Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,722 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
What pokemon type would you most likely be?

Last posted Jul 08, 2012 at 08:49PM EDT. Added Jul 08, 2012 at 04:43PM EDT
36 posts from 18 users

Shall we start?

I think I would end up being a Ghost type pokemon.

Because I think Ghost type pokemons reflect how much of a annoying, sneaky, cold-hearted douchbag I can be.

I dunno. Lol.

Seriously though, I think electric because (as someone with ADHD) I can be pretty hyper. Also, I know a good bit about electricity and the like. I just think its cool.

Last edited Jul 08, 2012 at 05:04PM EDT

This is actually tough for me.

I'm pragmatic, calculating, utterly ruthless, seeking to best my opposition at any cost. Even if that means looking like a complete bastard afterwards.

At the same time, I prefer to be versatile, well rounded, with the ability to shift and change my tactics as a battle progresses and maneuver around my enemy to expose their weaknesses.

Yet despite all that, I really do want the best for people. Unless they go out of their way to hurt others, of course.

I just can't decide. One thing I do know for certain is that I wouldn't be a single type, though.

American Tanker, Hell on Tracks wrote:

I'm pragmatic, calculating, utterly ruthless, seeking to best my opposition at any cost. Even if that means looking like a complete bastard afterwards.

At the same time, I prefer to be versatile, well rounded, with the ability to shift and change my tactics as a battle progresses and maneuver around my enemy to expose their weaknesses.

Yet despite all that, I really do want the best for people. Unless they go out of their way to hurt others, of course.

I just can't decide. One thing I do know for certain is that I wouldn't be a single type, though.

I'm just kidding. Eh, if you can't find a type that fits you then look for the one you like.

Psychic. No matter what, I've always had a special like of Psychic-types. They're smart and have awesome moves. Look at my avatar! It's me using Psychic powers to juggle Pokéballs.

Mexx Android wrote:

I'm just kidding. Eh, if you can't find a type that fits you then look for the one you like.

I don't know if there are any that I particularly like, though.

My only experience with the franchise is literally a copy of Yellow that I haven't had for years and hardly remember any of, and the little bits and pieces they show in the SSB games.

And even with that considered, I don't really know enough to really make any kind of educated guess about anything relating to the franchise. I'm lost here.

Anyone mind giving me a brief description of each type, and a few G1 examples of each to try to jog my memory?

I don't know if there are any that I particularly like, though.

My only experience with the franchise is literally a copy of Yellow that I haven't had for years and hardly remember any of, and the little bits and pieces they show in the SSB games.

And even with that considered, I don't really know enough to really make any kind of educated guess about anything relating to the franchise. I'm lost here.

Anyone mind giving me a brief description of each type, and a few G1 examples of each to try to jog my memory?

Here are the Types:
Normal
Fire
Fighting
Water
Flying
Grass
Poison
Electric
Ground
Psychic
Rock
Ice
Bug
Dragon
Ghost
Dark
Steel
(I think you would be Steel)

Last edited Jul 08, 2012 at 05:16PM EDT

Adam DeLand wrote:

I guess Normal, I'm not that in touch with certain elements. A close second would probably be Psychic.

HOLY SHIT, YOU'RE MELOETTA

Mexx Android wrote:

Here are the Types:
Normal
Fire
Fighting
Water
Flying
Grass
Poison
Electric
Ground
Psychic
Rock
Ice
Bug
Dragon
Ghost
Dark
Steel
(I think you would be Steel)

I had asked for descriptions and examples…

I still have no idea what I'd be.

Psychic, maybe? I don't know. I guess I kinda am the "head games" type, messing with people's heads by making them guess how I'll fight them. Ghost, possibly, because I do prefer to use stealth and surprise to take the advantage. Maybe even a little bit of Dark type because I am willing to go to just about any length to defeat my enemies.

I'm still confused as all hell, though.

EDIT: Steel does seem apt because of my current obsession with World of Tanks, I'll give you that, but I really don't see it in me most of the time.

Last edited Jul 08, 2012 at 05:23PM EDT

I had asked for descriptions and examples…

I still have no idea what I'd be.

Psychic, maybe? I don't know. I guess I kinda am the "head games" type, messing with people's heads by making them guess how I'll fight them. Ghost, possibly, because I do prefer to use stealth and surprise to take the advantage. Maybe even a little bit of Dark type because I am willing to go to just about any length to defeat my enemies.

I'm still confused as all hell, though.

EDIT: Steel does seem apt because of my current obsession with World of Tanks, I'll give you that, but I really don't see it in me most of the time.

Just find the Type that reflects your personality or just yourself. Look for the various pokemons you feel you would have a bond with. If there is one pokemon that reflects you in
personalty and in type, then that's yours( I guess).

Mine is this for example:
I would be a Ghost type(as stated in the first post.)
I would also be a Sableye. He sorta reflect who I am.

Please be Metagross or Bisharp.

Mexx Android wrote:

Just find the Type that reflects your personality or just yourself. Look for the various pokemons you feel you would have a bond with. If there is one pokemon that reflects you in
personalty and in type, then that's yours( I guess).

Mine is this for example:
I would be a Ghost type(as stated in the first post.)
I would also be a Sableye. He sorta reflect who I am.

Please be Metagross or Bisharp.

Eh, if I knew anything past G1, I might be willing to consider picking something that isn't G1.

As it stands, I hardly remember any of G1, and I know effectively nil about any other generation.

Psychic, Ghost and maybe Dark (having read little bits and pieces about it on TV Tropes) seem to reflect my personality best. But even then, I haven't got a clue what I'd be.

Maybe just a Normal type that has moves available from every other type? I don't know.

Eh, if I knew anything past G1, I might be willing to consider picking something that isn't G1.

As it stands, I hardly remember any of G1, and I know effectively nil about any other generation.

Psychic, Ghost and maybe Dark (having read little bits and pieces about it on TV Tropes) seem to reflect my personality best. But even then, I haven't got a clue what I'd be.

Maybe just a Normal type that has moves available from every other type? I don't know.

Having a normal type pokemon with all available type moves?
You are either Mew or Arceus…
NOPE
You can be ditto, though.
He might be pathetic looking but he can copy all pokemon moves and type.

Mexx Android wrote:

Having a normal type pokemon with all available type moves?
You are either Mew or Arceus…
NOPE
You can be ditto, though.
He might be pathetic looking but he can copy all pokemon moves and type.

I'm not saying I'd have to have literally every move in the book. Maybe just low- to mid-level variants, like Thundershock or Thunderbolt, but not the full power Thunder, for instance.

EDIT: Think the Red Mage archetype from the Final Fantasy franchise, or the Sentinel archetype from the Mass Effect series. Maybe not the most powerful in any one area, but extremely versatile and adaptable. That's what I'd want to be.

Last edited Jul 08, 2012 at 05:47PM EDT

I'm not saying I'd have to have literally every move in the book. Maybe just low- to mid-level variants, like Thundershock or Thunderbolt, but not the full power Thunder, for instance.

EDIT: Think the Red Mage archetype from the Final Fantasy franchise, or the Sentinel archetype from the Mass Effect series. Maybe not the most powerful in any one area, but extremely versatile and adaptable. That's what I'd want to be.

It's okay if you don't Mr.Serious. It's like I'm not gonna force you to make a decision in this thread of which pokemon type you are.

But, eh, just think about it.

Lich wrote:

I have so much potential. I wonder what I'll turn out to be?

Get it? Because you're The Frosty Lich!
I'll shut up now.

@American Tanker
Well Nair I can give some details of some of the Pokemon types and their cons and pros from Bulbapedia.

• Normal:Most Basic Type
    Most Normal Pokemon don't have a second type but when they do it's usually flying.
    Stats are somewhat balance for most Normals Top 3 Being HP, Attack and Speed.
    Their moves don't do much against Rock or Steel Type.
    Their weak to Fighting Type Moves.
    Battles between Normal type and Ghost Type usually don't even start because Neither of them can Damage to the other Type.
    Their common and they have the most moves available.
  • Fighting:Powerful Type
    Half of Fighting Types are Pure Fighting Types, Other Half is Half Fighting Type.
    They have a boast in Attact Stats.
    Their Fighting Moves are Strong against Normal, Rock, Steel, Ice, and Dark,
    but not to Poison, Flying, Bug, or Psychc.
    They have a good Defensive against Bug, Dark, and Rock Type moves,
    but their weak to Flying and Psychc.
    They can't hit Ghost type but Ghost types can hit them.
    Their not Common but they have pretty strong moves.

I'll post more as I get them done so I don't end up making a TLDR Post geting ninja'd by 30 other postes.

Moar coming soon to a thread near you!

Last edited Jul 08, 2012 at 06:39PM EDT

I made a Mistake saying fighting types aren't common, sorry but they are.
Now for more types.

• Flying Type.
    Their Moves are Strong against Bug, Fight, and Grass Types,
    But not against Electric, Rock, and Steel Types.
    They Resist Bug, Fight and Grass Moves,
    But are are weak to Electric, Ice, and Rock Moves.
    They can Attack Ghost Types Unlike Normal and Fight,
    and They can't get hit by Ground Types.
    They have below averag Defense and Sp.Attack but Their pretty common and Fast.
  • Poison Type.
    Their Moves are Strong Against Grass, However not to Ground or Rock.
    They Resist to Bug, Fight, and Grass Moves, but thier weak to Ground and Psychc Moves.
    They can Attack Ghost Types but However only Half Damage,
    And they can't Attack Steel.
    Thier more Defensive then Offensive,
    As their moves are better to wear down opponents rather than to knock'em out quickly.
Last edited Jul 08, 2012 at 08:00PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo! You must login or signup first!