Forums / Media / Moving Images

18,567 total conversations in 823 threads

+ New Thread

Favorite Movie Soundtrack?

Last posted Sep 29, 2014 at 07:15AM EDT. Added Sep 28, 2014 at 07:37PM EDT
11 posts from 11 users

Since there are a ton of Video Game soundtrack threads, why not make a movie one?

We've all fallen in love with a movie's soundtrack. Whenever it's beautiful, comedic, brutal, or uplifting. (I know, this sounds corny.)
This is the thread where one can share their favorite soundtracks. It doesn't matter what kind it is. It can be an original score, a compilation of songs that were used for the film, etc.

To start off, my favorite one is the Blade Runner soundtrack done by Vangelis. It just sounds so beautiful and it fits well with the film. The Synthesizers used were the best.

It may not be as iconic as Stan Bush's The Touch, Dare, or Instruments of Destruction. But, you have to admit, Vince DiCola was quite a ahead of his time when he made music for the Transformers 1986 movie's Soundtrack; especially with Megatron must be stopped (one of my many personal favorites from the Movie's SoundTrack)

Last edited Sep 28, 2014 at 10:35PM EDT

I'm a huge Danny Elfman fan. I could post a video of his best work, such as both Burton Batman films, Nightmare Before Christmas, or Beetlejuice, but like I usually do in threads of this nature I go for the obscure that strikes my fancy. This time being Elfman's Mars Attacks score. The thing I like about it is its strong use of theremin, which is one of my favorite instruments largely due to watching the film numerous times when I was younger, and the overall 50's science-fiction theme of the soundtrack which compliments the film very well.

Despite being a live musical first Les Miserable is my favorite, and I'm still counting this as the movie's soundtrack. I love the story and the music, and I really could care less what people say about Russel Crowe, I think he did great.

Last edited Sep 28, 2014 at 10:31PM EDT

The Godfather's soundtrack is very high in my books of favourite soundtracks (I don't really have a favourite though).
It made an already great movie even greater, due to how great the music would set the tone of the scenes.
Although, I also really like Chariots of Fire from.. well.. Chariots of Fire.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!