Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,709 total conversations in 1,733 threads

+ New Thread

Why was the Deadpool entry Deadpooled?

Last posted Dec 11, 2013 at 12:13AM EST. Added Dec 10, 2013 at 07:19PM EST
5 posts from 5 users

I'm curious as to why. Was the article incomplete or did it need more spread to be legit? Another reason could be just a bunch of admin deadpooling it because they thought it was funny? I'm currently working on it, so I need to know what I can work on to improve it.

Well, it may just need more spread. I didn't think Deadpool was even used regularly or well-known as a meme outside of Know Your Meme.

If that is the case, then it would probably still be deadpooled even if it was perfectly written.

Now if it had just been deadpooled, then I couldn't answer that. My guess is that the Entry Moderators or staff just got around to giving it a judgement.

I'm probably holding the unpopular opinion ball here, but it seems kind of extraneous to have the Deadpool page Deadpooled for the sake of a cheap meta-joke. That would be like Confirming the "Half-Life 3 Confirmed" page simply because the word "Confirm" is in it. At the least, it should show up as a "Confirmed" page in terms of search results (since it is well-written) and possibly leave a fake "This page has been Deadpooled, KEKE!" message up top.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!