Forums / Fun! / Creative

11,725 total conversations in 468 threads

+ New Thread

My Pokemon OC "Thing"

Last posted Nov 16, 2017 at 11:12PM EST. Added Nov 14, 2017 at 11:19AM EST
15 posts from 4 users

As you may know, (or don't know) I uploaded my first image to this wonderful site, that being my Pokefusion OC, Nihilosmog. I wanted to give some information about him as well as link the picture of him:

Name: Nihilosmog(Nihilego/Cosmog fusion), Nick(Human Form)
Codename: UB-00 RHYTHFUSION

Type(s): Poison/Psychic

Ability: Beast Boost(Boosts Speed)

Items: Ultra Z-Ring+, Rhythmium Z, Rainbow Cape, Rhythm Baton, Bag o' Random Stuff, Ultraversal Contact Phone, Super Secret Journal

Known Moves: Paddle Reflect, Venoshock, Metronome, Psychic, Power Gem, Chip Away, Iron Defense, Head Smash, Substitute,

Z-Move: Rhythmic Laser Blast

Ultra Z-Ring+: An upgraded Z-Ring that allows the user to use Z-Moves more than once per battle. There is a 7-turn cooldown after every use however. It is also compatible with Z-Power Ring exclusive Crystals.

Rhythmium Z: A unique Z Crystal that allows Nihilosmog to upgrade his Paddle Reflect move to the special Z-Move, Rhythmic Laser Blast. It also has other various effects depending on the pose that Nihilosmog does.

Paddle Reflect: Allows Nihilosmog to reflect any projectile-based move(Aura Sphere, etc.) back at the user for 2 turns. Has no effect against Physical and Status type moves. Has a cooldown time of 3 turns after each use though…

Rhythmic Laser Blast: Nihilosmog fires a giant rainbow laser beam from his Rhythmic Core.

Rainbow Cape: A unique cape that Nihilosmog got from an Unfused Reality. When worn by Nihilosmog, he gets a decent evasion boost.

Rhythm Baton: A special stick composed of an unknown material originating from the Ultra Space. When held by Nihilosmog, he gets a decent attack boost.

Bag o' Random Stuff: A seemingly bottomless bag of items that Nihilosmog collected from all across the Ultraverse.

Ultraversal Contact Phone: A special phone which allows Nihilosmog to call any friends that he has met across all universes in the Ultraverse.

Description: A mysterious Ultra Beast that bears a striking resemblance to both a Nihilego and a Cosmog. This beast has a seemingly perfect sense of rhythm, however he's a bit dimwitted and curious. This has led to some disastrous(yet hilarious) mishaps(i.e. the time when he "borrowed" an experimental hat from the Aether Foundation that attracts nearby objects to it{Similar to the Item Tornado from Mario 64 Chaos Edition}). This beast can latch onto people just like any other Nihilego, however his neurotoxins don't alter the host's thoughts and actions, allowing both the host and Nihilosmog to have shared control over each others actions. The cross-shaped marking on its body is what he calls a "Rhythmic Core" which he describes as his source of rhythm. The core itself is actually a separate being which he has nicknamed "Corevil". Nihilosmog, being part Cosmog, also has the ability to create Ultra Wormholes, however not all Wormholes that he creates don't lead to the Ultra Space. Nihilosmog doesn't even know how this happens. When enraged, He goes into a special form which he has called "FATE Mode". While in this mode, some sort of yellow bubble envelops Nihilosmog and he gains the ability to shoot bullets composed of an as of yet unidentified form of energy from his Rhythmic Core. There is only one recorded instance in which he has used it, and he regrets every bit of it. He also has another form which only activates when he is fully calm. This mode in which he has dubbed "FLUX Mode" allows him to separate his soul from his body. His Soul is described as a small, glowing, purple cube with a star shaped marking on its front. His soul only possesses a fraction of Nihilosmog's full power. Nihilosmog does this to "free himself from his horrible memories of the Incident". This so-called "Incident" that he refers too is when he went into FATE Mode after losing all sanity during a fight with Mother Beast V2, which was Lusamine merged with a mechanical Nihilego that was created by Timdustries Earth Lurching Co. His anger got the better of him as he nearly tried to finish Lusamine off had it not been for Lillie to calm him down before he can do any more harm to her. After becoming Champion, he decided to decline his invitation to the Champion Festival at Iki Town, stating that "He'd rather just stay and enjoy the scenery from his newly claimed throne". The next day, His friends decided to check up on him, but all they could find was a Substitute Doll with a note attached to it. The note stated that he is on a "Weeks Vacation" and would come back in a week. However, when his friends returned the following week, the Beast was sitting on the Champion's Throne as he explained that this was the true form of the Alola Champion. He was curious to where his best friend(Lillie) was, only to be devastated to learn that she left for Kanto to help her Mother. Since then, he has been searching throughout the Kanto region in hopes of reuniting with her.

Base Stats:
HP: 76
ATK: 41
DEF: 39
SP ATK: 78
SP DEF: 81
SPEED: 90

FATE Stats:
HP: 114
ATK: 62
DEF: 59
SP ATK: 117
SP DEF: 122
SPEED: 135

FLUX Stats:
HP: 38
ATK: 20
DEF: 19
SP ATK: 39
SP DEF: 40
SPEED: 180

Ultra Nihilosmog Stats:
HP: 380
ATK: 205
DEF: 195
SP ATK: 390
SP DEF: 405
SPEED: 450

Can I give a criticism? I think you went TOO anime with your OC, its okay to make it powerful but this seems like too much and a cleaner and more grounded story would help it. Also Fate Mode and Flux mode feel too much like DBZ not very pokemonish. Still gamewise I dig the item-based abilities and powers.

NO! wrote:

Can I give a criticism? I think you went TOO anime with your OC, its okay to make it powerful but this seems like too much and a cleaner and more grounded story would help it. Also Fate Mode and Flux mode feel too much like DBZ not very pokemonish. Still gamewise I dig the item-based abilities and powers.

I actually tried to make Nihilosmog as far away from being too Mary Sue-ish as possible. (He is my first creation after all) The Rhythmic Core, FATE Mode, FLUX Mode, and the mention of the Timdustries are all based on the BIT.TRIP series of games and were a huge inspiration for part of my creation as well as the whole idea for the Ultraverse AU. Thanks anyway!

NO! wrote:

I'm already in the process of making a more concrete story about Nihilosmog's origins, but I am having a bit of trouble on how to make it work… You have any ideas?

UB-00 Rhythfusion wrote:

I'm already in the process of making a more concrete story about Nihilosmog's origins, but I am having a bit of trouble on how to make it work… You have any ideas?

Maybe it was made by Lusamine by taking lillies pokemon and forcefully fusing it? Could add drama and give your OC the vulnerability of not being quite right in the head.

Last edited Nov 14, 2017 at 01:24PM EST

NO! wrote:

Maybe it was made by Lusamine by taking lillies pokemon and forcefully fusing it? Could add drama and give your OC the vulnerability of not being quite right in the head.

I'm actually almost done with his backstory, I'll post it here and see if there is anything I can do to spice it up

NO! wrote:

Here is his origin story:

Nihilosmog was born to a wealthy couple of both a Xurkitree and a Pheromosa. His mother works as a Ultra Space-Famous Beauty Model whereas his father is a well known scientific genius, inventing many things such as a way to artificially create Ultra Wormholes without needing to use any Cosmog at all and a way to store an infinite amount of items in a small space. Nihilosmog believed that somewhere beyond the Ultra Space, there exists other worlds yet to be discovered, that belief became true when he encountered what he thought was a shooting star, but instead was a red, glowing, core-shaped object. The object was severely damaged, but was still alive. Nihilosmog, being the kind beast that he is, took the object back to his family's household, where he sneaked into his dad's secret lab to borrow some equipment to repair the damaged object. Once the object was fully repaired, it started to pulse out waves of pure rhythm energy into Nihilosmog, making him black out temporarily. When Nihilosmog woke up, the core was nowhere to be found. He looked down at his chest only to see a core-shaped mark in the center of it. As soon as he noticed it, the core appeared in front of him, stating that the Rhythmic Link was complete and that Nihilosmog now has unknown amounts of pure Rhythmic Power. Nihilosmog decided to nickname the Core, "Corevil" to which it agreed that that was a good name for it. Fast-Forward 3 years later, when the brother and sister of the Cosmic Duo, Nebula and Nebby, went missing after wandering through an Abandoned Artificial Wormhole despite the warnings that the Wormhole leads to somewhere beyond the Ultra Space. Nihilosmog decided to help find the missing two by sneaking out of his family's home, creating various Ultra Wormholes until finally reaching the Abandoned Site and entering the same wormhole, not knowing what dangers may lurk beyond it. He soon found himself at the outskirts of Route 1 of Melemele Island. Corevil warned Nihilosmog that without a proper disguise, that he would be captured and possibly dissected. Corevil then used his rhythmic power to turn Nihilosmog into a human to disguise himself. Corevil also decided to name the human form of Nihilosmog, "Nick". After agreeing to this, "Nick" decided to wander around Route 1 until he was found by Professor Kukui whilst taking his nightly stroll. "Nick" was initially scared that his cover might have been blown, but was surprised when Kukui took him under his care, where he taught "Nick" about the world of Pokemon. Fast-Forward 4 years later where it was the day that "Nick" begins his journey as a Pokemon Trainer.

UB-00 Rhythfusion wrote:

Uh…. Who?

This:

You know… a pokemon version of the thing could work, especially now that there are elements of dimensional horror with hostile alternate dimensions and creepy mind toxins pokemon's… I you need an idea for a villain for your story, well…

Last edited Nov 14, 2017 at 05:28PM EST

NO! wrote:

This:

You know… a pokemon version of the thing could work, especially now that there are elements of dimensional horror with hostile alternate dimensions and creepy mind toxins pokemon's… I you need an idea for a villain for your story, well…

Well, I already have a main villain in the form of the Timbletot…

NO! wrote:

This:

Wasn't there a parody where the Eevee boost Z-move made Eevee turn into the thing? It was super fucking weird, but I remember something like that.

Genesect wrote:

Wasn't there a parody where the Eevee boost Z-move made Eevee turn into the thing? It was super fucking weird, but I remember something like that.

I actually saw that as well as the one video where Buzzwole got his revenge on a trainer who thought it was a good idea to swat a mosquito

Here are my thoughts on it. By that, I meant my brutal thoughts.
- Ultra Beasts are all genderless.

- The way that Beast Boost works isn't locked on a certain stat; it depends on the Pokemon's current highest stats.

- What happened to Sludge Bomb and Sludge Wave? These moves are far more reliable than Venoshock.

- So I assumed a status move converts into an offensive Z-move? … that actually happens in reverse with Extreme Evoboost, but seems an odd choice.

- Most signature Z-crystals will be named after that Pokemon (ex. Primarium Z for Primarina), so judging by the logic, it should be called Nihilonium or something like that.

- What's the purpose of Ultraversal Contact Phone and Bag'o Random?!

- Ultra Beast's stats all ends with a prime number, you didn't follow that rule.

- The description of it is way too long. Might as well put this image while I'm at it.

- Ultra Nihilosmog's Stats are way too high. The maximum limit for stat is 255.

tl;dr: you didn't explain a lot of stuff very well and you don't really understand that much

also did you just call kym wonderful

HeatEdgeSword wrote:

Here are my thoughts on it. By that, I meant my brutal thoughts.

- The way that Beast Boost works isn't locked on a certain stat; it depends on the Pokemon's current highest stats.

- What happened to Sludge Bomb and Sludge Wave? These moves are far more reliable than Venoshock.

- So I assumed a status move converts into an offensive Z-move? … that actually happens in reverse with Extreme Evoboost, but seems an odd choice.

- Most signature Z-crystals will be named after that Pokemon (ex. Primarium Z for Primarina), so judging by the logic, it should be called Nihilonium or something like that.

- What's the purpose of Ultraversal Contact Phone and Bag'o Random?!

- Ultra Beast's stats all ends with a prime number, you didn't follow that rule.

- The description of it is way too long. Might as well put this image while I'm at it.

- Ultra Nihilosmog's Stats are way too high. The maximum limit for stat is 255.

tl;dr: you didn't explain a lot of stuff very well and you don't really understand that much

also did you just call kym wonderful

Thank you for your feedback! Now to answer your points:

Unlike in the Canon Games, I always felt that the Beasts had a dominant gender. But the opposite gender of each beast is also a thing, albeit uncommon.

- The way that Beast Boost works isn’t locked on a certain stat; it depends on the Pokemon’s current highest stats.

I have actually come up with a solution to this problem. Nihilosmog also has a secret second ability that was provided by Corevil known as "Runner's Soul" which prevents his speed from ever being lowered.

The Movelist is still in beta, hence the comma after Substitute.

I actually have to agree with you on the fact that it is indeed an odd choice.

The Rhythmium Z Crystal was actually created by Corevil by using a physical substance of Pure Rhythmic Energy that he himself is composed of.

- What’s the purpose of Ultraversal Contact Phone and Bag’o Random?!

The Ultraverse is a term given to all known franchises that I know about all condensed into one singular ever expanding space-time. Nihilosmog is also both curious and friendly, hence how his Bag o' Random Stuff contains everything of interest from all of the Universes he's been to and His Ultraversal Contact Phone lets him contact all of his friends that he made all over the Ultraverse. Both of these items were acquired by Nihilosmog when he first went to the Ultraverse Nexus, the center of the entire Ultraverse.

- Ultra Beast’s stats all ends with a prime number, you didn’t follow that rule.

I actually got Nihilosmog's stats by adding both the stats of Cosmog and Nihilego and dividing the result by 2. (However, his current Speed stat was boosted during his first encounter with Corevil)

- Ultra Nihilosmog’s Stats are way too high. The maximum limit for stat is 255.

Well, Ultra Nihilosmog has these stats in order to stand a chance against Ultra Timblecrozma.

And yes I did just call the site beautiful, problem?

Last edited Nov 16, 2017 at 11:13PM EST
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!