Forums / Media / Books & Comics

1,014 total conversations in 114 threads

+ New Thread

Cardcaptor Sakura coming back June 3rd, plus a new anime project.

Last posted Jun 04, 2016 at 07:56PM EDT. Added May 30, 2016 at 01:59PM EDT
6 posts from 4 users

From Crunchyroll

"Coming up on June 3rd, the July issue of Nakayoshi kicks the celebration of the 20th anniversary of CLAMP's Cardcaptor Sakura magic girl series to another level with a new manga that reintroduces Sakura Kinomoto in her first year of junior high school.

An early look at future plans reveal that a new anime project is also in development.

Details will be announced later."

What's your opinion?

On the one hand, new Cardcaptor Sakura!
On the other hand, there's so much potential for awfulness!
I wonder if Sakura's old brother will remain closeted in the English version (if he's around at all any more) or if there will be references to the other two manga. I think one had something to do with an alternate reality version of Sakura who was a princess or something and lost her memories and the other one was some grouchy middle school (or maybe) student who helps out this witch lady.

To be honest, those other two manga are so confusing (to me, at least) that I'm surprised I remember anything. I mean, I get confused when reading manga often, but these two had me constantly questioning what the heck was happening.

So yeah, hope they don't fall into the common traps that bad reboots get stuck in, because that was one of my favorite shows as a kid.

Last edited May 30, 2016 at 05:19PM EDT

Joy……but I'm a little weary, considering Sakura ended pretty well.

Still, this is not like DBZ were they have done it all and now they're just scrapping the bottom of the barrel for ideas. Sakura can still deliver something new since her lore is more open to new things, kinda of like how Digimon was able to stay relevant through years at having each season be separate of canon between each other.

OK, it looks better than I expected tbh. I really want to know what these transparent cards are. Also, I'm glad the secondary characters are back, looking forward to Yamazaki lies. Tomoyo is the same as always and the first chapter kinda felt like the first chapter from the original manga. I hope CLAMP don't fuck up with this one because it really looks great.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!