunnel Effect: A spell card that manifests the past and future of thrown knives. Similar to Deflation World, but time runs in reverse in this one.

If you have questions just ask me either here on the thread, my wall, or a PM.

Last edited Oct 11, 2012 at 11:39AM EDT

My suggested team: Link (from Zelda) and Ike (from Fire Emblem)

I won't go too far into their powers, as most of Link's skills are common knowledge, but I will say Ike goes into battle with all of his default skills equip from Radiant Dawn upon reaching Vanguard Class; Which include Nihil (disable enemy special attacks or abilities used against him) and Ather (First strike drains the damage he causes, and the second one strikes as if the enemy has zero defense).

Last edited Oct 10, 2012 at 11:47PM EDT

Ooh! Ooh! I used to run a fighting ring like this for a long time! I'm gunna go with my hard-hitters:
Maxamillion Pegasus-Crawford and Harror the Nightstalker!

Pegasus (Yu-Gi-Oh) uses his Egyptian God-Eye to draw his opponent's souls into the Shadow Realm. Unless, of course, they can defeat him in Duel Monsters, the game he more-or-less invented. He's also ridiculously wealthy and even more ridiculously bishi.

Harror (Magi-Nation) is a Shadow mage from Andariel. She's a potent sorceress and metamagician (arguably the best of both in her faction) and fills a roll similar to Evil Lynn within the fiction. She is also the most terrifying of the Shadow Magi; summoning the stuff of nightmares and giving it physical shape or simply locking down the foes with incapacitating terror and ennui. She can also swing a halberd with some skill, when she has to.

Team: The Kid from Bastion and Raz from Psychonauts

The Kid wields a massive hammer, a repeating rifle, a longbow, a machete, a musket, dual duel pistols, a pike, a carbine, a flamethrower, a deployable mortar, a massive mini-nuke cannon, and an enormous battering ram. He can roll, drink healing tonics, and perform powerful skills consuming black tonic. He's tough as nails, tenacious, and narrated by Logan Cunningham.

Raz is a gifted psychic that can read minds, predict the future, levitate, imbue his strikes with range and damage, shoot mental bullets, light stuff on fire, form an impenetrable shield around himself, confuse his foes, turn invisible, and lift things with his mind. He is immensely agile and fast. On top of all that, he's brave and resourceful.

By that I mean he uses bacon to summon his adviser, the strongest psychic that ever lived (who's only suffering from a small case of severe mental disorders).

Corvo from dishonered.
And…

Dovahkiin from skyrim.

Corvo will have his powers of rats blowing people away and others (excluding bend time and possenoin as its OP)

Dragonborn can have nay few which you choose from shouts. The Thu'um list:http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Shouts

Last edited Oct 11, 2012 at 03:13AM EDT

"Team Dextro", Garrus 'Archangel' Vakarian

and Tali'Zorah nar Rayya

Garrus is an extremely skilled sharpshooter carrying a powerful Rosenkov M-97 Viper semi-automatic scoped rifle. Tali'Zorah is a close combat expert wielding a lethal armor piercing M-22 Eviscerator shotgun.

Both are highly skilled technicians, though Tali is the better of the two on that front. Garrus is also a known hand to hand combat expert, and being as he's a Turian, has served in the military before going to C-Sec.

Together, there's almost nothing they can't handle. Hell, either one alone could easily handle themselves in a fight.

Last edited Oct 11, 2012 at 04:28AM EDT

Two Characters of choice after a 2 second thought process.

Character 1- Omega Zero

Character 2- Kirby

Both are have special abilities that can't be trifled with….and kirby can simply absorb Omega >.>

Ann Hiro wrote:

I NEED OP EDIT I MESSED IT UP!!!

Should be possible now.

As for a team, I guess I'll combine these two:

Samus Aran from the Metroid franchise and Master Chief from the Halo franchise.

Bit cliché, but they both have a good reputation amongst their console fanboys, so I think they'll do ok.

Last edited Oct 11, 2012 at 08:10AM EDT

@RandomMan
Thank you. I was editing it near it's 30 minute limit, and when I finished the edit it was after the limit.

EDIT:
Some of you guys are gonna make the judges job hard. They will have to research all the possibilities with the characters.

edit: great thing the results are up to the judges, or Nair may get butthurt again.
Last edited Oct 11, 2012 at 09:37AM EDT

Ann Hiro wrote:

@RandomMan
Thank you. I was editing it near it's 30 minute limit, and when I finished the edit it was after the limit.

EDIT:
Some of you guys are gonna make the judges job hard. They will have to research all the possibilities with the characters.

edit: great thing the results are up to the judges, or Nair may get butthurt again.

If I may suggest, I would use a combination of both judges and popular vote.

In order:

1. A jury, like you suggested: Have you and 2 others give both tag teams a score within a certain range of points. The total points between the 3 members of the jury will be combined.
  2. A voting poll, like last time: Have the characters face off against each other and allow users to vote.
  3. [The jury MUST have their score in before the poll goes up, to avoid a biased change in the given score based on the otherwise known poll results. Likewise to this, the jury must keep their scores hidden to avoid biased voting from the userbase.]
  4. The winner of the poll will then get his advantage added to his points, the results of that then make up who wins.

This partly removes the risk of a biased jury, while also keeping the userbase involved (having a contest without influence of the userbase isn't real community friendly). During the poll, users can of course post on why they'd advice others to go with the same vote, likewise to the jury discussing this amongst themselves.

Feel free to change the idea a bit, but I believe this will keep most parties happy while keeping the contest itself fair and objective and not up for decision of just a few users.

Last edited Oct 11, 2012 at 10:28AM EDT

@Douglas
Doom: Strider buddy is that you! Rocks to the end!

wow Douglas I'm impressed that you know that the Doom/Strider combo have great synergy.

@RandomMan
Sounds good, and yes I will change it up a bit.

Last edited Oct 11, 2012 at 11:29AM EDT

Taskmaster from Marvel Comics

Lin from The King of Fighters

He has photographic reflexes. He is able to duplicate almost any physical act he sees after seeing it done by someone else only once. Also he is nasty with dat sword and dem shields
Ninja guy hurr durr, he has AIDS, err, Poison Blood. He has some control over poison, he can even SPIT IT. Aaaaaand like every ninja : Teleport, be invisible, hand strikes, etc…Oh did I forgot to mention he can also send his arms through the godamn floor and punch ya in da face?

(Info taken from Marvel wiki and SNK wiki)

Flygon Lv.100

Max Attack, and Speed
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Fly
Ice Beam

Flygon can summon sandstorms, blinding it's opponents. It's agility and power allows it to hit swiftly and effectively.

Rayquaza Lv.100

Max Special Attack, Attack and Speed
Thunder
Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower
Extremespeed

Rayquaza is capable of flying into Earth's upper atmosphere, at extreme speeds. Legendary status and massively powerful.

Ann, I have a question:

Would it be okay to have one character of the two as a Pokemon trainer, using X Pokemon as his "items"? If that's possible I'll post my team. Reasons why this might not be okay: 1) Is not an official character, so doesn't qualify, or 2) Too OP because other people chose single Pokemon.
Last edited Oct 11, 2012 at 06:41PM EDT

Breloom, best pokemon.

Level 100, to balance him with everyone else in the thread. Perfect IVs and maxed speed and attack EVs.
His moveset:
Mach Punch (a punch at the speed of sound)
Leech Seed (drains enemy health to heal)
Toxic (Inflicts Level 2 Posioning)
Leaf Blade (High power grass attack)
Ability: Poison Heal- Heals Breloom by 1/8 total health every turn when poisoned. Takes no damage from poison.
Item: Toxic Orb- Poisons holder.

-------------------------------------------------------

Scout, best class.

Shortstop
Crit-a-Cola
The Holy Mackerel
Also, he is fast and got them double jumps.
Last edited Oct 11, 2012 at 06:37PM EDT

in the hoppip over the sea wrote:

I pick God

And the FSM

The only fair matchup would be against the emprah and the kitten

AZATHOTH

&

YOG-SOTHOTH

Azathoth and Yog-Sothoth are the two most powerful entities in H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos. The artist's interpretations aren't what they really look like, as their true form is beyond mortal comprehension.

Azathoth is a star-sized being that resides in the centre of reality. He is the oldest in the universe, and all Great Old Ones are His descendants. Azathoth created the universe through his dreaming, and if he awakes reality shall be undone.

Yog-Sothoth is a being of infinite scope, existing beyond space and time. He is the All-in-one and the One-in-all, and is all-knowing/omniscient. He can warp reality and do anything, even if it makes no logical sense.

Both of these beings are greater than universal in terms of their power and scope. Beings lesser than cosmic entities go horribly insane due to their mere presence.

More on Azathoth here

More on Yog-Sothoth here and here
Last edited Oct 11, 2012 at 09:29PM EDT

Papa Coolface wrote:

AZATHOTH

&

YOG-SOTHOTH

Azathoth and Yog-Sothoth are the two most powerful entities in H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos. The artist's interpretations aren't what they really look like, as their true form is beyond mortal comprehension.

Azathoth is a star-sized being that resides in the centre of reality. He is the oldest in the universe, and all Great Old Ones are His descendants. Azathoth created the universe through his dreaming, and if he awakes reality shall be undone.

Yog-Sothoth is a being of infinite scope, existing beyond space and time. He is the All-in-one and the One-in-all, and is all-knowing/omniscient. He can warp reality and do anything, even if it makes no logical sense.

Both of these beings are greater than universal in terms of their power and scope. Beings lesser than cosmic entities go horribly insane due to their mere presence.

More on Azathoth here

More on Yog-Sothoth here and here

Dude someone already chose the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Penz0id wrote:

Flygon Lv.100

Max Attack, and Speed
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Fly
Ice Beam

Flygon can summon sandstorms, blinding it's opponents. It's agility and power allows it to hit swiftly and effectively.

Rayquaza Lv.100

Max Special Attack, Attack and Speed
Thunder
Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower
Extremespeed

Rayquaza is capable of flying into Earth's upper atmosphere, at extreme speeds. Legendary status and massively powerful.

Ann, I have a question:

Would it be okay to have one character of the two as a Pokemon trainer, using X Pokemon as his "items"? If that's possible I'll post my team. Reasons why this might not be okay: 1) Is not an official character, so doesn't qualify, or 2) Too OP because other people chose single Pokemon.

Accepted

Ann Hiro wrote:

Question

Well, Wsxdas and I agree it would be a bit OP to have more Pokemon than anyone else, so I'll leave my team as is.

I'll pick Monkey D. Luffy and his first mate Rorona Zoro. Luffy has the power of the Gum-Gum Fruit which makes his body stretchable rubber. Zoro has no devil fruit powers but he is a skilled swordsman who uses a combination of attacks with his three swords.

Luffy's powers

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Gomu_Gomu_no_Mi

Zoro's sword skills

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Santoryu

Last edited Oct 12, 2012 at 11:52AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!