Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,706 total conversations in 9,942 threads

+ New Thread

Post random thoughts/ideas you've had over time

Last posted Jan 02, 2018 at 04:40AM EST. Added Dec 31, 2017 at 11:50PM EST
5 posts from 5 users

I know that's a vague title, but who really cares? It is for fun, after all…

Anyways, I've been having this random thought in my head as of recently, and I realized it would probably make a weird setting for a movie or something. (Even though it may be a bit cliche):

Basically, it'd involve a future where I.D, health cards, and credit cards are obsolete, and instead, you have this sorta "all-in-one" card you pay monthly, like a ISP,

These cards would be jammed into your wrist, and there'd be a barcode to scan them on scanners. It all sounds somewhat safe, and cliche sci-fi-like nonsense so far. But there's one little rule that changes this to something a bit darker.

These cards would power your human rights. So monthly, you'd have to pay for your human rights. This means that if you're ever hurt, or injured, or are a victim in a crime. Authorities could just scan your wrist, and say: "You didn't pay for your rights, man", and they'd revoke any justice, or democracy placed upon you.

Thus, this opens up a world where money and corruption has taken over people's rights.

Dunno, but I'd totally watch something like that. Well, I wouldn't watch that if it was reality, but you get what I mean.

Either way, if I'm not the only one who writes down things like this, then I dunno, post away.

When you think about it, our bodies are simply vehicles being driven by our brains. What we do, say, and act is all controlled by that little guy in our head and all of our mannerisms and subtle quirks are formed by the restrictions created by our "vessel". It's honestly kinda creepy when I think about it like that. At least personalities are formed by life experiences to balance it out.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!