Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

"My longest yeah boy ever"

Last posted Oct 03, 2016 at 02:00AM EDT. Added Oct 03, 2016 at 02:00AM EDT
1 post from 1 user

The video was uploaded on October 15, 2015 by llMegaxlxll videos. It currently has over 2.4 million views.

It first gained exposure when it was posted to /r/DeepIntoYouTube on March 19, 2016, where it now has 1386 upvotes. The same day, YouTube user YourSpecialFriend uploaded an edited version with the same title, in which the video zooms through space when he holds the "boy" (and an echo is added). It has over 100,000 views.

At some point in the following months, a screenshot of the video at the 1:26 mark with the title visible became a popular reaction image, especially on Twitter judging by Google Image search results.

This appears to be the biggest catalyst in the video's rise in views. I've also seen claims the reaction image was posted on /r/me_irl, but I have no evidence.

The video has also seen further edits, remixes, and parodies on YouTube and Vine, presumably starting around the same time as the reaction image, as seen in examples below (the first being the most popular with over a million views).

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!