Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,712 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Agoeb's Art Thread

Last posted Jun 25, 2014 at 06:43PM EDT. Added Jun 24, 2014 at 05:12PM EDT
19 posts from 9 users

Hello Know Your Meme.

I've noticed quite a few of these "Art Threads" popping up on the forums, and it's captured my interest. Now, I'm not one to toot my own horn, but I'd very much like to say I do quite a bit of drawing and art in my free time, and would also add I'm entirely masterful at it.

Unfortunately, I've hit a bit of a snag with my muse, and would like a few new things to draw. So, I come to you, Know Your Meme, to grace you with my presence, and offer my mighty pen to your thoughts.

I usually charge quite large sums of change for my talent, but the Know Your Meme community has been good to me the short time I've been active here on the forums, and I would like to give back to them. So request away.

I'm more than likely going to take several requests and post them all up in a lump sum once I've finished. If you have any references, I'd like to see them in your request post.

I do have one, perhaps odd, golden rule. If I should do your request, I would like you to upload it as your avatar, at least temporarily, to spread my masterful work, and the joy it brings to others. Perhaps they will even arrive here themselves, and both of you can be united in the glory.

Request away, please. Don't forget references.

And don't worry. OP will deliver.
Dear Know Your Meme

I have finished the requests given to me before I started work. If I may, I would like to write a short piece about each commission, and the thoughts going through my mind as I worked on each masterpiece. If I may ask, I wish for you to please read them before opening your picture's spoiler tags. In my experience, art is more than a picture, it is a feeling that much be shared by all those who view it. I will begin.

TripleA9000, your request of two original characters was going to be a large one. I almost had to turn it down, but luckily for you, both of them sprung to life in my mind, and instantly I knew how to represent them on the page. I shared a moment, with them, deep in my thoughts and visualized their entire lives. The Shark woman was a warrior. She was built bigger, and stronger, and far more frightening than most men. However, she did not wish to show these attributes in her daily life, and instead chose to represent her inner beauty as a woman. She had made fast friends with the Golden Angel, who seemed to be the exact opposite of her. The Angel was shorter, smaller, and far less likely to hold her own in a fight. They needed each other, and that's what made this friendship so strong. I chose to represent this friendship in my art.

RandomMan, I very much enjoyed working on your commission. I too am a fan of Pokemon, and having this request instantly knocked me back into the glory days of my youth. I remember an old episode of the first season, where Ash suffered an out of body experience and roamed lavender tower as a ghost. It had a playful, yet dark feeling to it, and that's what I hoped to capture in my art. Why is this particular door so frighting? Does Ash know what's behind it, or is he worried about what he doesn't know? What he might not understand?

Pollux, your commission was… disturbing. It brought me to a dark place, full of fear and the unknown. Where as RandomMan's had a kind of playful quality to it, yours knew what it wanted to accomplish, and that was solely terror. The faces on both these individuals are haunting, and I took time with each stoke of black to try and capture as much of that emotion as I could. I also tried to preserve their faces as best I could, as that was their most haunting aspect.

Stiches Patch, yours I was the most uncomfortable doing. I don't usually degrade myself to such… smut, but as this thread was about taking requests, I couldn't turn you down. With the shy guy, I wanted to illustrate the potential emotions going on behind the mask. Did he enjoy his sexual encounter? Perhaps he liked it too much, and was afraid of what that would lead to, and what others would think. With Toad however, I knew exactly what he would be feeling in that moment, and that was of strength and virility. He even goes as far as to hum a tune after.

Thank you for admiring my skill, and sharing these emotions with me. I'm afraid I will have to take a short break from new requests, but please, discuss the art I've already provided below. The mark of a true artist is that others may have different experiences when viewing their work. I'd like to hear yours. Also, please do remember my one, Golden Rule to requesting art from me, and share these images as your avatar if I fulfilled your request. It means a lot to me. Perhaps after this, I may even get a artistic title if my pieces inspire a staff member to grant one upon me.
Last edited Jun 24, 2014 at 08:04PM EDT

I’d very much like to say I do quite a bit of drawing and art in my free time, and would also add I’m entirely masterful at it.

OP started wild and hasn't disappointed.

Agoeb wrote:

Dear Know Your Meme

I have finished the requests given to me before I started work. If I may, I would like to write a short piece about each commission, and the thoughts going through my mind as I worked on each masterpiece. If I may ask, I wish for you to please read them before opening your picture's spoiler tags. In my experience, art is more than a picture, it is a feeling that much be shared by all those who view it. I will begin.

TripleA9000, your request of two original characters was going to be a large one. I almost had to turn it down, but luckily for you, both of them sprung to life in my mind, and instantly I knew how to represent them on the page. I shared a moment, with them, deep in my thoughts and visualized their entire lives. The Shark woman was a warrior. She was built bigger, and stronger, and far more frightening than most men. However, she did not wish to show these attributes in her daily life, and instead chose to represent her inner beauty as a woman. She had made fast friends with the Golden Angel, who seemed to be the exact opposite of her. The Angel was shorter, smaller, and far less likely to hold her own in a fight. They needed each other, and that's what made this friendship so strong. I chose to represent this friendship in my art.

RandomMan, I very much enjoyed working on your commission. I too am a fan of Pokemon, and having this request instantly knocked me back into the glory days of my youth. I remember an old episode of the first season, where Ash suffered an out of body experience and roamed lavender tower as a ghost. It had a playful, yet dark feeling to it, and that's what I hoped to capture in my art. Why is this particular door so frighting? Does Ash know what's behind it, or is he worried about what he doesn't know? What he might not understand?

Pollux, your commission was… disturbing. It brought me to a dark place, full of fear and the unknown. Where as RandomMan's had a kind of playful quality to it, yours knew what it wanted to accomplish, and that was solely terror. The faces on both these individuals are haunting, and I took time with each stoke of black to try and capture as much of that emotion as I could. I also tried to preserve their faces as best I could, as that was their most haunting aspect.

Stiches Patch, yours I was the most uncomfortable doing. I don't usually degrade myself to such… smut, but as this thread was about taking requests, I couldn't turn you down. With the shy guy, I wanted to illustrate the potential emotions going on behind the mask. Did he enjoy his sexual encounter? Perhaps he liked it too much, and was afraid of what that would lead to, and what others would think. With Toad however, I knew exactly what he would be feeling in that moment, and that was of strength and virility. He even goes as far as to hum a tune after.

Thank you for admiring my skill, and sharing these emotions with me. I'm afraid I will have to take a short break from new requests, but please, discuss the art I've already provided below. The mark of a true artist is that others may have different experiences when viewing their work. I'd like to hear yours. Also, please do remember my one, Golden Rule to requesting art from me, and share these images as your avatar if I fulfilled your request. It means a lot to me. Perhaps after this, I may even get a artistic title if my pieces inspire a staff member to grant one upon me.

lulz

I'm getting a lot of positive comments so far. I think I might share my skill again with new commissions tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen anyone follow The Golden Rule quite yet… This saddens me.

Agoeb wrote:

I'm getting a lot of positive comments so far. I think I might share my skill again with new commissions tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen anyone follow The Golden Rule quite yet… This saddens me.

I'll do it as soon as you do mine.

Agoeb wrote:

alright, fine

Dearest Know Your Meme

I have completed the requests given to me after my post yesterday. Again, if I may, I would like to write a short piece about each commission, and the thoughts going through my mind as I worked on each masterpiece. If I may ask, I wish for you to please read them before opening your picture’s spoiler tags. In my experience, art is more than a picture, it is a feeling that much be shared by all those who view it. I will begin.

XTR09 the Espurr, I had fun with your commission. The piercing gaze of the Espurr is it's defining characteristic, and actually the first thing I started when drawing this piece. I wanted to make sure I captured that immediately, and once that was done, I worked around it, filling in the details of the scene. You requested Lyra to also be in the picture, and as per request, I did add her sharing a moment with the wild Pokemon. However, the focus was to be on the psychic type, as as such, the art revolves mostly around him. I've even added a second version to this request of just the Pokemon, to make it easier to add as a avatar.

Sam, That Loser You Can't Hate. I've actually never drawn KYM-Tan before, despite being a member of this community. As such, this was a very enjoyable piece to do, as it definitely made me feel as though I was a more welcome member of this exclusive, prestigious internet group. I tried my best to explore her beauty, like the beauty of the members on this site. She is an amalgamation of the best of us. Then I began work on Longcat. I immediately knew what I had to do, and that was make Longcat the single longest thing I have ever created. I set my pen upon the page and drew, straight down, as long as I could. My arms grew tired. Sweat dripped from my brow. Eventually I began to shake, and my vision blurred. I stopped, and satisfied with the result, did it again on the other side. Long cat is long.

Slime 'Cap… I'm not happy to have to end this post with you. Your request was… tainted. It was dark, and I am not proud of what I had to become to finish it. Garfield was never meant to be drawn this way, and as such, I refuse to believe this is him in the drawing. The eyes… the eyes haunt me wherever I go. I have reason to believe this piece is cursed. May god have mercy on your soul.
Last edited Jun 25, 2014 at 06:14PM EDT

Agoeb wrote:

Dearest Know Your Meme

I have completed the requests given to me after my post yesterday. Again, if I may, I would like to write a short piece about each commission, and the thoughts going through my mind as I worked on each masterpiece. If I may ask, I wish for you to please read them before opening your picture’s spoiler tags. In my experience, art is more than a picture, it is a feeling that much be shared by all those who view it. I will begin.

XTR09 the Espurr, I had fun with your commission. The piercing gaze of the Espurr is it's defining characteristic, and actually the first thing I started when drawing this piece. I wanted to make sure I captured that immediately, and once that was done, I worked around it, filling in the details of the scene. You requested Lyra to also be in the picture, and as per request, I did add her sharing a moment with the wild Pokemon. However, the focus was to be on the psychic type, as as such, the art revolves mostly around him. I've even added a second version to this request of just the Pokemon, to make it easier to add as a avatar.

Sam, That Loser You Can't Hate. I've actually never drawn KYM-Tan before, despite being a member of this community. As such, this was a very enjoyable piece to do, as it definitely made me feel as though I was a more welcome member of this exclusive, prestigious internet group. I tried my best to explore her beauty, like the beauty of the members on this site. She is an amalgamation of the best of us. Then I began work on Longcat. I immediately knew what I had to do, and that was make Longcat the single longest thing I have ever created. I set my pen upon the page and drew, straight down, as long as I could. My arms grew tired. Sweat dripped from my brow. Eventually I began to shake, and my vision blurred. I stopped, and satisfied with the result, did it again on the other side. Long cat is long.

Slime 'Cap… I'm not happy to have to end this post with you. Your request was… tainted. It was dark, and I am not proud of what I had to become to finish it. Garfield was never meant to be drawn this way, and as such, I refuse to believe this is him in the drawing. The eyes… the eyes haunt me wherever I go. I have reason to believe this piece is cursed. May god have mercy on your soul.

I shall send this to excorize it.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!