Forums / Fun! / Just For Fun

320,710 total conversations in 9,943 threads

+ New Thread

How do I come out to my dad? [Previously in Riff-Raff]

Last posted Jan 08, 2023 at 03:52PM EST. Added Jan 03, 2023 at 02:27PM EST
12 posts from 6 users

It looks like I should probably come out to my dad, he has waited long enough. It's a large weight, but it will probably go smoother if I just get it over with instead of staying in the closet. He relies on me so much and I don't want to disappoint him. Any advice?

Mistress Fortune wrote:

Just wait for him to die and he'll find out in the afterlife. That's what happened to me.

(I'm at the point where I'm using dark humor as a cope)

I do not want to sound rude, but does that mean you actually miss your dad.

WTF are you guys talking about? I was trying to see what clothes still did/did not fit when my dad drove up after doing grocery shopping. He got a lot of them and they need to be refrigerated soon or they will spoil. I was afraid he might forget something someone didn't help him. I didn't know if going through the kitchen or through the living room would be a better way to go outside and help bring them in. IDK how you got whatever the hell you all were talking about based on the OP.

You know what, fuck you
Un-Riffs your Raff Thread

I get that Riff Raff is sometimes used as an ironic call for help in the guise of shitposting. I guess since this started taking a more serious turn, it might be more appropriate out of Riff Raff. Don't be an asshole to other people in the thread, but some light joking is fine.

Ms Fortune, I'm so sorry to hear that. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to reach out. I've legitimately thought of doing that. My dad isn't in great health. Ironically I'm semi-out to a lot of his side of the family as most of his dad's family is relatively liberal and his mother's family is all but gone. The other close people in my family know to some extent, though I think they believe I'm still in a questioning position when I phrased it that way years ago.

I've had a lot of friction with my dad, but a lot of it was with things related to his parents. Don't get me wrong, I love all of them. But being from different generations and slowly degrading mental capacity, they had very… interesting ideas on how things should be done..

Now that all my grandparents are gone, I was hoping that I could repair some of the friction that has happened over the past few years. Dropping something like this… I don't know. To be fair, some of the family on his side thinks he might already have had suspicions, especially given some… interesting comments that he made when I was a kid.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hi! You must login or signup first!