Forums / Discussion / General

233,339 total conversations in 7,803 threads

+ New Thread

Sudden usage of accounts that haven't been active in 3 years?

Last posted Sep 03, 2018 at 11:33PM EDT. Added Sep 02, 2018 at 04:54PM EDT
8 posts from 4 users

Not sure where something like this would go but I noticed a trend in the High Guardian Spice comments that some other users such as Nedhitis have also taken note of.

So the three most recent comments of a similar vein that essentially post "this article bad and I hate kym" are by the users "Lightning Derp", "Captain Yesterday", and "Bladow the Bledgehog". All three of them suddenly began posting recently. Lightning and Captain both posted on this image:

While Lightning's post is currently in the negative, Captain received a disproportionately high number of upvotes in his comment, while the person he replied to received a disproportionately high number of downvotes (Paper Jam Dipper also received high upvotes).

That on its own isn't much to say, but Captain Yesterday had a similar experience occur in a post he made three years ago:

All three users comment on similar images (usually regarding "the animation community") as each other, and while I can't verify this hacking/sockpuppeting without a shadow of a doubt, I'd appreciate some looking into it, if possible.

Same accounts, excluding more. Deactivated all the alts and suspended the root of it. Thanks to Kotor and Twist as well for digging through it.

Last edited Sep 02, 2018 at 05:53PM EDT

We have no interest in fueling witchhunts or further drama. So while you're free to dig it up, I'm not gonna share it.

Issue's been resolved and that's that.

Fresh Dippy wrote:

Glad this issue has benn resolved. I also glad my assumption was right all along but I doubt it’s over. Someday, similar things might happen in future.

>Dip

Can you wield the sins this name carries?

>creating multiple accounts with passwords, email addresses, avatars, etc.
>logging into and out of them on a daily basis to upvote/downvote comments and images
>all so your comments on a meme website can look better
That's some Arcanine-tier wretchedness.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!