Forums / Discussion / General

232,945 total conversations in 7,791 threads

+ New Thread

Russia and World Domination!

Last posted Apr 17, 2014 at 08:58PM EDT. Added Mar 25, 2014 at 10:28PM EDT
47 posts from 24 users

So, as we all know, Putin's end goal is world domination, correct? He took Korea in a very Hitler-ish fashion. Germany taking nearby land is what started WWII after all. You know what they say, history repeats itself! Soon, Ukraine will be at war with Russia. The US has already stationed countless troops near Russia in preparation. If Russia keeps trying to take land, the US and then the other Allied nations such as the U.K. and France will step in and it'll be a big mess. Russia would most definitely lose, even with assistance of China, their ally. However, if it escalated to nuclear war, everyone would be sincerely screwed over. Heck, they might even start up drafting again in a few countries since Russia's army is prepared, and the rest of the world is not.

I know I might be assuming too much in the fact that war will happen at all and Putin might just stop at Crimea, but knowing him, his goals, his previous actions, and the repetition of history, it is more likely that war will happen then not. I'm not a war monger or anything, I'd rather have peace if it was my choice. The League of Nations tendency to butt into everything is also a good indicator of full-scale war. If war really happened, I would probably just move to a neutral country and buy war bonds/help out in any way I can indirectly.

So, what's your opinion on this overall? Do you agree with my predictions, or do you disagree? Please explain why if you disagree and if you happen to agree, feel free to add to my theory. If you have an entirely different prediction that has yet to be heard, I want to hear it! Regardless of if you agree or disagree, how would you act if this situation happened? Where would you go? What would you do? Who would you talk to?

Wait… Putin took Korea? When did this happen?

I suppose that's what you get when you put someone who was brainwashed by KGB propaganda and put him in charge of one of the most powerful nations in the world…

If there is one thing that Putin wants to do is make a bastard child of the USSR, or thats what I believe. This doesnt mean the return of Stalin the industrial ghost but just the whole Soviet power feeling.
Kidding guys..
Everyone knows that our glorious leader already controls world with his deadliest weapon: The Waifu Factor

Surrender you filthy americans, surrender and we will give you Natalia.

Last edited Mar 26, 2014 at 06:46AM EDT

Cronus wrote:

I don't know if you are trying to sound serious or trying to start up a conspiracy conversation.

I thought that this was FOX news for a second

Also i dont think it was Putin who took over Korea. considering he was born when the Korean War was going on

Last edited Mar 26, 2014 at 09:16AM EDT

Korea sounds a little bit like Crimea, I guess.
And should there be a war, think China would be on the Allied side. It would be in their best interest to prevent Russia from gaining more power, if it did, it would just be another superpower for China to compete with. After all, the Soviets and the Americans, the Communists and the Capitalists were allied and modern China is more capitalist than the USSR.

Well, just my opinion based off what I've seen, but I think this has set a dangerous precedent. Russia has proved she isn't afraid to take another country's land, and the rest of the world has proved that nobody will do anything about it. Not to go all Godwin's Law or anything, but this does seem to be the same basic principle that Hitler used. He was telling world leaders that by invading other countries and taking parts of their territory (Sudetenland in Czechoslovakia, for instance) that had a large ethnic German population, he was just trying to unite his people under one government. Well, Crimea had a large ethnic Russian population, and is now part of Russia. There are a lot of former Soviet bloc countries over there that have large ethnic Russian populations. What remains to be seen is if Putin keeps this up. If he tries this in another country, then that'll get us a step closer to World War 3. If he stops here, then perhaps relations can be mended. Regardless, I'd be surprised if U.S. – Russian relations improve before both Obama and Putin are out of their respective offices. It takes time for leaders to go from war threats and sanctions to peace talks and trade agreements.

I'd like to think nobody's gonna nuke anyone out of fear of being immediately nuked back, but I understand the concern. Putin's not exactly making rational decisions.

Anyways, does anyone have a source on the U.S placing troops near Russia? I know I read something about it on CNN or something last night, but I can't find the article. Because I'd like to think we're doing something more than imposing sanctions on a guy who clearly doesn't give a fuck about them. You can't tell me that many of the Crimean people would have voted to become one with Russia if it wasn't for Putin's men flashing their AKs and /or some kind of foul play.

Last edited Mar 26, 2014 at 01:50PM EDT

Well. IMO the U.S. is trying to intervent in the European politics (even if they a full NATO member) since Ukraine is not in the NATO officialy (they paid the stuff but they not get badge or what the hell yet).
FUN fact: Back in the Afghanistanian wars the russians could get in fight against the americans but they didn't do that. By this Putin could tell to the U.S. to go home and fuck their moms.

Last edited Mar 26, 2014 at 02:25PM EDT

Kung Fu Cthulhu wrote:

Wait… Putin took Korea? When did this happen?

Wait a second… Shit! How the hell did I make that mistake?! I guess I just brain-farted for a second while I was writing "Crimea".

Well, on the US moving troops, I don't know of an article and I'm too lazy to look one up, but I know that most of the troops in a military base near me are gone and have been mobilized to Ukraine. There are many articles on Russia amassing troops near the Ukrainian border though which only shows that they are scheming. Also, like iamslow said, the vote wasn't very fair since anyone who voted against Putin would most likely be killed.

Basically, The Illustrious Reggie explained my point perfectly and more thoroughly than I could.

The Illustrious Reggie wrote:

Well, just my opinion based off what I’ve seen, but I think this has set a dangerous precedent. Russia has proved she isn’t afraid to take another country’s land, and the rest of the world has proved that nobody will do anything about it. Not to go all Godwin’s Law or anything, but this does seem to be the same basic principle that Hitler used. He was telling world leaders that by invading other countries and taking parts of their territory (Sudetenland in Czechoslovakia, for instance) that had a large ethnic German population, he was just trying to unite his people under one government. Well, Crimea had a large ethnic Russian population, and is now part of Russia. There are a lot of former Soviet bloc countries over there that have large ethnic Russian populations. What remains to be seen is if Putin keeps this up. If he tries this in another country, then that’ll get us a step closer to World War 3. If he stops here, then perhaps relations can be mended. Regardless, I’d be surprised if U.S. – Russian relations improve before both Obama and Putin are out of their respective offices. It takes time for leaders to go from war threats and sanctions to peace talks and trade agreements.

Weasel wrote:

I don’t know if you are trying to sound serious or trying to start up a conspiracy conversation.

I'm pretty serious. It's not totally ridiculous like *cough*9/11wasaninsidejob*cough*. Just look at how Putin is acting and how he took Crimea with the same excuse Hitler used for taking Czechoslovakia. He has troops near the Ukranian border that are fully armed. I think there are about 20,000 from what I've read. If he wanted to stop at Crimea, not sure why they'd be there. The US is still trying to negotiate with him, but we'll see what happens.

Happening prediction:
>Russia invades eastern Ukraine
>EU/Obama wag their fingers, comparisons to Chamberlain are made
>guerilla war ensues
>slavs and Caucus Muslims team up
>"Russia annexes half of Moldova":http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/23/russia-ukraine-annex-moldova-trans-dniester-nato
>China starts getting concerned about Russia fucking up their mines and oil Central Asia
>tactfully supports a US/EU lead activation of Resolution 377
>UN General Assembly emergency session bitch slaps Russia, since they have no sphere of influence
>United Nations Peacekeeping Mission to the Ukraine is established
>Ukraine, Austria, the remaining Balkan countries, and the Caucus countries join NATO
>Europe starts looking to outside partners for their gas/oil
>[fracking intensifies]
>Koch Bros wring hands evilly that their plan was successful

Last edited Mar 26, 2014 at 07:49PM EDT

xTSGx wrote:

Happening prediction:
>Russia invades eastern Ukraine
>EU/Obama wag their fingers, comparisons to Chamberlain are made
>guerilla war ensues
>slavs and Caucus Muslims team up
>"Russia annexes half of Moldova":http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/23/russia-ukraine-annex-moldova-trans-dniester-nato
>China starts getting concerned about Russia fucking up their mines and oil Central Asia
>tactfully supports a US/EU lead activation of Resolution 377
>UN General Assembly emergency session bitch slaps Russia, since they have no sphere of influence
>United Nations Peacekeeping Mission to the Ukraine is established
>Ukraine, Austria, the remaining Balkan countries, and the Caucus countries join NATO
>Europe starts looking to outside partners for their gas/oil
>[fracking intensifies]
>Koch Bros wring hands evilly that their plan was successful

You may be slightly joking, but its scary how accurate this is. If Russia does indeed invade Eastern Ukraine, I'm almost sure some big time Chamberlain-esque shit will go down. Also, I did not know about that Moldova thing. It makes sense when you think about it.

Funny mentioning Russia. My friend said he swam to Siberia, wrestled and killed a bear with his bare hands, and used the dead bear to kill a KGB official over the weekend.

Yeah don't ask.

Alaska will be pretty integral. Obama will need to mass bunkers and siege tanks, maybe make a few Ravens for stealth detection. If he can do that he can stop Putin from bum rushing Canada.

Jarl Balgruuf wrote:

Alaska will be pretty integral. Obama will need to mass bunkers and siege tanks, maybe make a few Ravens for stealth detection. If he can do that he can stop Putin from bum rushing Canada.

Canada? I think the americans would be happy about if the russians bum rushing Canada. (Or just go there to kill JB)

Last edited Mar 27, 2014 at 04:51AM EDT

It really does look like that there's a serious tug of war going on over Ukraine.

While I doubt there'll be a World War 3, the whole situation might start a second cold war.
I don't know why Putin's starting this dick-measuring contest by dickslapping the Ukraine, but it only proves that he's a humongous bully.

MDFification wrote:

Actually once Putin takes the Ukraine he still has 5 more territories to grab until he has the +5 troop bonus for taking Europe.

He not gonna get my country again!

MDFification wrote:

Actually once Putin takes the Ukraine he still has 5 more territories to grab until he has the +5 troop bonus for taking Europe.

If we build walls to double city defense and put units to defend there will be a +100% for fortifying.

Spider-Byte wrote:

If we build walls to double city defense and put units to defend there will be a +100% for fortifying.

I have better idea. Why don't we kidnap Natalia and offer a deal to Putin, we will not give his waifu to JonTron if he gets off Ukraine and puts down with the plan of world dominition.

Based on how this looks, Russia will have the upper hand for a while, but if this actually goes to war, Putin will most certainly lose. Russia has almost no allies. They're sort of palsy with China, but I doubt China would help them in a war. One country is definitely not enough for a third World War, just like John said.

Slutty Sam wrote:

Based on how this looks, Russia will have the upper hand for a while, but if this actually goes to war, Putin will most certainly lose. Russia has almost no allies. They're sort of palsy with China, but I doubt China would help them in a war. One country is definitely not enough for a third World War, just like John said.

But one with nukes would be enough to blast the humanity back to the cavemen age.

Just give Russia it's god damn warm water port and be done with it. If history ever said anything, it is that the Slavics hate each other without end, the only thing they hate worse then each other is probably the Turks.

I don't wish to generalize, but I am more concerned about america's european 'we of neutral' allies whom tend to be iffy towards supporting the United States. Germany I can see joining us, but France had pulled their support before because 'we hate war' shtick which tends to be all the rage. If one wants Russia to back down, either do stop them or do not stop them, don't give them the 'hey. hey. stop. pls stop. I beg u. don't. pllssssssss." shtick.

Chickenhound the Cruel said:

Just give Russia it’s god damn warm water port and be done with it.

The irony is that even though they now have their beloved warm water port they've been seeking for three centuries, they still can't do shit with it, since they need Turkey's permission every time one of their warships leaves the Black Sea. Which, now that I think about it, could lead to the next happening.

Last edited Mar 28, 2014 at 04:36PM EDT

Chickenhound the Cruel wrote:

Just give Russia it's god damn warm water port and be done with it. If history ever said anything, it is that the Slavics hate each other without end, the only thing they hate worse then each other is probably the Turks.

I don't wish to generalize, but I am more concerned about america's european 'we of neutral' allies whom tend to be iffy towards supporting the United States. Germany I can see joining us, but France had pulled their support before because 'we hate war' shtick which tends to be all the rage. If one wants Russia to back down, either do stop them or do not stop them, don't give them the 'hey. hey. stop. pls stop. I beg u. don't. pllssssssss." shtick.

Giving them something to appease them and stop them from taking more land? Hmmmmm… Sounds familiar.

The Doc has a good point that I had made before. If Russia was backed into a corner and decided to use nukes, the entire human species would be basically screwed. I have to go with Blue Screen on this and I sincerely hope that war does not come. Like people are saying above, Turkey might help us since they hate the Russians so much and Ukraine is near them, but Turkey hates us just as much, so that doesn't seem realistic.

Slutty Sam wrote:

Giving them something to appease them and stop them from taking more land? Hmmmmm… Sounds familiar.

The Doc has a good point that I had made before. If Russia was backed into a corner and decided to use nukes, the entire human species would be basically screwed. I have to go with Blue Screen on this and I sincerely hope that war does not come. Like people are saying above, Turkey might help us since they hate the Russians so much and Ukraine is near them, but Turkey hates us just as much, so that doesn't seem realistic.

Well. . .that was quick.

Time to put on my Neville Chamberlain mask and my 'I suck hitler's sausage' teeshirt.

>Hitler annexes Sudetenland
>West does nothing
>Hitler annexes rest of Czechoslovakia
>Hitler peacefully annexes Austria
>Hitler demands Danzig corridor through Poland
>West finally says no
>War
>US UK and USSR vs Germany+allies

>Putin annexes Crimea
>West does nothing
>Putin annexes rest of Ukraine
>Putin peacefully annexes Belarus
>Putin demands Kaliningrad corridor through the Baltic states
>West finally says no
>War
>US EU and China vs Russia+allies
>Nukes not used because no one in this day and age is dumb enough to use a nuke (MAD and all that…)

so whaddaya think? this plausible?

Der Fallschirmjager wrote:

>Hitler annexes Sudetenland
>West does nothing
>Hitler annexes rest of Czechoslovakia
>Hitler peacefully annexes Austria
>Hitler demands Danzig corridor through Poland
>West finally says no
>War
>US UK and USSR vs Germany+allies

>Putin annexes Crimea
>West does nothing
>Putin annexes rest of Ukraine
>Putin peacefully annexes Belarus
>Putin demands Kaliningrad corridor through the Baltic states
>West finally says no
>War
>US EU and China vs Russia+allies
>Nukes not used because no one in this day and age is dumb enough to use a nuke (MAD and all that…)

so whaddaya think? this plausible?

Once again, you underestimate the hatred the Slavics feel for each other.

More like;

>Russia annexes a part of Crimea
>Georgia is outraged
>Serbia is outraged
>Everyone is outraged
>No one is fine, not even Russia
>Putin in tight political spot
>"I know, let's invade the rest of Crimea. You see russia, when you invade rest of country, the western pigs will not attack you out of fear of unleashing bears upon them."
>United States hiccups I guess
>Kay
>Crimea is now apart of Russia again
>Slavic revolt
>Slavic revolt
>Slavic revolt
>Russian revolt
>God dammit
>Ukraine a country again
>Serbs rejoice at resounding victory, because all land is serbia and all non-serbs are pitiful evil kebab.
>Georgians revolt I guess
>Serbs revolt because I don't know
>Bosnians revolt
>Putin killed by car bomb
>Slavics destroy Turkey in order to vent unreasonable rage and druknen stupor
>Rest of the world generally confused

Tl;dr Slavics really hate each other, and I mean they are unique in fact they cannot stand each other, especially the Russians.

The likelihood Russia actually will invade is poor, because of how hostile the Slavic countries tend to be, especially to fellow Slavics. This isn't like the Germanics whom are generally unified sort of, the Slavic people just don't like each other.

It would also be politically retarded JUST to take land because 'lol the west is casual'. There actually needs to be places in which the Russians actually want for their own country. Like say. . . .a warm water port.

RandomMan wrote:

Aka, at least 75% of this entire thread.

Hey, at least it's somewhat relevant. Also, Godwin's law is pretty stupid in my opinion because it isn't always valid. Just because a guy with a smart-sounding name says something that is called a "law" doesn't mean it's always right. Not even sure how it's called a law when it's more of a snarky hypothesis. If someone hated Jews and wanted them all dead, would it really be inaccurate to compare them to Hitler? If you just have an argument in YouTube comments over MLP fanfictions and you compare your opponent to Hitler, then I guess Godwin's Law would work, but if a dictator president was taking land slowly but surely because there are people of his ethnicity in that land and because he knows no one will try to stop him, then is that really a bad comparison?

Godwins law is to be naturally expected here, RM because the conflict itself, directly invokes it

You saw the news reports where Russia accused the Ukraine opposition parties as being a bunch of neo-Nazi's

While at the same time this is happening, the US and UK both make the obvious WWII comparisons and call Russia out on their Hitler antics on public television.

I'm not exaggerating. Godwins law leaked into IRL and both Putin and Obama literally called each other Hitler

So you see, this thread didn't invoke Godwins law. Rather Godwins law is entirely part of the subject matter and has been from the start

Last edited Mar 28, 2014 at 10:15PM EDT

Chickenhound the Cruel wrote:

I'll have you know my great grandma was Slavic and she hated everyone equally, mister.

If something were to happen, where do you think the conflict will start? Will it be either in

East Asia (China, Taiwan, Japan, and the Koreas)
Middle East (Israel, Iran, and Syria)
or Eastern Europe (Russia, Ukraine and the Baltics)?

Last edited Mar 28, 2014 at 11:45PM EDT

Slutty Sam wrote:

Hey, at least it's somewhat relevant. Also, Godwin's law is pretty stupid in my opinion because it isn't always valid. Just because a guy with a smart-sounding name says something that is called a "law" doesn't mean it's always right. Not even sure how it's called a law when it's more of a snarky hypothesis. If someone hated Jews and wanted them all dead, would it really be inaccurate to compare them to Hitler? If you just have an argument in YouTube comments over MLP fanfictions and you compare your opponent to Hitler, then I guess Godwin's Law would work, but if a dictator president was taking land slowly but surely because there are people of his ethnicity in that land and because he knows no one will try to stop him, then is that really a bad comparison?

Murphy's law: If exists a valid law for something, there will be a guy who say it's not.

Penny wrote:

Murphy's law: If exists a valid law for something, there will be a guy who say it's not.

Murphy's Law reads that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.

Cunningham's Law much?

RandomMan wrote:

Murphy's Law reads that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.

Cunningham's Law much?

Cunningham? Why not Comstock?

Kurt Warner's Ghost said:

If something were to happen, where do you think the conflict will start?

Define "happen." If you mean a /pol/ style "world" happening, then Eastern Europe would be my guess. Middle eastern countries don't have enough alliances with the world powers to provoke an international war. Any war would be contained to the middle east.

China is way too dependent on its exports to the US to risk a war that would implode its economy and trigger mass protests and revolts.

Putin doesn't seem to give a shit about anything and that's always cause for concern since the rest of the world is a bunch of pussies when it comes to international diplomacy. The last time a major power's leader didn't give a shit and had the rest of the international community bend over, Godwin's Law was invented.

Last edited Mar 29, 2014 at 07:51PM EDT

Iamslow wrote:

I'll have you know my great grandma was Slavic and she hated everyone equally, mister.

In a world without chairs….who truly would be the master race???

The one which start creating chairs.

You guys realize that not every time Hitler is mentioned is an example of Godwin's law right? Saying "Omg! My boss is literally Hitler!!!!!" is an example of Godwin's law because Hitler was totally irrelevant to the situation and is used as a hyperbolic way to demean someone. Comparing a world leader who is annexing countries in the name of ethnic nationalism to someone who did the same thing is totally valid point.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Greetings! You must login or signup first!