Sometime you want to read the most important comments like who wants to bang a fictional character and sometimes you want to ignore and hide the nitwits that are discussing politics in an unrelated entry. Well there is a way to hide all the comments from any undesirable user.
Here is how:
1. Install uBlock in your preferred browser
2. Find any comment of the user you want to block, right click on their user name and select “inspect”.
3: find: data-owner-id and copy and paste the number in Notepad or a similar program
4. Now, go to uBlock dash board
5. Go to My filters
6. Copy and paste this in My filters knowyourmeme.com##[data-owner-id='xxxxxx']
7. Copy and paste the “data-owner-id” number over xxxxxx
9. Apply changes and you are done.
What will this do?
-this will block all the comments (past, present and future) from that specific user
-however the comments from others user that reply to the blocked one will still appear in the comment section and can be kind of confusing since they are replying to something that is not there from your pov
-if you have notifications ON you will still receive a notification email from the blocked user if this one reply your videos, images or comments. i recommend turning off notifications.
- All Forum post from the specific user will also be blocked
- Images thumbnail from images uploaded by the blocked users will still appear however the images on their post will be blocked
I know this is not the best method but i wanted to do something since KYM doesn’t have a hide and ignore option.