Forums / Media / Books & Comics

1,014 total conversations in 114 threads

+ New Thread

Why do autistic people really love manga?

Last posted Oct 27, 2016 at 12:06AM EDT. Added Oct 24, 2016 at 09:25PM EDT
23 posts from 21 users

This video is… ooh man, okay, okay. What the fuck? I think this screenshot sums up the video pretty well:

Last edited Oct 24, 2016 at 11:07PM EDT

chowzburgerz wrote:

BBC Journalist 1: Why would you link autism with anime and manga.

BBC Journalist 2: Because 4chan told me so.

4chan IS where I found this video.

Also, no one going to point out "pikachew"?

>autistic people love anime
>autistic people love know your meme
>autistic people love Adolf Hitler and his Third Reich
>autistic people love encyclopedia dramatica

Boy, ED sure is going to have a field day when they see this video even it was uploaded not too long ago…

Whatever you prefer is okay by me as long as you don't create this as some sort of stereotype. It's like saying "why do Jews are all greedy?"

Here's a video about a bright young man discussing why not all autistics love anime?

This company does not run ads and is funded by the British taxpayer.

Just throwing that out there.

Also yes they're very internet un-savvy.

Isn't BBC News for stuff like… you know, world news and other stuff like that and not stuff such as this? To be honest, I'm pretty sure that people who have Autism and like Anime and Manga is not the kind of stuff you would find on major news outlets.

Is this documentary material? yes
Is this news material? No

For a minute there, I thought this thread was a misplaced Riff-Raff thread due to the title.

Last edited Oct 25, 2016 at 04:58PM EDT

Tyranid Warrior #1024649049375 wrote:

Didn't BBC fire half their staff once because they're white and they needed more "diversity?"

Yes.

GhettoRobin wrote:

Why do people really love manga?

Because anime tiddies.

BTW, BBC are sinking himself in a black hole of bad periodism since a long time. I'm not surprised about this kind of shitty coverage about nonsense stuff.

You know, I was about to give a long, detailed analysis about how, because manga is a visual medium that often stretches over a large multi-year period of time, and doesn't have a lot of variation via retcons, reboots, and different artist in the same way western comics do, that it makes it great for a person with a large focus on task completition to tear through the whole story.

But then I saw the video, and I have to wonder, "the fuck were they thinking?"

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Word Up! You must login or signup first!