Forums / Discussion / General

232,986 total conversations in 7,790 threads

+ New Thread

The thread of regrets

Last posted Feb 02, 2023 at 12:33AM EST. Added Jan 05, 2023 at 04:43PM EST
12 posts from 10 users

Sometimes waiting to buy something isn't a good idea as you'll only end up paying MORE later. I recently caved and bought a brand new Wii U Pro Controller and it cost me over $100. You might be going "why the fuck did you buy it for that price?" I guess it's just genuine FOMO kicking in big time, I'm trying to buy up pretty much whatever I can for my Wii U before Nintendo's support for the console ends entirely in March (I also have trust issues with used/refurbished gaming items, so sure a refurbished Wii U Pro controller would have cost less than $50 but then I'd have a worry of "what if the thing comes in and some of the buttons don't work right due to a botched repair?").

Also I missed out on some games back when they were new and I look back and wonder why I didn't get them back when I had the chance. For example I missed out on Mario Kart: Double Dash back in the day and I genuinely don't know why I did despite Mario Kart being a series I've always enjoyed, and given how often I see people still sing its praises as maybe the best game in the series I sometimes then worry "since I didn't play it when it was new, if I have no nostalgia associated with it will I feel the same way or be let down by hype?" (one infamous example of mine is I didn't play Morrorwind until after playing Oblivion and Skyrim, and after seeing all the praise people heap on it I went into Morrorwind with high hopes, and I came away going "dude I just don't see the hype…" as some aspects of the game feel needlessly clunky, I hate how slow your starting movement speed is unless you pick VERY specific traits early on, and combat felt too unresponsive for my liking).

One of my biggest regrets on internet was creating accounts by using my real name because I was a bit obssessed with how e-celebs Said their real names like PewDiePie, Markiplier, Tobuscus, 8-bit Ryan and Smosh.
Due to High School (luckily) I didn't have time to make videos and all and even thought once that I won't go to college. I decided to go there and saved me from becoming a mindless micro-celebrity on Twitter.
As for stuff outside internet, I have no proper choice.

Wolfenstein the New Colossus which I felt was a disappointing sequel to the wonderful TNO/TOB games that came before it. Wish I had gone with the Evil Within 2 which was markedly superior over the first game. Both published by Bethesda and both released in the same month, felt like I backed the wrong horse there.

I bought SWTOR shortly after release. I think 2 or 3 days after. Honestly I wasn't even that hyped for it. The only reason I even bothered was because I've never been part of an MMO release before. So I wanted to experience it.

Fast forward and we all know how things turned out 🤡
Looking at the box still pisses me off to this day

Last edited Jan 06, 2023 at 01:34PM EST

Crookey Man wrote:

One of my biggest regrets on internet was creating accounts by using my real name because I was a bit obssessed with how e-celebs Said their real names like PewDiePie, Markiplier, Tobuscus, 8-bit Ryan and Smosh.
Due to High School (luckily) I didn't have time to make videos and all and even thought once that I won't go to college. I decided to go there and saved me from becoming a mindless micro-celebrity on Twitter.
As for stuff outside internet, I have no proper choice.

And when I mean choice, I don't know what my biggest regret was

My biggest regret as of late is probably just how much I sank into cryptocurrency in 2021. I put in over 11,000$ into it, which has decreased in value to below 1,500$. If I had kept that money, I'd be in quite a better position in life in 2023.

I haven't sold put what I put into crypto yet, I'm just hoping for what I have to go back to a value worth recouperating. Otherwise, I guess I'll have to be content with watching the ship I had sink and moving on.

Gaming related, my biggest regret is not using more spare time to develop a game.

Last edited Jan 07, 2023 at 11:08PM EST

Around 2 years ago, my laptop broke. My mom's friend's friend said he'd fix it, so we gave it to him and I never saw the laptop since then. I regret not having a proper back-up of all my files and also trusting those people.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hauu! You must login or signup first!