Forums / Discussion / General

233,284 total conversations in 7,801 threads

+ New Thread

"NSFW" is now "Sensitive" in entries

Last posted May 23, 2024 at 05:56AM EDT. Added May 22, 2024 at 06:09PM EDT
5 posts from 5 users

I've thankfully been spared from the new layout so far, but one other thing I've noticed, that I think everyone should be aware of, is that the "NSFW" badge in entries and their thumbnails has been changed to "Sensitive" for some reason. Like in the entry submission form, it's also now a checkbox on the image upload form, though the same old NSFW thumbnail still appears in use.

While this may not be as dramatic and noticeable as a layout redesign, I still find it an unnecessary and potentially confusing change (possibly cooked up by the same brilliant mind) of a familiar, long-standing feature. Make sure your boss doesn't catch you on what are now "sensitive" pages.

I found this while collecting data on confirmed entries for an update to this study I did in 2016 on meme origins.

insane that I joined twelve whole-ass years ago and there's still no option to show NSFW images by default, but I'm glad we can take the time out of our day for a pointless name change that doesn't benefit anyone. except, you know, advertisers.

Greetings! You must login or signup first!