Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,902 total conversations in 4,546 threads

+ New Thread

Entry request for "/r/whatsinthisthing"

Last posted Mar 19, 2013 at 10:14AM EDT. Added Mar 17, 2013 at 02:09PM EDT
11 posts from 8 users

What i'm referring to is a subreddit created yesterday for this user who posted pictures of a vault his friend found after he bought a house that was previously a "Drug House". His username is "dont_stop_me_smee" and he created "/r/whatsinthisthing" to update redditors on him opening the safe. Since yesterday when it was created it already has 50k+ subscribers and I suspect it'll only increase as people start to learn about this. This thing is trending like crazy.

The original thread that caused this:
http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/1aenk5/a_friend_of_mine_moved_into_a_former_drug_house/

Last edited Mar 17, 2013 at 02:15PM EDT

Alright, I added a basic summary and a link to the article. This is looking really interesting.

In 2013 Reddit user dont_stop_me_smee began posting images of a large safe that he discovered in a house that he had just moved into. The building had been a drug house before they moved in, which lead to extensive speculation as to what could be inside. The post was eventually spn off into a sub-reddit, which has accumulated over 60,000 followers. dont_stop_me_smee has said that he has hhired a locksmith to open the safe, and that he will be posting pictures of what he finds inside. The event has drawn comparisons to the live opening of Al Capone's vault in 1986, with speculation that the opening of this safe will have a similarily dissappointing result.

Also – here is a link to the entry that Amanda made.

Last edited Mar 18, 2013 at 05:03PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!