Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,709 total conversations in 1,733 threads

+ New Thread

Real Genius

Last posted Jul 21, 2011 at 08:15PM EDT. Added Jul 21, 2011 at 12:11AM EDT
21 posts from 10 users

Wasn't he making a bunch of crap threads a while back? Anyway it might be related to this thread: https://knowyourmeme.com/forums/general/topics/10553-

A message from Katie in the IRC

"Hi James.

I'm writing to you on your inappropriate conduct this past hour. I noticed you banned my account for hacking, citing that I was "messing with the display of the forums". This is the 2nd time I've been banned for "hacking", even though I wasn't. (While not explicit like last time, it is heavily implied, and the "offenses" are too similar. First time I was banned for this reason was when I submitted a joke entry called "Submissions", in response to one called Deadpool.) Earlier this day, I created a thread titled (alt-255) with a post that said (alt-255) Alt-255 is a blank space, and is a staple of the activity known as "triforcing". By your judgement, any user who triforces on this site is a hacker, since triforces contain the same character that as you put it was "messing with the display of the forums" Also, as labeling me as a "hacker" for "messing with the display of the forums" is a blatant lie. You're certainly not dumb enough to actually think that making a post of alt-255 is hacking or "messing with the display of the forums" Not only is this misconduct as an admin, it's libel, which is a criminal offense, as it is a lie, printed, and damaging to me. If you refuse to rectify this situation, I'm willing to contact Ben Huh. (And you know I will, you bet I will) Also, to any other admins who see this, this ban is similar to Chrismen's ban of Taryn, as both are unwarranted. (This one more so) I expect fair and equal justice in this situation as compared to that situation, specifically the removal of his administration privileges. I thank the KnowYourMeme adminship for any time spent on this situation."

All opinions of the above to not reflect my personal opinion in any way, shape or form.

Last edited Jul 21, 2011 at 12:35AM EDT

I already edited the thread he created. He was posting hundreds of those characters in the thread title and stretching the forums which resulted in content going underneath the ads and moving the sidebar way off to the side.

Click here for a sceenshot.

I didn't see that problem on mine, so it wouldn't have happened to every user.

Katie:

"I didn't see it, so I had no idea there was a problem. If there's a problem, he can just delete it. It's not like I knew that it would create that issue"

Last edited Jul 21, 2011 at 12:41AM EDT

Kalmo wrote:

I didn't see that problem on mine, so it wouldn't have happened to every user.

Katie:

"I didn't see it, so I had no idea there was a problem. If there's a problem, he can just delete it. It's not like I knew that it would create that issue"

That's because I shortened the title when I saw it.

A message from Katie

"I'm calling bullshit on that, Kalmo posted instantly, and I saw the forums as soon as I posted it, and it was fine. Don didn't have a problem with me, although he locked it. Brad didn't have a problem with me, either. They handled it well. You didn't, and you didn't even come in until hours later."

@Kalmo,

RG & I talked about this directly and he's been put on a temporary ban for misbehaving on KYM forum after repeated warnings. Perhaps it wasn't his intention to mess with page layout, but we've talked previously about similar nuisances like this. In anyway, he'll be back on soon.

We should put a character limit for titles now from on.

EDIT: CRIMINAL TRIFORCE BANNING OH NOES!

Oh btw, its a "he" not a "she", thats just a prank he pulls as a trap or some repetitive joke.

Last edited Jul 21, 2011 at 10:36AM EDT

Brad wrote:

@Kalmo,

RG & I talked about this directly and he's been put on a temporary ban for misbehaving on KYM forum after repeated warnings. Perhaps it wasn't his intention to mess with page layout, but we've talked previously about similar nuisances like this. In anyway, he'll be back on soon.

Thanks for clearing that up Brad. I was just curious. And even though I myself would be angry, even from a temporary banning, I think the way RG reacted to this was a bit melodramatic.

Sweatie Killer wrote:

We should put a character limit for titles now from on.

EDIT: CRIMINAL TRIFORCE BANNING OH NOES!

Oh btw, its a "he" not a "she", thats just a prank he pulls as a trap or some repetitive joke.

I'm not too concerned with character limit because titles will be spread across multiple lines as long as there are spaces. It's only a problem when someone posts a long string of characters without any spaces.

I do admit that ever since Cheezeburger took over Katie started acting up a lot at small things (Every update and every major troll would cause Katie to go on a rampage it seems), so I guess a slap on the hand was necessary. :/

However, while we are on the subject of Katie; Was there a reason behind Katie's loss of the "Over 9000!!!1" title? Or was it just removed by accident when the site updated?

Last edited Jul 21, 2011 at 08:16PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!