Any ideas for Mario Kart Wii U? ~{Post your Opinions!}~

Last posted Jul 23, 2012 at 12:37PM EDT. Added Jul 03, 2012 at 11:03AM EDT
63 posts from 26 users

Honeslty,
>Bikes should come back
>Shy Guy, Wiggler, R.O.B., Funky Kong, and Dry Bowser should come back
>Wheelies and tricks come back
>Honey Queen = NO.
>Maybe have personal karts like MKDS, but for everyone. If the character is not in that weight class for the kart, it is not allowed. For example, R.O.B.'s ROB-LGS cannot be used by Wiggler.

And now for the Weight Class Chart. <{Availible in the manual!}>

<{WCC}>

Size S:
Shy Guy
Paragoomba (drive with his wings, also, new)
Toad
Koopa
Koopa Paratroopa (new-ish)
Bowser Jr.
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong (new)
Baby DK (new)
Baby Yoshi (new)
Baby Luigi
Baby Mario
Baby Peach
Baby Daisy
Boo (Yay! A regular Boo!)
Dry Bones
Size M

Mario
Luigi
(^ obviously in the game)
Yoshi
Funky Kong (You might think "no", but he's not that big.)
Metal Mario (he will be in L but he is mario's size duh.)
R.O.B. (Also in L)
Peach
Daisy
Shadow Mario

Size L

Donkey Kong
Tiny Kong
R.O.B. (Weight)
Bowser
Dry Bowser
Wiggler
Metal Mario (in the frame of M)

I need suggestions.
ONE MORE THING.

Alternate costumes. i.e. different Shy Guy colors, Dry Dark Bowser, Fire Mario.

Last edited Jul 03, 2012 at 11:13AM EDT

Katie C. wrote:

It's based on weight, so Metal Mario would go under L

I put him in both L and M because M is MM's frame, but he is steel so he would be in large so basically he is crossing two weight classes. thanks.

2 Rider = Two Items = Huge amount of Strategic Depth.
Combine that with the Trick, Drift, Fly, and Dive systems of Mario Kart 7, it would be the best Mario Kart ever!

YOU DARE TO MOCK THE GODDESS THAT IS THE HONEY QUEEN?!

But actually, I'd prefer it if they'd scrap Mario Kart and replaced it with Nintendo racing. It'd be better than Nintendo Land.

Last edited Jul 03, 2012 at 12:43PM EDT

Katie C. wrote:

Needs some new items, btw.

They don't often add new ones.

Right on. Submit some ideas for items, too.

Metal Box (new) >Turns the player metal
Fire Flower >Same as MK7
TC (Thunder Cloud )(New Concept) >When given to player, press use button to strike a random player.
Ice Flower (new) >When thrown at a player, it freezes the hit player.
Banana/Triple Bananas >same as all games
Green Shell/Tri Red Shell/Tri >Same as all games

Need more ideas.

Last edited Jul 03, 2012 at 12:50PM EDT

Add items that don't stop Karts entirely. In past game, even if you are traveling at 9999999Trillion Miles per hour, one Banana Peel causes you to come to a cruel grinding halt…

Last edited Jul 03, 2012 at 02:49PM EDT

RocketPropelledPanda   wrote:

If they take out the blue shell I'll buy it no matter what.

It's pretty popular, I mean, it's been here since MK64. Sorry.

POW BLOCK would make a return.
and so the FIB.

Ice flower would make the kart 55% slower
Fire Flower would be same a MK7, as you read.

Now we need Track Ideas!

Nitro Grand Prix

and

Retro Grand Prix
ideas. Need some help.

WE NEED IDEAS FOR ALTERNATE COSTUMES, TOO! 3 for each char.

Last edited Jul 03, 2012 at 04:22PM EDT

Negi Yagami wrote:

Rainbow Grand Prix. A collection of the Rainbow Roads from Mario Kart 64, Double Dash, DS, and 7.

YES. Everyone upvote this.

Don't forget GBA, SNES, Wii Rainbow Road

Last edited Jul 03, 2012 at 04:41PM EDT

I'm so happy I got a chance to post this.

@Fridge
Actually, a lot of Nintendo fans and reviewers thought that was the Black sheep of the mario kart series, and thought to be the weakest of the series (not everyone, but a fair few). Most critics say DS was the best in the series.

I have a better idea than Mario Kart Wii U.

F-ZERO WII U!

Yeah, go on, down vote me. I expect this post to be buried in under 5 seconds.

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

I have a better idea than Mario Kart Wii U.

F-ZERO WII U!

Yeah, go on, down vote me. I expect this post to be buried in under 5 seconds.

I love F-Zero, and I can assure you, that's what the Nintendo fans would prefer (seeing how F-Zero has yet to have a new game in the series), but Mario is the better way to get in money, seeing how Casual gamers is Nintendo's main market (at least where mario is concerned)

Double Dash is still the best. The combination of two drivers with each being able to hold an item alllowed a lot of dept. An idea like that needs to return.

Mario Kart 7 was ok, the DS was a bit meh at times. The retro cups are ok, but I wish they would mix them up more with more popular tracks. I know the creators want variety in a cup on both skill and versions, but I rather have the fun and popular tracks in it. I won't mind if they don't add the SNES tracks, I played the SNES version of the game and know that most of the tracks there simply don't create enough dept for the current Mario Kart games.

As for characters. Way too many babies there OP. I was never really a fan of the baby characters, they're just the regular cast used twice. But a large variety of characters can be nice, just be sure to mix it up enough. Dry Bowsers isn't unique, he's just regular Bowser with a different skin.

As for items, new items can be fun, but you quickly face the risk of making some either too powerful or too useless. And as soon as you reach first place, you're stuck with shells and banana peels anyway. The character related items like in Double Dash were nice, maybe they should try and work that out again. The babies there would never get the Chain Chomp as soon as they got a decent spot, it would simply be too overpowered. But Donkey and Diddy could still get their large banana peel when driving in first place. So this also allows more variety with the characters you chose based on the items they get when driving at certain spots.

@Ashbot

Nuh-uh man, Commander Shephard is way better!

Last edited Jul 03, 2012 at 06:00PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Double Dash is still the best. The combination of two drivers with each being able to hold an item alllowed a lot of dept. An idea like that needs to return.

Mario Kart 7 was ok, the DS was a bit meh at times. The retro cups are ok, but I wish they would mix them up more with more popular tracks. I know the creators want variety in a cup on both skill and versions, but I rather have the fun and popular tracks in it. I won't mind if they don't add the SNES tracks, I played the SNES version of the game and know that most of the tracks there simply don't create enough dept for the current Mario Kart games.

As for characters. Way too many babies there OP. I was never really a fan of the baby characters, they're just the regular cast used twice. But a large variety of characters can be nice, just be sure to mix it up enough. Dry Bowsers isn't unique, he's just regular Bowser with a different skin.

As for items, new items can be fun, but you quickly face the risk of making some either too powerful or too useless. And as soon as you reach first place, you're stuck with shells and banana peels anyway. The character related items like in Double Dash were nice, maybe they should try and work that out again. The babies there would never get the Chain Chomp as soon as they got a decent spot, it would simply be too overpowered. But Donkey and Diddy could still get their large banana peel when driving in first place. So this also allows more variety with the characters you chose based on the items they get when driving at certain spots.

@Ashbot

The last paragraph I completely agree with.

RandomMan wrote:

@Ashbot

1.Double Dash is always the best.
1a. Mario Kart 7 got boring pretty quick. Mario Kart DS: R.O.B. caught my eye. It has horrible graphics too. I wanted to port him to the 1080p quality. :< Retro cups are ok to me too, but it was fun. Knowing the tracks you loved you'll make it easier for yourself.

2. I never saw Baby Yoshi and Baby DK in games. I've always loved those two. They might be the same characters, but, new voice, new animations, new body. Just a shout out. + I never got to play as Dry Bowser. I never ever unlocked him.

Enjoy the reply.

Spores wrote:

1.Double Dash is always the best.
1a. Mario Kart 7 got boring pretty quick. Mario Kart DS: R.O.B. caught my eye. It has horrible graphics too. I wanted to port him to the 1080p quality. :< Retro cups are ok to me too, but it was fun. Knowing the tracks you loved you'll make it easier for yourself.

2. I never saw Baby Yoshi and Baby DK in games. I've always loved those two. They might be the same characters, but, new voice, new animations, new body. Just a shout out. + I never got to play as Dry Bowser. I never ever unlocked him.

Enjoy the reply.

What I meant with Dry Bowser and Bowser being the same was more on how Nintendo puts them in the Mario Kart games. They threat them as seperate characters, giving them different stats and different karts. But Dry Bowser isn't an unique character, he's just an alternate skin for Bowser, even in the other Mario games where Dry Bowser makes an appearance. So trust me, you aren't missing anything if you never unlocked him.

The alternate costumes idea you put in your first post, something like that can work better. Dry Bowser just being an alternate costume for Bowser, but not a seperate character. Apply this to other characters as well. Add skins and costumes that the player unlocks when reaching certain milestones with either that character or the game in general (both can work out). Fire Flower suit for Mario and Luigi, Dry Bones just being a skin for both Koopa and Paratroopa, new dresses for the Princess characters, Shy Guys having certain paint patterns on their masks, etc. People commonly have a certain character they like to drive with in the games, so to see yourself unlocking items for that character as you get better with him/her is a nice reward. I commonly like to drive with Toad, but always the standard Toad costume bored me and was actually the reason I switched to Toadette in Mario Kart 7.

Last edited Jul 03, 2012 at 06:48PM EDT

Here's an idea: Custom settings.

You already had this somewhat in the previous games. But knowing that Mario Kart is still just a casual racer, allowing people to fuck around with the settings could make it so much more fun.

• Remove the limitations on cars, allowing L-type character to drive S-type vehicles.
  • Status effects: Everyone constantly has a star active or is tiny from lightning. But also item related stuff like carrying an unlimited golden mushroom.
  • Remove or even triple the amount of item boxes on track, based on how item focussed you want to play.
  • Item customization: Decide which items can and can't be gained from item boxes.
  • Status effects for levels: Add a thick fog to the level or replace the road with ice.
  • Lock everyone onto a certain character/kart.
  • Etc.

Of course there have to be some limitation added. Like when you want to progress with the Grand Prix, the custom settings have to be turned off. But also allow players to replay an old Grand Prix with the custom settings turned on, instead of just with single tracks, of course lap times won't be saved then.

Last edited Jul 03, 2012 at 07:35PM EDT

How about a built in "Pro Tournament" custom settings preset, so that competitive players don't have to fiddle around as much?

Banana Gun; aim your banana peels at other players. If your really thinking about how practical that is for Nintendo you might as well make it a sling shot so it's not as harmful sounding. (it couldn't just be throwing it in any direction cause I feel it would be a more special item)

Tetsu wrote:

what if they took all the characters from brawl and made some mario kart game

that would be BOSS

You'll get no sympathy from Ike.

While Mario Kart is nice, we can all agree that Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing perfected the genre…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_%26_Sega_All-Stars_Racing#Playable_characters

Look at that fan-service. JUST LOOK AT IT.

EVEN GOD-DANG BAHNJO IS IN IT.

Sega knows how to treat its fans.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll just be waiting for

RandomMan wrote:

Here's an idea: Custom settings.

You already had this somewhat in the previous games. But knowing that Mario Kart is still just a casual racer, allowing people to fuck around with the settings could make it so much more fun.

• Remove the limitations on cars, allowing L-type character to drive S-type vehicles.
  • Status effects: Everyone constantly has a star active or is tiny from lightning. But also item related stuff like carrying an unlimited golden mushroom.
  • Remove or even triple the amount of item boxes on track, based on how item focussed you want to play.
  • Item customization: Decide which items can and can't be gained from item boxes.
  • Status effects for levels: Add a thick fog to the level or replace the road with ice.
  • Lock everyone onto a certain character/kart.
  • Etc.

Of course there have to be some limitation added. Like when you want to progress with the Grand Prix, the custom settings have to be turned off. But also allow players to replay an old Grand Prix with the custom settings turned on, instead of just with single tracks, of course lap times won't be saved then.

Awesome idea! Instead of having it only in grand prix and online mode, they should make a mode where you can customize settings and pick your tracks you want to do. I also now want to take off the weight restrictions, now.

So, why not Mario & Sonic Racing?
Here is how it could work.
First of all not more circuits but one long track for each cup, splittend in sections. So long that the game will have a save options between sections.
Second: Not only you have to get as many points as you can for each section, but you have to finish it before sunset or you are out of the cup definitively. So, while a cup will start with ALL the chars in the game (50 or more, including the ones still unplayable), not all of them will reach the finish.
During the night you can talk to the other challengers out of the cars, to try setting some alliance to get rid of opponents with a dangerous high score.

Hypercat-Z wrote:

So, why not Mario & Sonic Racing?
Here is how it could work.
First of all not more circuits but one long track for each cup, splittend in sections. So long that the game will have a save options between sections.
Second: Not only you have to get as many points as you can for each section, but you have to finish it before sunset or you are out of the cup definitively. So, while a cup will start with ALL the chars in the game (50 or more, including the ones still unplayable), not all of them will reach the finish.
During the night you can talk to the other challengers out of the cars, to try setting some alliance to get rid of opponents with a dangerous high score.

totally defeats the purpose of this thread. MARIO kart Wii U
^^^^^>Bitch please.

Bring back the coins, but make them much easier to obtain (no max of 10 per course for a start). Also, instead of getting random parts from coins, have a shop for parts, and parts unlocked by doing special tasks.

Lodger (1979) wrote:

Bring back the coins, but make them much easier to obtain (no max of 10 per course for a start). Also, instead of getting random parts from coins, have a shop for parts, and parts unlocked by doing special tasks.

Good idea

I agree with this thread with every ounce of my soul. MK7 sucks because nobody cares about 3-D. Double Dash is the best, though DS is best handheld. I'll offer one opinion for each section:

• Karts: I GOT THAT NEED FOR SPEED!! Know what's wrong with 7? The feel of speed is gone. I don't feel like I gotta' go fast in there versus how it feels racing in DS or DD.
  • Characters: No random enemies for players that don't have iconic status. And also, best part of DS; The power to play even w/o the game.
  • Items: This might sound like blasphemy for a Mario game, but the Star power should protect you for one-time from falling off course. Like, it should fly you back up, but then you automatically lose it. It just bugs me, I guess.
  • Stages: No adding things to the old stages (7.) and worse, removing things. (DS.)

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

Wasn't there an F-Zero Kart in Mario Kart Wii?

Yes, though I only know of it from reading about it online. I never bought MK Wii. It was a miniature Blue Falcon.

Falcon as a new playable? It would mean reclassifying the Blue Falcon kart as a medium weight, whatever that's called now.

But personally, I will not be a Nintendo fan again until they release a genuine F-Zero sequel on home consoles.

Wait, Mario Kart 7 is the 3ds version?

Fuck me, I thought that was the Wii version. Derp! All arguments I brought regarding "Mario Kart 7" are talking about the Wii version of the game. I never played Mario Kart 7.

Here's an idea for an item: A Barrier.

Pretty much the same idea as in the Sonic games. They protect you from 1 item and then disappear.

Last edited Jul 04, 2012 at 07:16PM EDT

Lodger (1979) wrote:

New Item: Brick

It would stay on the track, and act as a wall to any kart that ran into it (It wouldn't cause a spin out).

y'know, I love that idea more than ant pools! (The place where ants come to die.)

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!