320,732 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

my essay...is not about chickoritas.

Last posted Sep 19, 2010 at 02:21PM EDT. Added Sep 18, 2010 at 02:29PM EDT
17 posts from 9 users

lulz idk why post
but can i get a critique if you want
The Victims

Cyber bullying is worse than physical bullying. Through research, and inside knowledge of modern Internet culture, we will take a journey through the mind of a serious cyber bully. As well explains some terms of modern Internet culture.
Since the Internet boom around 2000, people have been using email. The number of people having access to the Internet, and having an email makes each, and everyone of them a possible target of cyber bullying. ā€œThe statistics are shocking. In the year 2000 a University of New Hampshire study found that one out of every 17, or 6 percent of kids in the United States, had been threatened or harassed online. But in March of 2006, statistics showed that 75 to 80 percent of 12 to 14 year olds had been cyber bullied.ā€(Meech) These statistics show there is a rise in cyber bullying. The fact sites like Myspace and Facebook donā€™t help, and in addition to that the people who spend almost everyday on them updating personal information are in greater risk in becoming targets for cyber bullies. The cyber bully would get close to you, and become friends. Now they have access to your photos on your profile.
Now the cyber bully has all the important things he or she needs. Established contact with target, an alternative account with separate email, and the access to your photos. With the established contact, they can slowly gain the targets trust. In this case this would be called a ā€œfalse friendā€ a term I call it. Now with the alternate Facebook, or Myspace account, the bully would start slowly talking about the target. Until the victim starts panicking, on average the victims does the first mistake, they tell the bully to stop, unless this isnā€™t a serious bully it would stop here, but with the serious cyber bullies, this only fuels their fire. This tells them that there target is becoming distressed, and uncomfortable. Keep doing this everyday mistake number two can happen, the victim can get emotionally disturbed, and unstable. Even in the physical sanctity of there own homes. ā€œPerhaps the greatest long-term effect is the loss of the home as a safe-zone.ā€(Meech) Mistake number two happens; they donā€™t try to just ignore the bully. An alternative to this is the victim deletes the account and waits a long time. If the cyber bully has a lot of foresight he, or she would have saved every picture the target had. While the victim is thinking he, or she is in a false sense of security, the cyber bully would doctor the photo until it was exploitable. Now mistake number three would now shatter the victimā€™s hopes of being freed from the torment. Becoming friends with almost or all of her previous friends; this cycle would go on until the victim either reports the abuse, or goes insane. And in serious cases the victim would commit suicide. Now this is where the Internet ā€œtrollsā€ most likely from a site called 4chan come in.

4chan is virtually an incubator for popular Internet culture. To a person not familiar with 4chan; the site would be an outlandish place for crazies. Many terms associated with modern Internet culture arise from this place, such as ā€œtrollingā€, and, or ā€œtrollā€. Which means an anonymous Internet user would like to stir up controversy. Recently ā€œtrollsā€ have been harassing victims of suicide. There was a recent story on Today show with Matt Lauer ā€œYou wonder how mean people can be? Hereā€™s your answer. These trolling Internet stalkers stop at nothing to cause pain. When a 17-year-old girl died recently, internet trolls got busy harassing the people she loved.ā€(TODAY Show). The trolls them selves claim they are bored and have nothing to do, and want some attention. Then again in another case 4chan has a crude sense of humor, and nurtured the term ā€œan heroā€. ā€œAn heroā€ for modern Internet culture means suicide. Its origins came from a seventh grade boy who shot himself, and committed suicide. A website about Internet memes KnowYourMeme which is an Internet database about the Internet. ā€œMitchell Henderson was a seventh grader from Rochester, Minnesota. In 2006, for reasons not entirely known, Mitchell shot himself in the head with a .22-caliber rifle from his parentsā€™ bedroom.
Following Mitchellā€™s suicide, his friends and classmates created a Myspace memorial to him. As is the case with a typical seventh-graderā€™s Myspace, the comments contained grammatical errors; which unfortunately, trolls tend to exploit.
One comment stood out in particular:
ā€˜He was such an hero, to take it all away. We miss him so, That you should know, And we honor him this day. He was an hero, to take that shot, to leave us all behind. God do we wish we could take it back, And now heā€™s on our minds. Mitchell was an hero, to leave us feeling like this, Our minds are rubber, our joints donā€™t work, Our tears fall into abyss. He was an hero, to take that shot, In life it wasnā€™t his task, He shouldnā€™t have had to go that way, before an decadeā€™d past. Now he sits there in my heart, this hero of mine, Always there to make me smile, Make me feel just fine. He had courage,that boy did, courage in his heart. To take that shot, To end his pain, To tear us all apart. But in the end, he died in courage. Lacking, nevermore, He died a hero, Mitchell did, And weā€™ll love him forevermore. We love you like an brother. We miss you so much. We will always love you, kid. Rest In Peace Mitch. ~Lilaā€™ā€(KnowYourMeme). The misspelling, and the idea it posed that killing yourself made it heroic. Now this puts pressure on people who know about this want to go ā€œan heroā€. Lets see whatā€™s on the other side of the opinion. Some say that cyber bullying is not worse than physical bullying. Through what has been researched, I cannot see why, Lenhart puts percentages into her document that seem not to help her beliefs through their full extent. ā€œGirls are more likely than boys to say that they have ever experienced cyber bullying--38% of online girls report being bullied, compared with 26% of online boys. Older girls in particular are more likely to report being bullied than any other age and gender group, with 41% of online girls ages 15 to 17 reporting these experiences. Teens who use social network sites like MySpace and Facebook and teens who use the Internet daily are also more likely to say that they have been cyber bullied. Nearly 4 in 10 social network users (39%) have been cyber bullied in someway, compared with 22% of online teens who do not use social networks.ā€(Lenhart). This first paragraph I believes contradicts the rest of Lenharts document. In the end, it depends on the personā€™s views and perspectives. If we can only reach out and show them first hand how horrible cyber bullying is they may change their mind. Until a life-changing event that involved physical bullying; I may possibly never change my mind. The same goes to others. Only on views and perspectives that I view cyber bullying worse than physical bullying.

"would go on until the victim either reports the abuse, or goes insane. And in serious cases the victim would commit suicide"

Lol those kids and face book.

Just went out in a sleazy looking skirt, a tiny top, and did all my make up, and guess what I got raped, man who would have known?

thats typical
Just today, I went out and saw a filthy man watching a slutty girl walking by a back alley, so he tried to have sex with her but she wouldn't stop moving! So he hit her with a pipe and fucked her.

just jumping the

kthxbye

I just happened to find this while doing a google search for slut.

http://www.okcupid.com/slut

Take the quiz! Just because it's relevant and somewhat random!

I scored 16%

53% Slut

Your above score was normalized against the average, so donā€™t even TRY to disagree with us. Science is certain, and so are we: you are absolutely 53% slutty.
how does this work im a virginā€¦

Last edited Sep 19, 2010 at 02:10PM EDT

i wonder what grade i made on this essayā€¦ let me checkā€¦
my english has not been updated but look at all my grades.
English3:85
Algebra2:91
Chemistry:86
US History Advenced Placement(AP):44
Health:96
French3:83
Digital And Interactive Media(DIM)90

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!