+ New Thread

KYM political.

Last posted Dec 27, 2011 at 05:53PM EST. Added Dec 27, 2011 at 02:27PM EST
15 posts from 8 users

Ric Te$l@ wrote:

Inb4
"He tuk his jerb!"

eeeee thhhh hsssss jeeeeeb

Mexicans are a major problem to most Americans, if I could do anything about it, I'd get rid of all the white americans, that would solved the world economy.

Last edited Dec 27, 2011 at 04:15PM EST

Sweatie Killer wrote:

eeeee thhhh hsssss jeeeeeb

Mexicans are a major problem to most Americans, if I could do anything about it, I'd get rid of all the white americans, that would solved the world economy.

Omomon wrote:

And this is why I think politics are dumb. It brings the worst out in people.

Heil they Further Stalin!

Not one person comment on my video, I am surprised, hes basically saying he wants to get rid of congress.

Last edited Dec 27, 2011 at 04:42PM EST

Sweatie Killer wrote:

Heil they Further Stalin!

Not one person comment on my video, I am surprised, hes basically saying he wants to get rid of congress.

He's saying he wants to get rid of congress. There. There is your comment.

Alex>_> wrote:

He's saying he wants to get rid of congress. There. There is your comment.

Yes, yes he does, and that is my comment.

Or at least reduce it the power congress holds to barely anything above nothing.

I say just cut Congress' salary in half, and leave the rest as is.

This is the sucky thing about government salaries: The average state governor makes about $124K (source), with Texas being below average, but still well into the six-figure range, so it's not like Perry's operating on a shoestring. As President, apparently he'd be making $400K. Just about everyone in the government is making great money, but there's a strange contradiction there in that if it paid virtually nothing, the only people who could afford to work a government job would be people who are already millionaires, but it seems like it's pretty much only millionaires who are holding office anyway. Check out the Republican nominees (source):

Mitt Romney: $190 million – $250 million
Michele Bachmann: $1.3 million – $2.8 million
Herman Cain: $2.9 million – $6.6 million
Ron Paul: $2.25 million – $5 million
Rick Perry: at least $1.1 million
Jon Huntsman: $16 million – $71 million
Newt Gingrich: at least $6.7 million
Rick Santorum: $880,000 – $1.9 million
Gary E. Johnson: $3 million – $10.5 million

Of course, Obama is worth millions, as was just about every President ever. While the U.S. government is idealistically supposed to be "of the people, by the people, for the people" it tends to end up being "of the millionaires, by the millionaires, for the millionaires" and there's no easy way to change that.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!