Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,849 total conversations in 4,537 threads

+ New Thread

The "True" Super Campeones/Captain Tsubasa Ending (Creepypasta/Fan-Fiction?)

Last posted Sep 16, 2011 at 05:38PM EDT. Added Sep 15, 2011 at 03:43PM EDT
3 posts from 2 users

I've just talked with some friends and out of nowhere, we started talking about this Soccer anime famous in México called Captain Tsubasa also known in Mexico as Super Campeones. While we were talking about it, someone asked how the series ended; I was going to tell them the fact that the series is still going in Japan, but then another friend of mine talked this suppoused ending where everything was just a dream…

This is not the first time I've heard this story. I've heard people talking about it since 2005. After seeing the Agony in Pink entry, I've realized this could be a meme… sort of.

The only thing I know is that this Fan-Fiction/Creepypasta comes from the web. If you have any information about this, or even know what the heck I'm talking about, could you help me researching the origins of the story?

Obviously a blatant lie. However, I understand this rumor existed even before the internet boom. Even when it was aired very few people actually knew the Japanese names (Tsubasa Oozora, Kojirou Hyuga, etc. etc.). Therefore it was easy to spread rumors.

Maybe you refer to these (extremely badly made) pictures:

Thanks to the internet, know you can prove it was a cheap lie. You can even read the complete manga here. SPOILER: Tsubasa lives happily as a football player.

In other words, "pura mierda".

Note that this story is quite similar to the fanfic ending of Doraemon , where Nobita is supposed to dream everything. However, that fanfic was actually made in Japan in 1988.

Last edited Sep 16, 2011 at 04:01AM EDT

So could you consider this more like a meme like other creepypastas, like Candle Cove? Can we research it as a meme? Or is really impossible to even do a research (I didn't know it was older than the Internet!)?

BTW: I already knew this was a lame rumor since 2005, so…

HATERS GONNA HATE

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!