Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,712 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Change everything!

Last posted Aug 16, 2012 at 09:32PM EDT. Added Aug 16, 2012 at 04:16AM EDT
52 posts from 20 users

Something about the fire nation attacking.

In my world there are no taxes, sentient intelligent androids, and the moon is made out of oil. Why? Because I do not like taxes, I do like robots, and I want there to be a compelling reason to encourage rich people to invest in space travel.

Last edited Aug 16, 2012 at 05:57AM EDT

Count Lionel wrote:

Something about the fire nation attacking.

In my world there are no taxes, sentient intelligent androids, and the moon is made out of oil. Why? Because I do not like taxes, I do like robots, and I want there to be a compelling reason to encourage rich people to invest in space travel.

If the moon was made out of oil, a lot of things on Earth would be different (most likely for the worst). Plus, it probably wouldn't even hold its spherical shape, unless there was some crazy relation between momentum and gravity holding it like that. And how would we even land there to extract the oil? And rich people are already investing in space travel. And I'm probably taking your post too seriously.

Piano wrote:

If the moon was made out of oil, a lot of things on Earth would be different (most likely for the worst). Plus, it probably wouldn't even hold its spherical shape, unless there was some crazy relation between momentum and gravity holding it like that. And how would we even land there to extract the oil? And rich people are already investing in space travel. And I'm probably taking your post too seriously.

By "made out of oil" I do not mean it literally; just to have a lot in a few pockets underground would be fine. Sort of like how the Arabia is. And also it does not have to be oil. Just something worth going there for. Like chocolate, or cheese.

By "interested in space travel" I mean more than a passing fancy. Less of "I want to holiday in a space station" and more of "we need to colonize Mars, exterminate the natives, and let the USM declare independence to promptly win two solar wars against the space Germans."

Last edited Aug 16, 2012 at 08:09AM EDT

I'd live in a world where I could eat oxygen and shit diamonds. I like this thread already; I think I'll be returning to it in the future with other ideas.

Last edited Aug 16, 2012 at 08:09AM EDT

Count Lionel wrote:

By "made out of oil" I do not mean it literally; just to have a lot in a few pockets underground would be fine. Sort of like how the Arabia is. And also it does not have to be oil. Just something worth going there for. Like chocolate, or cheese.

By "interested in space travel" I mean more than a passing fancy. Less of "I want to holiday in a space station" and more of "we need to colonize Mars, exterminate the natives, and let the USM declare independence to promptly win two solar wars against the space Germans."

It's not really a passing fancy, though. There could be more entrepreneurs and investors on the scene, but I think the attention devoted to it right now is enough for the moment, and interest will certainly grow with time. After all, SPACEPORT.

Last edited Aug 16, 2012 at 08:16AM EDT

RF, why are you trying to make logical arguments in regards to an imaginative fantasy?

Anyway, I'd keep the world mostly the same except the internet comes with a stupidity filter…And also give my local area a bigger job market…and turn alcohol into a medicinal compound that cures cancer and without the hangover effect…and Half Life 3 is already available and doesn't suck…and the RIAA didn't exist…and PETA didn't exist…and the WBC didn't exist…I also like Count Lionels idea of the Moon having natural underground chocolate reserves, lets make that happen too…what else…and also my dick is bigger…okay I should stop now.

Blue Screen (of Death) wrote:

RF, why are you trying to make logical arguments in regards to an imaginative fantasy?

Anyway, I'd keep the world mostly the same except the internet comes with a stupidity filter…And also give my local area a bigger job market…and turn alcohol into a medicinal compound that cures cancer and without the hangover effect…and Half Life 3 is already available and doesn't suck…and the RIAA didn't exist…and PETA didn't exist…and the WBC didn't exist…I also like Count Lionels idea of the Moon having natural underground chocolate reserves, lets make that happen too…what else…and also my dick is bigger…okay I should stop now.

BECAUSE EVEN FANTASIES REQUIRE AT LEAST A TIDBIT OF LOGIC

Imagine, if you will, the events of Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation happening in parallel with those of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. And before that, the events of Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War happened in parallel with those of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon (the original) and Battlefield: Bad Company. In the period between those two sets of events, the events of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 happened in parallel with those of Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and the events of Ace Combat: Assault Horizon directly led into those events.

Sounds bleak, right? A blending of the Modern Warfare timeline, the old Ace Combat "Strangereal" timeline, the new Ace Combat timeline started with Joint Assault, the Battlefield: Bad Company timeline and the Tom Clancy continuity. Then you factor in that the wars depicted in Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and one of the versions of Ghost Recon 2 were all the same war.

Sounds like hell, huh? Just think, it could be worse. At least we don't have to deal with rampaging demons, right?

Oh, right, we do have to deal with rampaging demons. Of a sort.

Last edited Aug 16, 2012 at 09:44AM EDT

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

Imagine, if you will, the events of Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation happening in parallel with those of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. And before that, the events of Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War happened in parallel with those of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon (the original) and Battlefield: Bad Company. In the period between those two sets of events, the events of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 happened in parallel with those of Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and the events of Ace Combat: Assault Horizon directly led into those events.

Sounds bleak, right? A blending of the Modern Warfare timeline, the old Ace Combat "Strangereal" timeline, the new Ace Combat timeline started with Joint Assault, the Battlefield: Bad Company timeline and the Tom Clancy continuity. Then you factor in that the wars depicted in Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and one of the versions of Ghost Recon 2 were all the same war.

Sounds like hell, huh? Just think, it could be worse. At least we don't have to deal with rampaging demons, right?

Oh, right, we do have to deal with rampaging demons. Of a sort.

So you're saying you want to live in a world of perpetual war? Doesn't sound too fun to me.

Last edited Aug 16, 2012 at 11:02AM EDT

Piano wrote:

So you're saying you want to live in a world of perpetual war? Doesn't sound too fun to me.

Yeah, sure, it seems like perpetual war, right?

Everything hits rock bottom around 2024 I imagine, and things start going better afterwards. It won't stay in a state of total war forever, at least.

Then again, war never changes, does it? Someone, somewhere, will start it all up again.

But I bet you things will get at least somewhat brighter after 2024.

Yeah, sure, it seems like perpetual war, right?

Everything hits rock bottom around 2024 I imagine, and things start going better afterwards. It won't stay in a state of total war forever, at least.

Then again, war never changes, does it? Someone, somewhere, will start it all up again.

But I bet you things will get at least somewhat brighter after 2024.

So, why not want to live somewhere that isn't a toned-down apocalypse? After all, it can be anything, and a somewhat-realistic envisioning of total war seems like a strange choice.

Piano wrote:

So, why not want to live somewhere that isn't a toned-down apocalypse? After all, it can be anything, and a somewhat-realistic envisioning of total war seems like a strange choice.

Because anything else wouldn't be quite as exciting, would it?

(Maybe that's just the Krogan side of me talking.)

Besides, I guarantee you there's somewhere still peaceful in all this.

Because anything else wouldn't be quite as exciting, would it?

(Maybe that's just the Krogan side of me talking.)

Besides, I guarantee you there's somewhere still peaceful in all this.

Anything else? In the entirety of man's fathomable imagination, and a few paces beyond? I think there are millions of universes that could be more exciting than that!

Twilitlord wrote:

Except the US wins ALL the wars.

Well, yes and no. More like "NATO wins all the wars". I don't want to live in a world where the Republicans get everything they could ever dream of.

@ Russian: Maybe I'm just not as "wacky" as you might hope.

Maybe we'll get nanosuits at some point in the early 2020s. That'd be nice, right?

Well, yes and no. More like "NATO wins all the wars". I don't want to live in a world where the Republicans get everything they could ever dream of.

@ Russian: Maybe I'm just not as "wacky" as you might hope.

Maybe we'll get nanosuits at some point in the early 2020s. That'd be nice, right?

Why not live in a universe that's custom tailored to what you want, and not in one where you can only hope for such things to happen?

Piano wrote:

Why not live in a universe that's custom tailored to what you want, and not in one where you can only hope for such things to happen?

Okay then, we do get nanosuits courtesy of Hargreave-Rasch Biomedical in the early 2020s, but they aren't deployed to the front until about 2025. Happy now?

One last thing: Humanity survives the Oil Wars, we will have the 2180s to look forward to. If we can get there.

Okay then, we do get nanosuits courtesy of Hargreave-Rasch Biomedical in the early 2020s, but they aren't deployed to the front until about 2025. Happy now?

One last thing: Humanity survives the Oil Wars, we will have the 2180s to look forward to. If we can get there.

Nair, you seem to be limiting yourself too much. Remember, this game specifically states that anything is possible at zombocom with the universes you create.

Piano wrote:

Nair, you seem to be limiting yourself too much. Remember, this game specifically states that anything is possible at zombocom with the universes you create.

Maybe I'm just not that creative and don't have that much of an imagination? You ever think of that? Besides, I LIKE my cold, gritty, realistic settings!

Alright, let's think carefully about this. Having one country win all the wars will wind up giving us a fucking dictatorship, having no taxes would cripple the government, forcing technology when we're not ready would cause chaos and corruption, and space travel is immensely dangerous if we don't know how space works.

Can I just live in our current universe so I don't wind up fucking killing everybody?

Maybe I'm just not that creative and don't have that much of an imagination? You ever think of that? Besides, I LIKE my cold, gritty, realistic settings!

I imagine if you just searched through the things you like, you could come up with a nice universe suited to your quirks. A garagefull of tanks, for example, or an explosion generator.

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

Alright, let's think carefully about this. Having one country win all the wars will wind up giving us a fucking dictatorship, having no taxes would cripple the government, forcing technology when we're not ready would cause chaos and corruption, and space travel is immensely dangerous if we don't know how space works.

Can I just live in our current universe so I don't wind up fucking killing everybody?

Maybe you didn't read the bit where I said that "NATO wins all the wars"?

Besides, taxes would still exist, HG-R wouldn't force the nanosuit on us and we'd definitely take our time getting ready to travel the stars.

I'm thinking it through.

EDIT: @ Russian: A garage full of tanks is good, but what good are tanks if there's nothing to use them on?

And an "explosion generator"? Nope. Too out there for me.

Last edited Aug 16, 2012 at 11:53AM EDT

Maybe you didn't read the bit where I said that "NATO wins all the wars"?

Besides, taxes would still exist, HG-R wouldn't force the nanosuit on us and we'd definitely take our time getting ready to travel the stars.

I'm thinking it through.

EDIT: @ Russian: A garage full of tanks is good, but what good are tanks if there's nothing to use them on?

And an "explosion generator"? Nope. Too out there for me.

EXPLOSION

GENERATOR

MAKIN' ALL KINDS A' BOOMS AND POWS AND WOOSHES

HOW CAN YOU OF ALL PEOPLE NOT WANT ONE

Last edited Aug 16, 2012 at 12:02PM EDT

Explosive Lasers AKA Solaire AKA Sexiest wrote:

@Tanker:

I wasn't talking to you specifically. That's why I didn't quote or '@' anybody. I was merely stating that the smallest change could drastically change other stuff.

Something like giving yourself infinite money would wreck the economy.

not if you keep the money secret

Piano wrote:

EXPLOSION

GENERATOR

MAKIN' ALL KINDS A' BOOMS AND POWS AND WOOSHES

HOW CAN YOU OF ALL PEOPLE NOT WANT ONE

Because I'm not the type for "wacky hijinks" or "insane contraptions".

I'm pragmatic, efficient, practical. If it doesn't have a decent practical application and some degree of versatility, I don't want it.

That's why I prefer assault rifles to sniper rifles and shotguns.

Piano wrote:

not if you keep the money secret

Eventually you'll insert a large amount into general circulation. I mean, nobody's going to go all Scrooge McDuck, make a swimming pool of money and never spend any of it, right? There's going to be a point where that amount of money put in circulation will devalue the [Insert currency here] to ridiculously low levels.

Twilitlord wrote:

Eventually you'll insert a large amount into general circulation. I mean, nobody's going to go all Scrooge McDuck, make a swimming pool of money and never spend any of it, right? There's going to be a point where that amount of money put in circulation will devalue the [Insert currency here] to ridiculously low levels.

You would have to spend a lot of money to change the global economy and hurt the value of the… money. Billions, even. I do not know about you, but I personally can not eat that much ramen. And there are only so many video games that I want. I cannot imagine a method of infinitely injecting this money into circulation. There are not enough things to buy.

Count Lionel wrote:

You would have to spend a lot of money to change the global economy and hurt the value of the… money. Billions, even. I do not know about you, but I personally can not eat that much ramen. And there are only so many video games that I want. I cannot imagine a method of infinitely injecting this money into circulation. There are not enough things to buy.

We ARE talking infinite money. I'd buy a mansion. Actually, make that several. OH, HELL, I'LL JUST BUY LICHTENSTEIN. Do that, even something more realistic like the "several mansions" and your currency of choice is going to lose some value. Then add every thing else you want, and you might make it into the billion range. I'll admit, I'm no finance major, but adding a billion dollars from nowhere seems like a bad idea.

Unless it's Zimbabwe dollars. That ain't gonna do much.

Last edited Aug 16, 2012 at 12:27PM EDT

Twilitlord wrote:

We ARE talking infinite money. I'd buy a mansion. Actually, make that several. OH, HELL, I'LL JUST BUY LICHTENSTEIN. Do that, even something more realistic like the "several mansions" and your currency of choice is going to lose some value. Then add every thing else you want, and you might make it into the billion range. I'll admit, I'm no finance major, but adding a billion dollars from nowhere seems like a bad idea.

Unless it's Zimbabwe dollars. That ain't gonna do much.

You are far more creative than I regarding the spending of money. This is why I do not have nice things. That and unemployment.

Cale wrote:

About the same, but everyone is a bit more kind to one another.

LOL, THE FUCK ARE YOU SMOKING HIPPIE, GET OUT OF FANTASY-LAND.

In all seriousness, I'd like to live in a world slightly nicer than this one in which I could spend all my sleeping moments in lucid dreams over which I had total control.

I want to live in a universe where you get to play god. Create it from scratch, design it and stuff. Design a dominant species, give them intelligence,and watch them corrupt what I gave them. And when you see that things are going bad, you could disguise yourself as one of them and try to bring order. If that fails, destroy them all and try again.

If I could edit a universe…

1. Politicians would be competent at their jobs.
2. I would have Borderlands 2 gun and health machines, because Borderlands 2 has best firearms.
3. Infinite money, which I wouldn't really abuse all that much. Just live life regularly. (Who would ever suspect the one person that doesn't look rich to be rich?)
4. The Armory from Halo: Reach/Halo 4, forever solving my protection needs.
5. A hypercomputer with infinite storage space.
6. NASA is much more well-funded, as are all space programs, so, ya know, humans have a future.

CLYDE (Joe's Nightmare) wrote:

Make a universe where WWII never happened.

It was bound to happen sometime in this topic.

Nice going, Einstein.

Sparty the Spaceship wrote:

If I could edit a universe…

1. Politicians would be competent at their jobs.
2. I would have Borderlands 2 gun and health machines, because Borderlands 2 has best firearms.
3. Infinite money, which I wouldn't really abuse all that much. Just live life regularly. (Who would ever suspect the one person that doesn't look rich to be rich?)
4. The Armory from Halo: Reach/Halo 4, forever solving my protection needs.
5. A hypercomputer with infinite storage space.
6. NASA is much more well-funded, as are all space programs, so, ya know, humans have a future.

Mind if I can join your world?

beware, i'm about to nerd everywhere. it will be messy.
-first, cold energy would be a thing. not the lack of heat, but its own type of energy.
-same applies with shadow-light
-earth is multiple times bigger, but is somewhat hollow (underground colonies)
-crystals underground give off energy when liquefied, used for fuel
-terradome colonies on Mars, the Moon, and the moons of Jupiter
-society is indiscriminate of race, sexuality, height, weight, etc.
-Avatar TLA type ability to control elements
-steampunk technology
-sentient anthropomorphic animals (inb4 yiff in hell furfag)
-personal translating devices
-kingdom style government
-sentient pony kingdom
-magic.
-sentient androids (steampunk automatons)
-DRAGONS. LOTS OF EM.
-Atlantis type Mer-people (with underwater kingdom [still steampunk :3])
-monsters to fight.
that seems to be about it….

Last edited Aug 16, 2012 at 03:07PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!