Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,697 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

Know Your Meme isn't "Know Your Meme" Anymore...

Last posted Jan 23, 2012 at 12:57AM EST. Added Jan 04, 2012 at 04:19PM EST
9 posts from 9 users

No, within the last year, and especially under the new management, we have been focusing on covering all sorts of internet events, not just memes.

Take this question I asked our admin Don in his recent AMA and his response.

Recently under the websites current administration, there has been a lot more of a push to document all emerging internet culture and events, as opposed to just memes themselves. Has this been an intentional goal or do you think it has happened more organically?

Don:
Launching entry categories was one of my top goals when I first joined KYM. In order for KYM to be a comprehensive database about Internet culture and meme culture, we needed to be able to cover events, subcultures, sites and people. I am so glad we were able to launch the categories this year and I think they have been a huge success.
Last edited Jan 04, 2012 at 04:26PM EST

ConstantiNe wrote:

It's become more of an autobiography of the Internet…isn't it?

au·to·bi·og·ra·phy (n)
1. The story of one's own life

So…the Internet made a site about itself, called KnowYourMeme, which sole purpose was to document often humorous and popular sites, events, people, memes, and subcultures and to whroe all the kramas that ever existed for all eternity?

Why does a newfag with like no experience on this site expect to be taken seriously when saying that KnowYourMeme has failed its purpose?

Dude, I've been here since basically the beginning, and I'd say the only thing that has really changed was that the site got some upgrades, and we started covering more.

Did we add stuff that sucks? Yes, but we've fucked our site up a lot less than most. We're definitely not FB or YouTube.

We were KYM before, we're KYM now, we just got better at what we do.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!