Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,709 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Favorite Fast Food Restaurants? (No, seriously)

Last posted Aug 04, 2017 at 12:25PM EDT. Added Aug 02, 2017 at 09:48PM EDT
7 posts from 6 users

It's ya boy Dude, comin' at ya with a leeeeegit food thread! I felt like making a thread on which fast food restaurant(s) are your favorite, or simply which ones you like the most. This seemed like the only place it would be appropriate (if there's a more appropriate place to put it, let me know). I don't expect it to go very far, but whatever.

Let me start:

Bojangles
Their chicken and biscuits are some good shit.

In-N-Out Burger
Definitely one of the more quality fast food restaurants I've been to. I've only had it twice, so I can't really say that much. The fries were really good, though.

Culver's
I've only eaten here recently (like two times), and I can definitely say it's really good, probably one of my favorites. Their butterburgers taste really good. Their custard isn't that bad, but I'll have to eat there some more.

Last edited Aug 02, 2017 at 09:49PM EDT

For this, I'm not gonna include fast-casual places. Basically, if they don't have a drive-thru, I won't count them.

Taco Bell
Say what you want, it's my favorite of the biggest chains. This is mostly due to the flavors I get from it, and their nacho cheese is just too tasty. The one downside to them: hard to eat in the car.

Popeyes
Even many business articles agree, this is miles better than KFC. Their chicken has much better flavor and crunch. Also they have actual fries instead of wedges like KFC, and their biscuits are nice and buttery. It's a shame there isn't one in Holland though (though there's plenty of other big chains we need here as well [cough]Dunkin Donuts[cough]).

Sonic
Also don't have one in Holland either, but have managed to go to other nearby. Mainly go there for the drive-in experience, but I really like their chili-cheese dog and want to try their pretzel dog with cheese and bacon sometime. Also it's the only place close enough where you can get fast boneless wings, unless Checkers starts doing it again or we get a Wingstop.

Bringing in my Texas bias here.
What-A-Burger
I love the fries and chicken strip sandwich there. Their coke is pretty good too.
Freddy's Steakburgers
Chicken strips, cheese fries, and their signature fry sauce. Three reasons why I like them.
Dairy Queen
Blizzards are great and the burgers are good.
Bush's Chicken
It's popular where I live, and the fries are okay.

Official fast food power ranking:

1. Chick-fil-a
It murders KFC and puts all other chicken sandwiches to shame, especially with their various sauces. Then again, given the salt and fat content, it's not surprising.

2. Wendy's
4 for 4 is one of the best deals in a while and it helps that their burgers have always tasted the best to me. The standard fast food option for me, even if their fries aren't as good as others.

3. Popeye's
Also murders KFC and gives Wendy's a run for its money. Great chicken and unique side dishes help it to stand out from the rest.

4. Taco Bell
Has really risen in the power rankings recently thanks to a string of really tasty outings with no bowel issues. Sadly, the increasing expensiveness of the tacos still drags it down even if the burritos remain a great value.

5. Burger King
The slugfest between Burger King and Mcdonalds will never end, but Burger King will always win for me. Their burgers have better flavor and their fries are bigger and tastier. Sadly, they're also more expensive, which drags them down.

6. Mcdonalds
The old standby. Their food's always good, but the competition's is usually much better. They used to have the price advantage, but have been abandoning it recently, much to their detrement.

[POWER GAP]

7. Arby's
Really good tasting, but damn is it expensive. If I want to pay 8 bucks for a meal, I'll just go to a sit down restaurant. My mom also got appendicitis after we last ate there, so that doesn't help it.

8. KFC
Has really sunk down after several mediocre outings and stiff chicken competition. They really need to work hard and improve if they want a fighting chance against Popeye's and Chick-fil-a.

Unranked:

Tim Horton's
Only ever had coffee and donuts from them, so have no idea what their actual food tastes like.

Five Guys
Never ate there, but have heart really good, if expensive, things about them.

Long John Silvers
It's been over a deacade since I last ate there and have no memory what it tasted like.

White Castle
Same as above.

A&W
Good floats, but can't quite remember the taste of their hot dogs.

Last edited Aug 03, 2017 at 06:07PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hello! You must login or signup first!