Forums / Fun! / Riff-Raff

309,696 total conversations in 9,501 threads

+ New Thread


This is my first post.

Last posted Feb 16, 2013 at 09:29PM EST. Added Feb 12, 2013 at 12:51PM EST
22 posts from 15 users

MDFification wrote:

First to lock thread.


In future, if you don’t really have anything to say, don’t say it.

“Even threads without a topic can get a topic.”

-Staff


So yeah, unfortunately we hit a wall and are forced to leave shit like this open.

Dr. Free Cake Needs More Cowbell! wrote:

You should screw the rules by enforcing rules.

Go complain to the staff or make a Site Related thread. All I know is that we can pretty much do nothing as long as its JFF. In here, mods are useless and rules pointless.

I want to enforce rules, I really do, but against the risk of having the staff breath in my neck “You shouldn’t have done that, it’s just JFF is not worth it. As with Verbose, I was also already told I shouldn’t have locked some things due it being JFF.

Last edited Feb 16, 2013 at 03:28PM EST

RandomMan wrote:

“Even threads without a topic can get a topic.”

-Staff


So yeah, unfortunately we hit a wall and are forced to leave shit like this open.

Yeah, but this is pushing that to the limit. This is more spam than anything that might get a topic.

Twenty-One wrote:

Yeah, but this is pushing that to the limit. This is more spam than anything that might get a topic.

I don’t even know anymore at this point, it all got too confusing. All I know is that I’m saver not moderating JFF for the time being, other mods have also already reached that conclusion.

Last edited Feb 16, 2013 at 03:34PM EST

RandomMan wrote:

“Even threads without a topic can get a topic.”

-Staff


So yeah, unfortunately we hit a wall and are forced to leave shit like this open.

First to complain that we’re violating our own precedent to satisfy the desire of makers of threads without clear value.

EDIT: We lock all other user-specific announcement threads. If you don’t want to be the guy who locked it, let me do it. We can’t just not moderate a section because of complaints. I never got a memo telling me to stop moderating JFF, and it’s on my own head if I moderate it.

Last edited Feb 16, 2013 at 04:29PM EST

MDFification wrote:

First to complain that we’re violating our own precedent to satisfy the desire of makers of threads without clear value.

EDIT: We lock all other user-specific announcement threads. If you don’t want to be the guy who locked it, let me do it. We can’t just not moderate a section because of complaints. I never got a memo telling me to stop moderating JFF, and it’s on my own head if I moderate it.

We lock all other user-specific announcement threads.

We did yeah. Currently I don’t even know. We’re probably not allowed to by the staff as those things most likely “have a topic”. So yeah, pre-happy birthday everyone, and good job on the 1000 karma.


We can’t just not moderate a section because of complaints.

Complaints are not the issue here, it’s higher authority asking us not to. As I said before, this is the staff. Several of us already got told we shouldn’t lock in JFF, you are probably the only Forum Mod left next to Jack who hasn’t.

Until action is taken, ruleless JFF will unfortunately stay, and I’m not really in a position to take it.

Last edited Feb 16, 2013 at 04:41PM EST

Sorry, staff, but this is the kind of shit that never would have stayed before last week. Now JFF is even less interesting and focused than it was before, because we let threads that have no value whatsoever slide. I appreciate that you’re trying to make it more pro-user, but I don’t agree with letting any attention-whoring shitpost stay unlocked because Alex made the least coherent thread ever.

Twilitlord wrote:

Sorry, staff, but this is the kind of shit that never would have stayed before last week. Now JFF is even less interesting and focused than it was before, because we let threads that have no value whatsoever slide. I appreciate that you’re trying to make it more pro-user, but I don’t agree with letting any attention-whoring shitpost stay unlocked because Alex made the least coherent thread ever.

exactly. I say we organize a rebellion i would never do that

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!