Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,775 total conversations in 9,945 threads

+ New Thread

Zelda again

Last posted Sep 21, 2013 at 04:58AM EDT. Added Sep 15, 2013 at 09:17PM EDT
17 posts from 9 users

I… keep playing Zelda…

Now, what if… you could take one game mechanic from one Zelda game, and mix it with others… like this;

The scaling walls like in Skyword, the run and swing from Twilight Princess, side missions like from Majora, taking control of another charecter other then Link from Windwaker…
I'm out of ideas… any one interested in playing along?

What if a game like Four Swords Adventures was made using a 3d engine and not featuring Toon Link? Maybe instead of splitting into 4 different Links, he would just have other companions.

Adam DeLand wrote:

What if a game like Four Swords Adventures was made using a 3d engine and not featuring Toon Link? Maybe instead of splitting into 4 different Links, he would just have other companions.

Holy crap… I wanted to do that too!

Have a Goron, Deku, and Zora go with you! That would be epic!!!

Zelda for the Wii U apparently has some sort of Multiplayer planned. If this means something like Portal 2, I will be quite pleased. Also dungeons you can tackle in any order. Like Megaman.

Personally, a mechanic I would like to see better done is the Parkour Mechanics. Cause seeing Link wall jump 3 times before Clawshoting to an otherwise inaccessible grapple target would be insanely cool.

Last edited Sep 16, 2013 at 01:19AM EDT

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Zelda for the Wii U apparently has some sort of Multiplayer planned. If this means something like Portal 2, I will be quite pleased. Also dungeons you can tackle in any order. Like Megaman.

Personally, a mechanic I would like to see better done is the Parkour Mechanics. Cause seeing Link wall jump 3 times before Clawshoting to an otherwise inaccessible grapple target would be insanely cool.

Assassin's Creed: Hyrule.

Quantum Meme wrote:

Wait, what was the topic? I thought it was 'Zelda' again', which implies Zelda coming back, amirite?

Its at the top, short version, if you could mix Zelda games with other Zelda games, what would it be?

Jeff dumbham wrote:

Its at the top, short version, if you could mix Zelda games with other Zelda games, what would it be?

The main answer to that is "Miyamoto's Nightmare", as a game that does not introduce new elements tends to be a drag for him.

If new elements can be introduced in harmony with the remix of old elements, you get a much fresher experience.

Last edited Sep 21, 2013 at 04:59AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!