Forums / Discussion / General

233,015 total conversations in 7,791 threads

+ New Thread

How to block/hide all comments from any KYM user

Last posted Feb 03, 2023 at 05:59PM EST. Added Jan 21, 2023 at 09:55PM EST
18 posts from 15 users

Sometime you want to read the most important comments like who wants to bang a fictional character and sometimes you want to ignore and hide the nitwits that are discussing politics in an unrelated entry. Well there is a way to hide all the comments from any undesirable user.

Here is how:

1. Install uBlock in your preferred browser

2. Find any comment of the user you want to block, right click on their user name and select “inspect”.

3: find: data-owner-id and copy and paste the number in Notepad or a similar program

4. Now, go to uBlock dash board

5. Go to My filters

6. Copy and paste this in My filters knowyourmeme.com##[data-owner-id='xxxxxx']

7. Copy and paste the “data-owner-id” number over xxxxxx

9. Apply changes and you are done.

What will this do?
-this will block all the comments (past, present and future) from that specific user
-however the comments from others user that reply to the blocked one will still appear in the comment section and can be kind of confusing since they are replying to something that is not there from your pov
-if you have notifications ON you will still receive a notification email from the blocked user if this one reply your videos, images or comments. i recommend turning off notifications.
- All Forum post from the specific user will also be blocked
- Images thumbnail from images uploaded by the blocked users will still appear however the images on their post will be blocked

I know this is not the best method but i wanted to do something since KYM doesn’t have a hide and ignore option.

Enjoy.

Last edited Jan 21, 2023 at 09:58PM EST

If they can just block me, how will I harvest my sweet sweet downvotes now?

You've ruined me sir!

Last edited Jan 22, 2023 at 08:24AM EST

Cutting out sections of the discussion is almost never worth it. If someone is saying something out of line, it is better to know about it. I don't block on other platforms, and I certainly won't start here.

blank profile pic wrote:

Doesn't get rid of that stupid "ReDdIt MoMeNtS" Bot, -100/1000 complete waste of time.

I guess it's cool that content from other sites gets archived somewhere, but that doesn't excuse the fact that it spams the site with poorly tagged low quality content that's overly difficult to avoid.

Last edited Jan 31, 2023 at 12:05PM EST

Kenetic Kups wrote:

yes turning the site into a circlejerk is a bad thing

>Circle jerks are what happen you ignore someone for being a douche
lol okay bud
The website is already a circle jerk.

Steve wrote:

>Circle jerks are what happen you ignore someone for being a douche
lol okay bud
The website is already a circle jerk.

If we want to get specific, it's more like two or three circlejerks in constant conflict with one another.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!