Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,697 total conversations in 1,731 threads

+ New Thread

What exactly decides "you might also like"? Also tagging problem

Last posted Aug 11, 2013 at 05:26PM EDT. Added Aug 09, 2013 at 09:03PM EDT
5 posts from 5 users

So the KYM database's glorious image gallery.. But i don't really understand what exactly decides suggestions..
You'll say "course cause of tagging" maybe. Well your answer is true, because if you don't tag anything to your picture, you won't get any suggestion. Oh wait. It only valid in profile uploads. It may also depends on upvote or popularity.

But here is a KYM in a nutshell. Popular tags like "gif" always show popular ones from gifs like that "Potter shooting Voldemort". It always suggests the same things over and over.

Lets take a look at the images which don't have any kind of tag. Here, here also here.
As you see. Every low rated "reaction faces" images have same suggestions.

Asking again:
What the hell decides the suggestions? Will tagging show us something different from ponies, the things that already have been shown a millions of times or unrelated stuff?

Last edited Aug 09, 2013 at 09:11PM EDT

Yeah, sometimes suggestions are weird.

Once I was viewing that Sonic '06 image in the Ruined Childhood gallery…. and at least HALF the images were to do with FIND THE COMPUTER ROOM!

The reason it makes no sense? Vector does not appear in Sonic '06. I don't think that Sonic '06 image is tagged, either.

I think that if an image is not tagged, it will load in top images from the "tabs" on the image galleries, such as ones with lots of comments, likes, thumbs, views, etc. I could be wrong though.

Ponies come up on almost every image in that section, and to be honest it's obviously inaccurate. I've heard other people who aren't bronies who've complained, so surely it's not just me and is a fairly common occurrence.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!