Forums / Discussion / General

233,053 total conversations in 7,793 threads

+ New Thread

Have you ever been embarrased by any part of your name because it's shared with a fictional character?

Last posted Nov 11, 2022 at 09:35PM EST. Added Nov 09, 2022 at 08:48PM EST
6 posts from 6 users

This is something that I have had heard of many times before and has been a case for me, but only recently I've decided to make it a discussion. For example, Doug Walker has mentioned before how the cartoon "Doug" caused his peers in school to make fun of him for having that name. Recently I just watched TomSka's retrospective of Thomas & Friends where he mentioned he was made fun of for having the name Thomas because of the shared name, causing him to go just by Tom from then on.

Watching him mention that reminded me of what I have done in the past. While I was never made fun of for it (luckily) I was feeling self-conscious of my middle name being Patrick. By the time I was in 5th grade, SpongeBob had reached its peak in popularity, and I thought that having a middle name that was the same as one the most famously stupid characters of all time would cause me to be teased about it, so I would shorten it to Pat whenever I had to say my middle name.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!