Forums / Fun! / Forum Games

64,397 total conversations in 719 threads

+ New Thread

Festive Mafia

Last posted Jan 02, 2017 at 03:05AM EST. Added Dec 10, 2016 at 12:07PM EST
46 posts from 8 users

Now that finals are over and I'm officially on break, I finally have time to run another Mafia game. For anyone who hasn't played Mafia before, refer to the MafiaWiki for general information on the game, and for those of you who have, welcome back.

~~

Recycled Rules (originally written by the late Crimea, added to by me):

1. If any player does not submit their PM to me during the night phase then their action is forfeit for that phase, so make sure to get those PMs in!

2. If a player does not vote during the day phase then their vote is not counted. Only players who voted will be tallied (i.e. if a player has 3 votes against them and 4 players did not vote then that player is still killed).

3. If you take no action for 3 days you will be removed from the game. For special roles you will be replaced by a random existing villager. All players must vote in the day phase to remain in the game (i.e. the PMs sent in by special roles will not keep you in the game). If you have a role, you may do nothing as much as you wish as long as you continue to vote, but for most roles acting every night can only be in your favor.

4. When you are killed, your role will be revealed. You may still observe the game (obviously, I can’t stop you from reading) but please refrain from posting anything beyond jokes.

5. You may discuss the contents of private conversations with other players in the thread, including direct quotes. However, you may not directly quote your Role PM or take a screenshot of any PM related to this game. Keep in mind that any quotes can easily be falsified by other players.

6. When voting in this thread or sending in your PM please bold the name of the player(s) you are targeting/voting for (place a * on both sides of a word to bold it). If you are changing your vote from one player to another please only bold the player you are currently voting for (i.e. don’t say “I’m changing my vote from player 1 to player 2”, say “I’m changing my vote from player 1 to player 2”).

7. Please do not sign up for this game unless you are willing to commit. It’s not fun for anyone when 5 players drop out right off the bat because they didn’t get the role they wanted and furthermore it’s a big disadvantage for the remaining citizens. Being a vanilla can be lots of fun if you participate in discussions and actively try to figure things out.

~~

Possible Roles:

• Investigator – A town role. Investigates players to learn their alignment, but not their role.
  • Tracker – A town role. Tracks players to learn who they targeted, if anyone, and if they were targeted by anyone else.
  • Godfather – A Mafia role. Attacks and kills townies every night. Also appears as a vanilla townie when investigated.
  • Roleblocker – A Mafia role. Targets players to prevent them from performing their night action.

~~

Signups close Monday, December 12 at 11:59 PM CST. I'm expecting around 20 players to join this game (and have balanced the roles around that), so only expect that deadline to be extended if I don't have at least 18-22 players signed up by then. The maximum number of players I'll accept is 30, and I'll automatically close signups if for whatever reason we reach that number. The game will begin with in 24 hours of signups closing, once I've sent out all Role PMs

And, for the record, this is a normal, serious mafia game. No overpowered joke roles or ridiculous mechanics this time, I promise.

Well, that certainly got a lot less interest than I'd hoped.

In any case, I'm officially putting off the start date for a week, to December 19 at 11:59 CST, unless we reach 20 players before then. At that point, I'll begin the game with whatever amount of players we have. The game can still be run even with 7 players, but it'll be a lot shorter than previous ones.

If y'all haven't forgotten about this already, I'm going to start giving everyone who has signed up a role. Expect to receive a PM within the next hour or two, even if you're a vanilla townie. I'll make the Night 1 post after everyone has gotten their PM.

All PMs should be sent out now. Message me if you didn't get one.

Night 0

It was a typically cold night at the North Pole. It's just a few nights until Christmas, and the elves are spending every waking hour working on making this Christmas slightly less bad than the rest of 2016. But, little do the citizens of Santa's village know, sinister spirits are conspiring to take over the holiday season…

~~

All players with night actions may act tonight. Normally, I'd prevent killing roles from acting Night 0, but because of the small size of this game, I'll be suspending that rule to help the Mafia get a leg up.

This night will last until either 48 hours have passed (on December 22) or until all night actions have been received.

Day 1

The citizens of Santa's village awoke to a gruesome scene in the town square…

It was a message saying "Don’t trust anyone, not even your memes"

But no one actually died during the night. The townspeople somehow knew there were killers about anyway, and decided to lynch someone.

Post here to vote for the player you want to lynch. The first person to receive 4 votes against them will be killed. You may also vote No Lynch if you want to end the day phase without killing anyone.

Day 1 ends 48 hours from now, on Saturday the 24th.

someone just asked to put that letter in the post and i threw it in tbh

Last edited Dec 22, 2016 at 11:54PM EST

Night 1

The townspeople were in agreement that a lynch at such an early stage would get them nowhere. No one would die today.

Everyone retired to their homes, fearful of what might come during the night…

Night 1 ends in 48 hours, on the 26th, or when all players with actions have sent in their PMs.

Day 2

Nothing happened, again. The townies were relieved to find that the Mafia's assassins were proving completely ineffective. They continued to attempt to lynch the Mafians even though they hadn't actually managed to commit any crimes yet.

Day 2 ends 48 hours from now, on the 28th, or when all players have voted. I'll probably end the day a little ahead of schedule, though, just so I don't have to post the night incredibly late.

Right now the mafia is pretty useless so we might as well just take a random shot and hope that it's a mafia with a game this small.

Everyone who is in the game has already posted though so far, so an inactive mafia isn't a reason.

Random vote for KYFPMM since both rounds so far he was the first to react and tried to steer us away from lynching.

KYFPMM wrote:

RandomMan do the voting after the game master responds my question.

My vote is pretty random so if you're at least trying to bring progress, I can wait one phase.

eeny meeny miny moe…..

Changing my vote to Sandstone because a little fairy told me so

Last edited Dec 28, 2016 at 07:05AM EST

KYFPMM wrote:

Guys we only have one clue it may be cryptic but before l Go further with this, I ask the game master If mafia votes count?

Maf votes always count in games I run.

KYFPMM wrote:

^Damn you

What? Maf votes not counting always makes things way easier for the town, and it reduces the meta to just finding people whose votes do nothing.

Night 2

The townies were split on who to lynch, and decided to flip a coin to determine who would die. Unfortunately for Sandstone, the odds weren't in his favor, and his erstwhile allies hung him.

His Role PM was discovered on his person after the deed was done:

You are the Mittens Hoovy, an unfriendly Hoovy wielding holiday mittens.

You are the Twin Roleblocker, a member of the Mafia. Every night, you may tickle another player with your mittens to block them from performing any action. You also have a brother Hoovy, who is still affiliated with the town. You win when every player who is not in the Mafia has died.

The townies celebrated their luck before going to bed. but they had only eliminated one of the threats to the town. They weren't home free just yet…

Night 2 ends on Friday, December 30.

Last edited Dec 29, 2016 at 12:41AM EST

Day 3

The first eventful night of the game came and went spectacularly.

Two townspeople died during the night. The first was KYFPMM, a member of the town.

You are Santa Claus, the eternally jolly symbol of Christmas. You’re making a list and checking it twice, so you can find out who’s naughty or nice.

You are the Investigator, a member of the town. Every night, you may investigate another player to determine their alignment. You win when every threat to the town is eliminated.

The second was Black Graphic T, another member of the town.

You are an elf who lives and works in Santa’s village. You have no special abilities, but you still want nothing more than the defeat of the Mafia. You win when every threat to the town is eliminated.

The townies were devastated by the loss of their leader, Santa Claus. Christmas was ruined forever, but the elves could still get their revenge.

Four players are still alive: Yunpol, chowzburgerz, TillsterRulz, and RandomMan.

Day 3 ends on Saturday the 31st, or when all players have voted.

RM is in the clear since he voted for Sandstone. However, Yunpol did not change his vote to Sandstone when RM changed his vote. Tillster himself has never voted before which makes him suspicious.

Last edited Dec 30, 2016 at 02:06AM EST

i did not vote because i was drunk on my ass, i promise im just a little elf

but let's not forget you didnt vote mr chowz for sandstone either

It's look like the evidence are pointing against chowzburgerz since he didn't vote at all, but was active, so that strikes him as suspicious.

So, I will be voting for Chowzburgerz as well for now.

Last edited Dec 30, 2016 at 12:12PM EST

Endgame
(got delayed slightly, sorry)

The townspeople agreed that chowzburgerz was the most suspicious of the survivors, and they hung him in the town square.

As Chowz gave his last breath, his role PM dramatically fell to the ground in front of him:

You are Jack Frost, the spirit of winter and bitter cold. You resent Santa because he is beloved around the world, and seek to seize control of his village.

You are the Godfather, a member of the Mafia. Every night, you may target a player and kill them. In addition, if you are investigated, you will appear to be a vanilla townie. If you are killed, a Mafia ally will inherit your killing ability. You win when every player who is not in the Mafia has died.

The Mafia has been defeated. The townspeople, Yunpol, TillsterRulz, RandomMan (of course lol), KYFPMM, and Black Graphic T, win! but christmas is still ruined tho

That ended up finishing about as quickly as I'd expected, given the small size, but it was less eventful than I'd hoped due to the GF being inactive for a while. Still a good game in general, though. GG everyone, and congrats to the winners.

Question: If I wasn't killed here and then I killed one of the other 2 remaining townsfolk, what would happen if there was only two players remaining on a day phase?

chowzburgerz wrote:

Question: If I wasn't killed here and then I killed one of the other 2 remaining townsfolk, what would happen if there was only two players remaining on a day phase?

There would have been two townspeople left and one mafian, so the next day would have been a normal day phase, assuming RM didn't kill his last fellow townie on the same night.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!