Forums / Discussion / General

233,051 total conversations in 7,793 threads

+ New Thread

KYM Users' Nationality and Languages List

Last posted Dec 08, 2016 at 03:00PM EST. Added Nov 16, 2016 at 08:31PM EST
80 posts from 67 users

You thought the lists were dead? Hah! You make me laugh. The lists will never die. Once I am gone, my spirit will simply inhabit another user who will carry on the baton.

You will never escape the lists.

Alright, this one's for your nationality, and any and all languages that you speak. Here's the list. Simply post in this thread with your nationality and any languages that you speak, and I'll add you to it.

I also added a category for "alternative languages", such as those you are okay at but not really fluent at, or dead languages. Feel free to add those to your post if you want.

A few times concerns were brought up over the multiple things I've done involving gathering information from KYM and its users. So, here are my guarantees.

What It Says On The Box: What I say is what will be done. The information provided for the birthday list goes on the birthday list, and I won't put it anywhere else. Of course, I can't guarantee that everyone else will do the same. Remember, you are making the information public.

Others Above Myself: I will never use any data I collect to benefit myself at the expense of others. For example, I will not use the data to shame, dox, embarrass, or otherwise hurt others in such a manner.

Individual Privacy Is Important: In some cases, it's obvious that the information you provide will be made public (e.g. the Birthday List). In other cases, however, I will strive to make sure that the information is anonymous. Should you make it clear who you are regardless, public releases will have it censored slightly.

Last edited Nov 16, 2016 at 08:50PM EST

AMERICA. Fluent in English and best dead language Latin (well, as fluent as you can be) and I'm getting there on my Spanish, been using an app. You don't really speak Latin tho.

I can also ask David what he would like to eat for the party in Chinese… my little sister speaks it fluently and that's what she says when people ask her to say something because it sounds REALLY impressive if you don't know what she's saying. I use it to win bar bets.

Nationality: Dutch
Languages: Dutch (first language), English (fluent on all fronts, second language), German (read and understand decent enough, throw it under alternative at best).

Sometimes people are still shocked to find out English isn't my first language, including OP the discriminating cunt >:U

Nationality: Spaniard
Languages: Spanish, Catalan, English.

Also I kinda understand Portuguese and Italian, but don't ask me to speak it,

Lucky Absol wrote:

Nationality: English (British seems to be what other countries call us)
Language: English

Well somewhat but it has internal use as well. I have ancestry from all 3 of England, Wales and Scotland so I don't fit neatly into one of those 3 categories. Therefore I feel "British" is the most accurate descriptor for someone like myself.

In answer to the thread

Nationality: British
Languages: English, Welsh

Nationality: Polish, although my grandparents and everyone before were technically Germans because border changes
Languages: Native Polish, also speaking Silesian dialect
Mostly self-taught English, kinda half-decent with it
School-taught German, no further than A2
Bare-bone basics of Latin
Also writing my own fictional language because boredom

Nationality: Mexican

Languages: Spanish, English, Italian (for the latter, even though I'm in an ongoing learning process, I can understand it pretty well. My writing and speaking skills are currently on a normal level, not basic, nor advanced, just normal).

Nationality: half-American, half-Filipino

Languages: English, Tagalog (Filipino), and a bit of French (I can speak and read it, but have a hard time listening to others speaking French)

Nationality: Hungarian, maybe some austrian on the very far side
Languages: Native Hungarian, fluent German(bit rusty) & English and some very rude basic Russian reading and speaking

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!