Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,712 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

KYM Mafia 9: Death Sentence

Last posted May 02, 2012 at 03:06PM EDT. Added Apr 18, 2012 at 06:25PM EDT
120 posts from 20 users

Alrighty, gents. Let's get this thing started up.

But first, a tutorial for those who wish to learn how to play:

Role 1: Class M
Class M is a collection of 3-5 people whose role is to kill everyone in the game, much like the Mafia of the previous games (The number of those marked Class M will be 1/5 of the total number of players). These people must decide who to kill while the game is in the “night” phase. They will do this by communicating with each other and then deciding who to kill. After this, a representative of the Class M group will PM the Warden their victim. Every “night” one person will be killed and they will be out of the game, unless saved by the Class D.

It is highly advised that a chatroom is set up for discussion among those marked Class M

Role 2: Class R
Class R will be assigned to one player who will work with the Class M group. The role of the Class R is to discover the identities of the other players (this is accomplished by PM'ing the Warden the name of the player he/she wishes to investigate) and relay them to the Class M group. The Class R is allied with the Class M group, thus meaning that if the Class M group wins, then so does the Class R. However if all members of the Class M group are killed off, then the Class R loses. The Classless don’t need to kill the Scout to win, as he is not technically one of the Class M. The Class R has no true say in who dies during the night phase aside from providing identities, as he/she is not allowed to kill.

Role 3: Class S
There is one (and only one) Class S in the game. He (or she) must identify those who are Class M and bring them to justice. During the “night” phase The Class S will PM the narrator the name of one of the other players. The narrator will PM The Class S back and tell him/her the role of that player. It is then up to the Class S to find a means of dispersing the information to the others.

Due to the nature of the actions of the Class S, it is recommended that they keep their identity as secret as possible since they will be a high-priority target

Role 4: Class D
There is also only one Class D. During the “night” phase, The Class D can PM the narrator the name of one player. If this player was selected by the Class M group for death, then The Class D will heroically save that player. If The Class D picks someone else, nothing happens. Despite their ability to protect others, the Class D is unable to save his or her self if attacked.

Roles 5 and 6: Classes I-A and I-B
Two players will serve as in investigations unit, one being Class I-A, the other being Class I-B . Classes I-A and I-B will work together and pool evidence. They will be given a very subtle hint every 2 turns, starting on the second night.

Role 7: Classless
Everyone else will be Classless. During the “day” phas,e they will discuss among themselves (including the special classes (M, R, S, D, I-A & I-B) who are encouraged to keep their identities secret) one person to kill who they believe is among the Class M group. When a consensus is reached the Warden will announce the death.

Role 8: The Warden
The Warden is a character who oversees and narrates the course of events throughout the game. He cannot be voted off the game, nor can he vote since he is not directly involved in the gameplay. The Warden, instead, provides storyline and assists the special classes through the means specified above. The current host of the KYM Mafia game plays as the Warden.

How the game progresses:
The game has 2 phases as you may have already read about: a Day and Night phase. The game shall start off in the Night Phase

The Night Phase: During the night, all the Classless are asleep or doing their own thing. The Class M Group will pick one person to kill, the Class S and the Class R will each pick one person to investigate, and The Class D will pick one person to save. After all this is done, the Classless shall awaken and it moves to the day phase. The Warden will write a short story describing what happened, telling all players who died or was saved, if they are so lucky.

The Day Phase: During the day, all players except the Warden discuss between themselves who they think is most likely to be among the Class M. When they have reached a consensus by vote, the Warden will provide a story describing the death of that person along with their role and the game moves back to the night phase.

The phases last until either all players have made their votes, or a deadline of 36 hours has passed. Votes beyond this time period are disregarded and the game will progress.

Last edited Apr 18, 2012 at 06:28PM EDT

Part 2:

Game Notes:

Death: When you die, your role is revealed to the rest of the players. Dead players can still post but cannot vote or perform their roles. Dead characters are not allowed to post anything related to the game once they have been killed, as they know too much.

Winning: The Classless win when all the Class M members are dead. The Class M members win if their current population exceeds that of the Other Classes (The Class R is not regarded in the Class M > Other ratio)

Voting: Votes case by Class M members and the Class R do not count towards the total vote count on the person being voted for. Keep this is mind when attempting to weed out these players.

Voting, P.2: In the past, there has been notorious amounts of people who join the game and then never return. As such, new procedures have been implemented as to ensure that the game can still run smoothly.

1) Players, when casting their votes, are to put the name of the person they are accusing in bold. Failure to do so will result in massive facepalms all around (textile command: * * (do not include the spaces between the word and the asterisks)

2) Players who do not participate over the course of two-three full cycles will be removed from the game, regardless of role. Roles may be reassigned unless public opinion states otherwise.

If you have any questions or requests, post them here before the game begins. The game shall start 24 hours after a minimum of 10-15 people has expressed interest in joining.

Last edited Apr 18, 2012 at 06:28PM EDT

Pretty sure this is what they mean:
M= Mafia
R= Recon, Rouge
S= Sheriff
D= Doctor
I-A, I-B= Investigator A and Investigator B
Classless= Villagers
Warden= Narrator
I guess it's a prison setting.

You got it, chief

Also, if anyone wants, I could repost the ending from the last KYM Mafia game and/or exclusive epilogue

@Fudge

Feel free to call them with what you feel is best. Just make sure that everyone else knows what you are talking about.

Last edited Apr 18, 2012 at 06:39PM EDT

@Falcon

Here it is. It's a bit long, so please be prepared to TL:DR if needed. (Also mildly NSFW due to French swear word)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night of the Seventh Cycle.

As the full moon cast its gaze upon the windy plains of dustbowl, three figures made their way across the vast expanse, being careful to stay hidden among the shadows of the cliff walls. To the untrained eye, it would appear that they were ordinary RED Engineers, but in reality, they were not. These three were Spies, employed by BLU to destroy the Engineer encampment and clear the path for the rest of the team. It was meant to be a simple mission: infiltrate, destroy, and leave no trace. Yet on the Second Day, things had started going horribly wrong.
Now, as they their way through, they kept vigilant for the sounds of stray sentries or otherwise. Due to the careful analyses presented by several members of the Engineer squad, their covers had been blown. This, combined with the fact that they no longer had any external support since their Scout, Nikolaki8 had recently come down with a rather wrenching headache, had left them with no choice but to take out everyone who still remained. Tonight was to be their last stand, through which they would either fail and be mercilessly executed, or succeed and be chronicled into BLU history for others to learn of.

Suddenly, as they approached the shed of Stage 1, Point B, Fudge-Gruck, the enthusiastuc, yet green, member of the spy troop picked up on the subtle beepings of a sentry as well as a repeated series of metallic clangs. Motioning the others, the three activated their cloaking devices and made their way towards the source of the noise. Upon the turning of a corner, the three encountered what was, at the time, a most pleasing sight: a single Engineer, back turned, working on upgrading his sentry. At the command of RandomMan, their ruthless, yet efficient leader, they moved towards the Engineer. Random was feeling especially generous tonight, so he stood by with Sapper at the ready as he allowed Fudge to make the kill so that he may finally receive an upgrade to his strange Y.E.R. Still being rather new to the craft, Fudge took the time to line up his strike as to ensure a maximal rate of lethality, and then plunged his blade downwards.

The attack was precise: a textbook example of advanced tactics which left Random wordless as he scrambled to find the correct phrases through which to congratulate his ally. However, the celebration was short-lived, as Fudge was thrown off his feet as electricity coursed through his body via the pathway made by his knife. Meanwhile, as the Spies attempted to make sense of their situation, sparks coursed forth from the mechanical visage and a computerized voice sprang to life:

…*bzt*…….*ksh*…“ERROR! CRITICAL FILES CORRUPTED! INITIATING EMERGENCY PROTOCOL ALPHA!……. NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE!…”

As the robotic Engineer continued on its vocal rampage ad infinitum, the Spies, too preoccupied with attempting to assist Fudge, failed to notice the sentry as it ceased with its routine sweeps, having been overridden by a nearby Wrangler, and aimed straight at them.

“Hold it right there!”

Upon hearing the harsh tone of the directed order, the Spies looked up to find none other than Verbose, active head of the Engineers after the death of Bob, with Wrangler drawn and eyes ablaze. This was the portrait of a man who sought vengeance for the fallen, of a man who would not rest until he had gotten what he had came for.

“Son!,” said Verbose. “I’m gonna blow that dumb look right off your stupid face!”

“Oh really,” retorted RandomMan. “You and what army?”

Suddenly, one laser sight sprang into focus, and then another, and so on until all of the sentries of the remaining Engineers were trained on the Spies and their general vicinities. Realizing the futility of their situation, the three removed their disguises as they awaited their fate.

“Any last words?”

“…Well played.”

And as numerous missiles surged forth towards their final destinations, Bruelock, the quiet tag-a-long of the group, finally coming to full terms with the dilemma at hand, broke the silence between them for the last time, uttering but two words:

“Ohhhh… merde.”

If epilogue is requested, it shall be provided, given a few minutes to find and edit

I will not be playing this go 'round. However, I will be watching just as closely as if I was.

I would like to see how you guys play without me screwing you up.

I normally dislike it when people post saying they aren't doing something, but since I generally play, I didn't want people to think that I just missed it and people end up waiting on me.

Also, on the bold, either:

• *I vote for X*
  • or
  • <b>I'm voting for X</b>

You can copy and paste that the textile or HTML from either, put in your own words and wording, and it should work just fine. I don't think it's important how you word it as long as it's clear that you're taking action in voting/not voting/changing your vote.

Last edited Apr 18, 2012 at 08:13PM EDT

I'm gonna do the same as Verbose and Bob and not play this game.

I'd like to see how every does without the three of us analyzing the information and coming up with plans.

Updated Player List:

Douglas
Fudge-Gruck
Pyro
Luis
Arex
CitationNeeded
madcat
Algernon
BSoD
sealclubba

Total Player Count: 10

I'm really hoping we can get some more people in here for this. Everything would be a bit imbalanced if only 3 people are Classless/Civilians/what have you

Last edited Apr 19, 2012 at 03:14PM EDT

Slappy The Fish wrote:

Dammit Random, I had part of a death scene already written out for you >:(

But it's alright, I guess. Let the other play too

You can give me the role of unimportant dummy.

Whenever the mafia fails or when you're bored, just kill me off as extra.

They'll only be notified if they actually receive a role.

Unless you're referring to what happened in the last game. In that case, anyone who requests and/or provides PMs explaining their role will receive a rabid chihuahua to the crotch.

No Exceptions.

Last edited Apr 20, 2012 at 05:58PM EDT

We have 14 people now:

Douglas
Fudge-Gruck
Pyro
Luis
Arex
CitationNeeded
madcat
Algernon
BSoD
sealclubba
Freddy
Wheatley
Muffinator
Bruelock

I was really hoping for one more so that there would be three mafia, but I suppose we could start the countdown early if necessary

Slappy The Fish wrote:

We have 14 people now:

Douglas
Fudge-Gruck
Pyro
Luis
Arex
CitationNeeded
madcat
Algernon
BSoD
sealclubba
Freddy
Wheatley
Muffinator
Bruelock

I was really hoping for one more so that there would be three mafia, but I suppose we could start the countdown early if necessary

The first mafia games only had 12 players commonly, we just used 3 mafia then.

But then again, we didn't have the Recon and Investigator roles back then.

Slappy The Fish wrote:

So uhh… should we just start the timer or wait for one more, though?

You can start the timer if you want, the thread has been up long enough.

I think 3 Mafia will be fair, or even 4 if we can get another player or two. Considering the Mafia's recent track record, I think they could use the extra help.

Okay guys, final list!

Douglas
Fudge-Gruck
Pyro
Luis
Arex
CitationNeeded
madcat
Algernon
BSoD
sealclubba
Freddy
Wheatley
Muffinator
Bruelock
Alejandro
Total Class M: 4 (+1 Class R)

Roles have been handed out! If you have not received a notification, then you are Classless! Remember, people… no sharing!

By the way, would it make more sense to give the Class R the identity of his target during the Current Night Phase or on the Day Phase?

Also: Night Phase, storyline will come soon

Last edited Apr 22, 2012 at 03:42PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!