Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,712 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

The No-Major-Fandom-Members Thread

Last posted Mar 28, 2013 at 06:06PM EDT. Added Mar 23, 2013 at 08:01PM EDT
26 posts from 23 users

PLEASE READ BEFORE KARMA BOMBING
This will be absolutely nothing like that "Whites-only Thread" from back during JFF's… shall we say… experimental phase. Rather, it'll be somewhat of an informal experiment. From my understanding, most people who belong to what I'll call the "cultural internet" (4chan, Reddit, maybe Tumblr and etc.) would agree that at least a fair-sized portion if not a majority of it is dominated by three major fandoms. Those are:
1. Bronies
2. Furries
3. Homestuck fans (From what I understand, there really isn't any sort of agreed upon name.)
Your list may be different, but that's what we're going with here.
There doesn't seem to be a single solitary place you can go without running into them, and KYM is certainly no exception. In fact, some may even go as far as to say that pretty much every person on this website could have one of these labels attached to them. But here's the thing- you can't with me. However, I do seriously wonder sometimes if I'm alone in this regard.
To figure this out, I've created this thread, and there's only one rule- do not make a post in it of any kind whatsoever if you consider yourself one of any of those three. This is not intended to represent any sort of discrimination (because I have none), only to see if I should start watching MLP, reading Homestuck and/or drawing furry art. Because if this thread remains nothing but a ghost town, then I may truly be the only one, and as we all know

Oh yeah, the discussion topic is: "What do you think will become the next major Internet fandom?"

Last edited Mar 23, 2013 at 08:02PM EDT

BalisticDerr wrote:

I may consider myself part of Pokemon if that counts. Other than that, no really "big" fandoms.

Well, I don't consider that to be an "internet fandom" really. Of course a shit ton of people on the internet are fans of it (including myself… sort of). However, the reason it has such a large presence online in terms of memes isn't because people discovered it here, but because they were already fans when they joined the "social internet". There's the distinction.

Im neither a bronie, furrie or homestuck fan (I don't even know what homestuck is exactly)

Ive only visited 4Chan twice, Reddit once and Tumblr thrice, never posted.

And when it comes to Twitter I don't even understand whats being said or going on.

As I keep most things I enjoy to myself im pretty neutral and individual when it comes to internet fandoms

Last edited Mar 23, 2013 at 08:54PM EDT

I'm not really a "big fan" of much.

I consider myself a "neckbeard." I like anime, video games, etc, in general, as opposed to letting be one specific thing at a time.

I used to be really particular about fandoms, but they would always be things nobody else would talk about. For example: One time, I was a fan of Bubsy the Bobcat.

… Yes, that Bubsy. I'm serious.

Of course, I'm not now. (Bubsy 3D was too terrible, even for me.)

So the closest thing I relate to now is "obscure gaming." But I consider that too broad to call myself a part of a fandom.

I don't have many people I can relate to. I can relate a little bit with you guys, though. I really hope someday I find someone with a similar vision.

BalisticDerr wrote:

I may consider myself part of Pokemon if that counts. Other than that, no really "big" fandoms.

Same here.
Unless Aquabats counts as a major fandom.

Honestly, I'd have to retract my statement and say that Shrek is going to be the new biggest fandom.
either that, or a joke fandom.

I ain't a part of any of those fandoms. I've read some of Homestuck. No interest in the other two things (other than trollin' them, of course).

Also, you mentioned the "Whites-only Thread". A artwork, if I do say so myself. Many lulz were acquired from people's reactions to it.

Was a Brony once, but I've sort of moved past that now. I've never liked Homestuck, and I've never been a furrry. Although I am a member of the Swimming anime Ace Attorney fandom, but obviously that isn't a major fandom.
@ Why is there no more Gex games? There needs to be.

Last edited Mar 24, 2013 at 04:42AM EDT

Former Brony. I like anthropomorphs that are more animal than human, and don't want to be identified as a furry. Homestuck is okay, but I'm not too big a fan of it.

The only fandom I can see myself in is LPS

Never really understood all the hype about ponies, anthropomorphic animals or demons.
Unless Team Fortress or Pokémon count, I don't think there's a fandom I'm part of.

Probably the next big fandom would be Brogres or something along those lines.

I dont like homestuck, I defenitely am not a brony, and furries disturb me. i would list myself as an anime fan and a tobletop wargamer, i only watch anime shows and ive been playing warhammer 40k and many other tabletop games since i was 9 years old.

Last edited Mar 24, 2013 at 11:54AM EDT

As I said the first time I arrived to this website, I really don't care about the bronies, the furries and another pair of popular fandoms. Basically, I just won't give anyone a fuck since I tend to get bored extremelly easy, I never follow anything I like with a few exceptions (Queen, Team Fortress 2, etc, etc…)

0.9999...=1 wrote:

PLEASE READ BEFORE KARMA BOMBING
This will be absolutely nothing like that "Whites-only Thread" from back during JFF's… shall we say… experimental phase. Rather, it'll be somewhat of an informal experiment. From my understanding, most people who belong to what I'll call the "cultural internet" (4chan, Reddit, maybe Tumblr and etc.) would agree that at least a fair-sized portion if not a majority of it is dominated by three major fandoms. Those are:
1. Bronies
2. Furries
3. Homestuck fans (From what I understand, there really isn't any sort of agreed upon name.)
Your list may be different, but that's what we're going with here.
There doesn't seem to be a single solitary place you can go without running into them, and KYM is certainly no exception. In fact, some may even go as far as to say that pretty much every person on this website could have one of these labels attached to them. But here's the thing- you can't with me. However, I do seriously wonder sometimes if I'm alone in this regard.
To figure this out, I've created this thread, and there's only one rule- do not make a post in it of any kind whatsoever if you consider yourself one of any of those three. This is not intended to represent any sort of discrimination (because I have none), only to see if I should start watching MLP, reading Homestuck and/or drawing furry art. Because if this thread remains nothing but a ghost town, then I may truly be the only one, and as we all know

Oh yeah, the discussion topic is: "What do you think will become the next major Internet fandom?"

They are called Homies… oh wait.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!