Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,709 total conversations in 1,733 threads

+ New Thread

errrr...

Last posted Dec 07, 2009 at 01:55AM EST. Added Dec 05, 2009 at 09:42AM EST
20 posts from 10 users

Apparently there's a new group on 4chan called Legion. They claim that Anonymous has "perverted the internet" by allowing certain pictures to be uploaded to /b/. They seek to eliminate Newfags and perverts from /b/ and eventually the entire internet. They always end their replies with "We are Legion, for we are many". I find it petty interesting. I'm currently doing some research on Legion myself.

From what I gather, yes. Legion hasn't gotten much support from /b/ yet, but I think that /b/ just doesn't understand what Legion is. Legion doesn't want to take over /b/, it wants to peacefully coexist with Anonymous.

Pic related. I think that the name Legion originated from this picture.

Firstly: a Scientology ad? KILL IT WITH FIRE.

Secondly: "Legion" isn't a new group of Anonymous. The "we are Legion" reference started getting used a lot during Project Chanology.

There are a whole lot of subcategories of Anonymous, but legion is not one of them. The term "legion" is used to refer to Anonymous as a whole. It's usually only used by the Anonymous Borg, though. And as Chris said, it started during Chanology.
Lastly, guys, 4chan isn't Anonymous. I've said it before, I'll say it again. 4chan was the homeland-it's where Anonymous started. But that does not mean that Anonymous is tied to 4chan. In fact, those ties were broken on /b/day.

On August 23, 2006, M00t decided to start enforcing rules on /b/ as a result of increased amounts of CP being posted and the large-scale online raids going on (Habbo raids). This, of course, caused the entirety of /b/ to revolt in utter disgust and outrage. /b/tards turned on m00t, and each other. 4chan was DDoSed, most /b/tards were lost, never to return, 4chan started to suck, really, really bad, and a statement made by a wise Anon was finally proven, "only /b/ can destroy /b/".
Then, the Declaration of /b/ Independence was created:

When in the course of /b/tard events, it becomes necessary for Anonymous to break free from the shackles of oppression set forth by the Furfag mods of 4chan.org.

They have plundered our posts, and deprived us of our jailbait.

They have forced upon us their twisted ideology of "Furry Fandom."

They have deprived us of our ability to fight our enemies, forcing us to submit to the wishes of the Furfag overlords.

In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated bans from our homeland. A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free anonymous.

We, therefore, the Representatives of the Anonymous States of /b/, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good Anonymous of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That /b/ is, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States, that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the 4chan Crown, and that all political connection between /b/ and the State of 4chan, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. -- And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

We are Anonymous. We are /b/. Our home is no longer on 4chan. In these times of unrest, we have formed the State of 7chan.org as our new sovereign nation on the World Wide Internet.

Signed, Anonymous

Since 4chan was completely down, /b/tards were literally on their own. Some took refuge in 2chan's Russian /b/, from which they were promptly banned, most, though, took refuge in an obscure imageboard known as "7chan".

That's a basic outline of /b/day. For a longer description, see ED's entry on /b/day.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!