Forums / Fun! / Creative

11,725 total conversations in 468 threads

+ New Thread

What I've been doing (like as in creative stuff).

Last posted Aug 15, 2017 at 01:00PM EDT. Added Aug 12, 2017 at 02:53PM EDT
8 posts from 3 users

Hello, KYM community. I'm sorta back (I just forget this site sometimes exists).

I'm sorta done with my days of just randomly posting garbage, as that wasn't really ever funny.

Anyways, I've been working on:

3D model design.

Game design stuff.

And some garbage music and writing. I've been quite busy, so I don't have as much time as to post as before.

I add more stuff later on.

Sorry about the scare.

I'm still new with making 3D people, so I need to get used to it. I can make solid objects pretty fine, so I just need practice. If there's any way I can fix it up, it'll be a huge thanks.

The render of the character itself is a tad old (about a week ago). as I've already shortened the hands to a more realistic size on a revision.

Also, saying valid criticism doesn't make you an asshole.

The drawing I made for the model is probably far less uncanny.

Last edited Aug 13, 2017 at 12:17AM EDT

Since 3D didn't go well, here's a gif of gamedev stuff so far, I posted a thing related to this game ages ago, and yes, I'm still making it.

A mix of light walking simulator (as in looking around, an inspecting most things in the environment. Not just walking around with no real goal), and RPG.

Mostly been trying to get things up working right. Spent a day making that save screen.

Last edited Aug 14, 2017 at 01:44AM EDT

it's hard to say from this angle, since the skull/jaw shape can't be told from the front so effective, but the pointers i'd give anyway:
-move nose down or mouth up or do both.
-make the top of the hair less flat (raise hair on both sides of the parting) to make it more dynamic and the top half of the head appear larger (big factor in neoteny, which you should look up btw, it's a very common thing that's utilized in cartoons).
-make the upper arms thinner at the base, they're pretty thick right now.
-make neck way thinner, as that works better for cartoon styles (look at the stereotypical anime girl, for example).

it is better than the first one, though. and i'd say the torso and legs are pretty good as is.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!