Locked Locked
[Just For Fun] This Goat

Last posted May 08, 2014 at 04:07AM EDT. Added Oct 08, 2013 at 09:20AM EDT
709 posts from 88 users

­­­Alex Mercer wrote:

Yes 

This is a good joke.

Alex has made a good joke.

It is funny, because it is nothing like the truth. It implies that something can be like The Cheeto when nothing can be.

You have made me chuckle, Alex.

Verbose wrote:

This is a good joke.

It is funny, because it is nothing like the truth. It implies that something can be like The Cheeto when nothing can be.

madcat wrote:

The goat is possibly the worst, most forced thing I've ever seen in my life. That's sad, considering 9gag is still around.

Please, tell me how a meme can be "forced" unless it is always the same person or select small group of people putting it everywhere? A meme may be forced in the beginning, they all are at some point, only a small number of content creators that move it around. But at some point, a bunch of people start doing it. Does this mean that it's forced if a bunch of people all pick up the same thing? You just completely removed the part of the word "meme", that it spreads from person to person. If it spreads, it's a meme, if it's always the same person/small group of people, it is forced.

Under the roof of KYM, the goat is a forced meme, not many people know it and it hasn't spread outside of here. But it isn't, it's been on /v/ before, and it's spread here. That is 2 points of exposure, and with it can only have 2 outcomes. It spreads elsewhere or it dies. No forcing involved. Can only be forced by individuals and small groups of individuals.

AutisticWeeb wrote:

Please, tell me how a meme can be "forced" unless it is always the same person or select small group of people putting it everywhere? A meme may be forced in the beginning, they all are at some point, only a small number of content creators that move it around. But at some point, a bunch of people start doing it. Does this mean that it's forced if a bunch of people all pick up the same thing? You just completely removed the part of the word "meme", that it spreads from person to person. If it spreads, it's a meme, if it's always the same person/small group of people, it is forced.

Under the roof of KYM, the goat is a forced meme, not many people know it and it hasn't spread outside of here. But it isn't, it's been on /v/ before, and it's spread here. That is 2 points of exposure, and with it can only have 2 outcomes. It spreads elsewhere or it dies. No forcing involved. Can only be forced by individuals and small groups of individuals.

Eh, I never said anything about its origins. I'm talking strictly about in KYM. It's being posted everywhere in a ton of different articles by a group of 3-5. It just seems to me like they're trying to legitimize it in the most annoying way possible. That's just how it comes off to me.

madcat wrote:

The goat is possibly the worst, most forced thing I've ever seen in my life. That's sad, considering 9gag is still around.

Here, allow me to give an overview of how this all started--from my perspective, at least:

About one month ago, TwilightSapphire uploaded the first page of the doujin "Yotsunoha Legs" but edited to make it about vidya and Battletoads on the Hentai Quotes page. It mustered a lot of attention. Then, Sir Brown Bear and Imma He-Man took turns uploading the rest of it. Afterward, that was that and we all moved on. For a while it would be referenced every so often as an inside joke, but the first match was struck about five days ago when Deustodo created this image (by request from He-Man, if I'm not mistaken) after saying "THE GOAT NEVER ENDS."

People who know me by now know that I love making content for people; it makes me happy to see people pleased with things I make. And so, I saw an opportunity to make a few people laugh and made just one goat gif. After He-Man reuploaded it reaction faces, I saw how he called me and Deustodo as "emissaries of the new goat world." And from then on it got out of hand. I was churning out goat content because I enjoyed it and found it funny, and got good reception.

However, I could tell early on that there were some users that really, really wanted Goat-tan to become a "thing." Allow me to quote a certain user that really made me cringe:

IF the goat (immagoat / goat-tan / ???) was turned into a meme and not just inside joke then it should had it’s own page,
But as it is it will be hard to move it to 4chan or tumbler…
I want it to happend , but it will be hard.

Ugh. You see, madcat, you are actually quite right. Some people here are so excited so see we have a "thing" that they want to force it into being a meme. I personally don't want that, but that's heavy-handed coming from one of the main contributers of goat. I can only assume it'll die down soon enough, but I'm still going to make images for it; cause it's fun.

Last edited Oct 08, 2013 at 04:50PM EDT

madcat wrote:

Eh, I never said anything about its origins. I'm talking strictly about in KYM. It's being posted everywhere in a ton of different articles by a group of 3-5. It just seems to me like they're trying to legitimize it in the most annoying way possible. That's just how it comes off to me.

i just like making funny pictures

Dorito5 wrote:

You posted the whole damn thing, here, that's the what.
I'm not hating, just…idk, unexpected surprise?

Well, even though this is in JFF this is still a meme research site. If someone asks about a meme, I will answer.

That Glaceon wrote:

Here, allow me to give an overview of how this all started--from my perspective, at least:

About one month ago, TwilightSapphire uploaded the first page of the doujin "Yotsunoha Legs" but edited to make it about vidya and Battletoads on the Hentai Quotes page. It mustered a lot of attention. Then, Sir Brown Bear and Imma He-Man took turns uploading the rest of it. Afterward, that was that and we all moved on. For a while it would be referenced every so often as an inside joke, but the first match was struck about five days ago when Deustodo created this image (by request from He-Man, if I'm not mistaken) after saying "THE GOAT NEVER ENDS."

People who know me by now know that I love making content for people; it makes me happy to see people pleased with things I make. And so, I saw an opportunity to make a few people laugh and made just one goat gif. After He-Man reuploaded it reaction faces, I saw how he called me and Deustodo as "emissaries of the new goat world." And from then on it got out of hand. I was churning out goat content because I enjoyed it and found it funny, and got good reception.

However, I could tell early on that there were some users that really, really wanted Goat-tan to become a "thing." Allow me to quote a certain user that really made me cringe:

IF the goat (immagoat / goat-tan / ???) was turned into a meme and not just inside joke then it should had it’s own page,
But as it is it will be hard to move it to 4chan or tumbler…
I want it to happend , but it will be hard.

Ugh. You see, madcat, you are actually quite right. Some people here are so excited so see we have a "thing" that they want to force it into being a meme. I personally don't want that, but that's heavy-handed coming from one of the main contributers of goat. I can only assume it'll die down soon enough, but I'm still going to make images for it; cause it's fun.

You forgot a few important things. After we finished "Yotsunoha Legs" I always thought that it would be fun to do the same thing with a new comic if the opportunity ever arose. Sure enough, somebody (not sure who, since the image itself has been deleted) uploaded the first page of an "Attack on Titan" doujin. This had been what I was waiting for. I posted the next page, and called it "DID YOU THINK IT WAS OVER?!?". I did this so everyone would know that this was supposed to be a new image series.
Deustodo picked up on this right away, and while I was hoping that Sir Brown Bear would see my handiwork and contribute to the comic, Deustodo made the first Goat-tan image. Eventually I posted about 3/4 of the AoT doujin, but all but one of them were deleted. I tried to start again in the cringeworthy gallery, but it didn't get popular enough.
It was then that I requested for Deustodo to make the [The Goat Intensifies] image. After that I created the tag "immagoat" and asked TwilightSaphire and Sir Brown Bear to add it to their respective images. They did, and the "immagoat" gallery unofficially began. Since then, You, Deustodo, and plenty of others have been having tons of fun with a harmless inside joke. I don't know why people are calling this a forced meme. It's not a meme, and I don't think anyone is forcing it… except perhaps that one chap. You know the guy who I'm talking about. Anyways, lets all just have fun basking in Goat-tan's glorious vidya!

madcat wrote:

This sounds strangely familiar…

Maybe it's time the goat got its own quarantine thread.

Edit: Whoops, meant thread, not board. Haha.

Last edited Oct 08, 2013 at 08:03PM EDT

So who posted it on /v/?

EDIT 4 SAUCE NSFW 4chan

About one month ago, TwilightSapphire uploaded the first page of the doujin “Yotsunoha Legs” but edited to make it about vidya and Battletoads on the Hentai Quotes page.

>didn't make since was posted on /v/ in Feb. 2012

Last edited Oct 08, 2013 at 08:15PM EDT

Asura wrote:

Seriously, that doujin disturbs the fuck out of me.

Here was my response, as findable on this site, to it:

"The amount of sheer oddity, innocence and blatantly and badly hidden beastiality in this hentai makes me cringe so hard that I have at least 5 chins."

Now I know it should be called doujin, but that was before I had encountered that word before.
Honestly, I think just about everyone here feels kinda this way, but it's now become a sick inside joke.

Last edited Oct 08, 2013 at 09:01PM EDT

Derpy Vaz wrote:

So who posted it on /v/?

EDIT 4 SAUCE NSFW 4chan

About one month ago, TwilightSapphire uploaded the first page of the doujin “Yotsunoha Legs” but edited to make it about vidya and Battletoads on the Hentai Quotes page.

>didn't make since was posted on /v/ in Feb. 2012

Yes, I just uploaded it to the hentai quotes gallery after seeing this video

Habanero-tan wrote:

Yes, I just uploaded it to the hentai quotes gallery after seeing this video

My point is, that it's not a "camowam" or even "this cheeto" if it started on 4chan so goat as much as your heart desires. It may not be a meme but it sure is fun to post.

Last edited Oct 08, 2013 at 10:28PM EDT

Dammit, you guys! That goat head doesn't look right in the actual comic any more! I've seen so many shoops of it on this site that it has rendered my brain to register that it looks wrong with the right body.

WTF, KYM! Hahaha!

Verbose wrote:

This is a good joke.

It is true that nothing may be like the cheeto. The cheeto, however, can be like anything it pleases!

AutisticWeeb wrote:

Hay guys, I have finally assumed my true form. Anyone up for some Battletoads?

Are you enjoying this New World we have created.

Last edited Oct 09, 2013 at 03:31PM EDT

There is still hope.

There will always be hope.

For as long as the last man or woman stands against the goat, and the cheeto, and the warlord Super Robo Jesus, there will be hope.

The most furious of tempests, the most chaotic of hurricanes, the most ferocious eruptions of the earth are all naught before Those that Stand. Those that Stand will not fall to the corruption. Battletoads is merely a herald of doom, of warfare.

Those that Stand will stand forever.

Godspeed, comrades.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

Okay seriously now, you know which one I am talking about.

What's up with this goat and why is it on a quest for total KYM domination?

GIF of the fricking year.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!