Forums / Media / Video Games

38,606 total conversations in 2,698 threads

+ New Thread

Guitar Hero is Back!!!

Last posted Apr 15, 2015 at 10:29AM EDT. Added Apr 14, 2015 at 11:04AM EDT
10 posts from 7 users

0.9999...=1 wrote:

So what do you guys want to see there? I hope the bass part for this song is playable:

Sadly, it appears to be guitar only. Hold out for Rock Band 4 maybe, they always have The Who.

Jersey Jimmy wrote:

@Roy: Actually, RB4 comes out the same month. Looks like the ol' rivalry is starting up again.

@K.K.: No, it actually has six. They’re just arranged 3×2.

I'm pretty sure both of them have vague "Fall 2015" release dates, so not quite sure where "the same month" comes from. After all, one could be September and the other October like with Warriors of Rock and Rock Band 3.

Anyway, I'm actually not as excited for this game as much as Rock Band 4, even though I don't own a system for Rock Band 4. It seems like with the approach of "export to as many systems as possible including mobile," they're dumbing down the experience too much. The guitar has an extra button, yeah, but there's no full-band support, customization, or even failing, which seems like a hinderance to wanting to get better at the game (why try when I know I can get through any song?). The full-motion video seems like a cheesy concept that's only there to make sure it runs on all those systems because, you know, money. The announced soundtrack seems to cater toward the money aspect as well, going for bands that are popular now rather than diving into the deep history of rock music to find songs that would be cool to play. I'm not trying to act like I'm part of #lewronggeneration, but I seriously have no idea why they'd put in Skrillex song in the game besides the fact that he's popular (yes, he is confirmed to be in the game). The only Skrillex song I know of with a notable guitar line is Bangarang, and that sounds like it would be a boring part to play. I also want to say the gameplay choices are gairly shallow, but then again, it's early in the game and with no unlockable songs, why play story mode?

In conclusion, I am not hyped for Guitar Hero Live.

Jersey Jimmy wrote:

@Roy: Actually, RB4 comes out the same month. Looks like the ol' rivalry is starting up again.

@K.K.: No, it actually has six. They’re just arranged 3×2.

But Rock Band 4 isn't being released for Wii U, that's what pissing me off more. Even though Guitar Hero Live will be on it, they are known for putting on songs I don't really like. I mean Ed f*cking Sheeran, REALLY!?

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!