Forums / Fun! / Creative

11,725 total conversations in 468 threads

+ New Thread

Why I CANCELLED "Know Your Meme: The Community-Made Season" & What's Next?

Last posted Jan 27, 2017 at 12:15PM EST. Added Jan 27, 2017 at 12:15PM EST
1 post from 1 user

The rumour come out: Does KYM Fanmade Episodes project is cancelled?
In 2012, Cheezburger Inc. stopped producing episodes of the "Know Your Meme" (2007-2012) show in order to save money or something. They did this before making an episode about "Trololo / Russian Rickroll". The man behind this meme died earlier in the year, so I figured I would have to make this episode myself, in his honor.

After numerous script rewrites in 2012-2013, waiting patiently for the Sochi 2014 Olympics to be over to see if they performed a tribute to Eduard Khil or the Trololo song in the Opening/Closing ceremonies, and more script rewrites in 2015, the final product was released in Mid-August 2016 with voice acting by ArchaicEX and additional help from Asdfghjkl, Triple Zed and Particle Mare.

The episode was fun to make, and now I had a template to easily make the next 12 episodes, for a complete new season of this brand new "Community-Made" KYM show.

So, what happened?
The very same week that the above video was released…

The YouTube channel "Behind the Meme" was launched by some lucky fuck and since then, they have amassed 476,000+ subscribers (as of this post) and have uploaded at least 90 videos of more current memes.

With this channel, there is no more purpose or need for the KYM Community-Made Season, so it has been cancelled… or has it? Something extremely similar to it might be in the works called "KYM-tan's School of Memes"… but I will not formally announce it here yet.

What's Next in the World of NeonWabbit's Shitty Undelivered KYM Garbage?
Last year, I promised my final 8 major KYM projects would be delivered before the year 2030. After these 8 projects are finalized, I probably might not do anymore KYM projects.

The 8 projects and their current statuses are as follows:

Delivered:

• Know Your Meme: The Community-Made Season
    • (Note: I consider this delivered now, because the initial idea for this project was a single episode on "Trololo / Russian Rickroll".)
  • KYMcon 2017
    • (Note: KYMcon 2017 is delivered, because I have finished the TIMETABLE and now I have nothing left to do for it but choose the people who will win the Steam games for their submissions to the competition in THIS THREAD)

Work-In-Progress:

• NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL GETTING MEMED ON (2014) [REMASTERED 2017 EDITION]
  • The KYMcon 2017 Interactive Fiction/Text Adventure Experience
  • "KYM-tan and the Never Happening KYM Games" Fanfiction [Illustrated Edition]
  • KYM-tan: Ace Attorney

Not Started:

• Know Your Meme【Thread Simulator v4.0】
  • Cards Against KYM 2017
  • KYMmon Next

Thank you for your time.

Last edited Jan 27, 2017 at 12:24PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!