Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,878 total conversations in 4,540 threads

+ New Thread

Buzz Lightyear's "hmm"

Last posted Apr 14, 2018 at 07:12PM EDT. Added Apr 14, 2018 at 07:06PM EDT
2 posts from 1 user

In 2013, there was a Weird Facebook page called Why helo it is i jimbles notronbo which posted images from Jimmy Neutron often edited to have stretched faces a la Are You Frustrated. Shortly after, another similar page based on Toy Story (I think by the same person) was made called My name is called woody and i am having a snake in my shoes. On September 16, 2013, the page posted the image below of Buzz Lightyear from the first movie with the caption "hmm / yes / the floor here is made of floor".

This image had some spread on its own, but more popular would be an edit a la Tony Kornheiser's Why cropped to Buzz's stretched face and the word "hmm" placed below. It would commonly be used as a reaction image.

As seen in the example below, it became a generic image used with "edgy" Twitter captions, often in some deep fried form.

A recent edit with glowing eyes was posted here (and possibly made) by Twitter user @jasperreddin on April 8. The next day, the tweet was screencapped and posted to /r/me_irl and soon after here on KYM where it got over 200 upvotes.

This may not require an entry, but I thought I would document its origin here anyway.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!