Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,712 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

The Infinity Stones in Other Universes

Last posted Jan 31, 2019 at 03:50AM EST. Added Jan 31, 2019 at 03:50AM EST
1 post from 1 user

Okay, so y'know how the Marvel movies pulled this trick of introducing a few of the Infinity Gems as these other macguffins? The Tesseract, Loki's Scepter, the Eye of Agamotto and the Aether? Well, that got me thinking, how could that same trick be pulled if the Infinity Stones existed in other universe other than Marvel? Take Kingdom Hearts for example (just bear with me for a moment).

MIND; Castle Oblivion
It is quite fascinating, that a castle capable of reconfiguring itself into a new structure all together happens to possess the ability to manifest the memories and thoughts of those who entire it. I hardly doubt this was simply the Organization's doing since, well, it was not of their creation. They only came across this castle and found its unique properties a beneficial curiosity. And if we are to be logical, regarding what effects it had on Sora, was it really all just Namine's doing? Did she retain this power outside of this place? Who's to say….

TIME; The Gazing Eye (No Name)
How convenient that the keyblade without a true name possesses a unique eye that will allow the Master of Masters to observe the future, even as it is passed from apprentice to apprentice throughout the eons. And just what is it about this particular eye that even makes this feat possible? How is it that with this specific eye, the Master of Masters could have even written that fancy little Book of Prophecies of his? And one has to wonder, is simply seeing the future all this eye can do?

SPACE; The Star Shard
A most curious type of Gummi Block indeed. The only kind of block that can span entire galaxies without any other blocks attached, so much so it even has a consciousness of its own. Perhaps there is more to this simple little babble, perhaps in more capable hands it can actually obey its wielder and take them not just where they need to go but also where they want to go. And there has to be a reason why Yen Sid forbad Mickey from even touching the thing at all.

SOUL; The Keyblade of Heart
What even this this thing really? Is it really so simple as something that could only exist after the Keyblade War, something that can only be made manifest when the seven maidens of purest hearts are gathered? Speculation at best, after all this is a Keyblade capable of turning living beings into Heartless and Nobodies….and what are Heartless and Nobodies but those without that which makes someone truly alive?

REALITY; The World That Never Was
This world is the most connected, the most tied to the darkness, almost to a point that it shouldn't even exist. Yet here it is, an ever changing, shifting void that is suppose to be nothing at all but is in fact something. And it brings up an interesting question, if it is supposedly something that should not be, is it really suppose to be that large? Or is it really small? It could be anything I suppose, one just has to have a little perspective, maybe even some imagination.

POWER; Kingdom Hearts
Yes, the Heart of All Worlds….but which one? Apparently there's more than one to the point you can even forge a false one. And not only do they take on so many different shapes, they also represent different thing, the one of Worlds, the One of People's Hearts. And as such it also means different things to different people. Some see it as everlasting darkness, some see it as everlasting light, but I guess what all people can agree on is that, ultimate, what is Kingdom Hearts but power?

I'm kind of curious to see what you guys can come up with. Like say the Infinity Gems in DC Comics, in Transformers, in Dragon Ball, Dark Souls, Legend of Zelda, just whatever. Anything that has a substantial amount of macguffins in their established lore that could be candidates for the Infinity Stones.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!