Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,738 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

Favorite Album

Last posted Nov 23, 2009 at 08:52PM EST. Added Nov 21, 2009 at 05:38PM EST
45 posts from 18 users

Not sure exactly, as I have not been able to get a hold of written lyrics. But it has a general war theme to it, with the title track being about Caesar's conquests. If I had to guess, I'd say that the album itself is about reviving the glory of the Roman Empire… or something like that.

BTW (this goes for all), I will do my very best NOT to go on tangents of hate over bands I don't like. I am aware of varying opinions.

I can't think of one favorite album, so I'll just put my favorites

I love this album. David Bowie is awesome.

My fav album from the last ten years (tied with Elephant and Favourite Worst Nightmares)

One of the best albums of all time, though one of the most underrated. Definitely The Who's best work ever.

I remembered another one

Axis: Bold as Love – The Jimi Hendrix Experience

EDIT: @Joeflims
Quad is where it's at. And A Quick One, solely because of the Batman theme song.

Well, I can't decide which my favorite album is specifically, so I'll just list my favorite albums from my top 5 favorite bands (bands in order of favoritism).

5. One-X by Three Days Grace

4. The Black Swan by Story of the Year

3. Clumsy by Our Lady Peace

2. Liberation Transmission by Lostprophets

1. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen – The Album by Assorted Artists (because my favorite song from my favorite band (Linkin Park) is in there along with a few other good bands' songs)

@frketson

DEI is also one of my favorites, but 33 is just what came to mind. Lotsa people tell me DEI is the best because of all the funny fusion elements and time signatures, and anything not wacky is boring and stupid, but…

I think obZen proves technical elements and heavier elements blend nicely.

Also, I forgots

Neurosis is the best post-y sludge-y metal band of all time. OF ALL TIME.

omg, i totally forgot about Obzen, i've listened to it only once. Gotta pop it back in to the ol ipod.

Whats your favourite song by them?? Mine has to be Stengah, that is just 100% epic.

Never heard of Neurosis, will give them a look.

Also to stay on topic:

@drnic: They're alternative, sort of hard to put into words. Here's one of the songs off their album:

More of my favorites, in no particular order:

@frk

I also like Sengah, as well as Suffer in Truth, Dancer to a Discordant System, Perpetual Black Second, New Millenium Cyanide Christ, Lethargica, the song obZen, Bleed, I, Pravus, but most important of all, 7:10 into "In Death – Is Death" on 33 all the way to the end of the album is one of the mont crazy piece of music I have ever heared. Totally redefined the way I look at music.

And for a swift change of style…

Emerson, Lake & Palmer is an insane Progressive group.

@kill and blubber

I already swore I wouldn't pick at others. So there.

By the way…

Contains the greatest 20 minutet song ever. I once listened to it 5 times straight in a car ride from Atlanta, Georgia to Gainesville, Florida.

Right now, I think I have a new favorite album.
http://i10.tinypic.com/65zc09v.gif

I'm linking out to the cover rather than embedding it. Mostly because of the dead Jew.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!