Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Holy Grail of meme artifacts now available for purchase: Chris-Chan's Shirt

Last posted Apr 20, 2017 at 11:47PM EDT. Added Apr 20, 2017 at 08:14PM EDT
6 posts from 5 users

Christian/Christine Weston Chandler, true and original creator of Sonichu and Rosechu the electric-hedgehog Pokemon and the city of CWCville, Virginia is desperate for money. His family's financial situation is dire, so he has begun selling personal items in the hopes that his internet infamy will stave off their bankruptcy for just a little long. Or he'll blow it on toys. Today, he put one of his most iconic possessions on eBay:

His classic clown shirt.

Apparently, it survived the house fire that destroyed much of Chris-Chan's clothes by hiding in the bottom of a wet laundry pile.It is now moldy and torn, so he says part of the money will go towards restoration. Essentially, he's selling an old shirt he hasn't worn in years.

As of this writing, it has fourteen bids at $25,100 and the auction will still be up for a day. I can't tell if the bidders are trolling or not. On one hand, there are few items so deeply connected with memes than the shirt which Chris not only wore, but drew himself wearing in Sonichu. It's a chance to own a piece of meme history. On the other hand, twenty-five grand is a lot of money to spend on dirty laundry and Chris-Chan is far from an A-list celebrity.

For those of you who are interested, be warned: about a week ago, Chris put a middle school art project on eBay, where it sold for $1,500. He spent all the money ahead of time on bills, food, toys, and a gold necklace. Then he failed to mail out the item. The buyer complained to PayPal, who removed the profit from his account, putting him in the red. Imagine this happening with $25,000+. Whether you will actually get the item is up in the air.

Last edited Apr 20, 2017 at 08:23PM EDT

Sugary Salt wrote:

I just want to point out that the seller's(I'm guessing a family member of his) name is "pristine christine".
I dunno, I just found that amusing.

Chris decided he was trans and had his name changed to Christine. From what I've seen, trans people find him disgusting and have disowned him, refusing to welcome him in their communities. Same as autistic people.

Also, here's a video of Chris announcing the auction:

First time he's worn the shirt or medallion in ages, I think.

Last edited Apr 20, 2017 at 11:55PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!