Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,829 total conversations in 4,533 threads

+ New Thread

Voice actors shitposting

Last posted Apr 06, 2021 at 07:21AM EDT. Added Mar 17, 2021 at 10:24PM EDT
11 posts from 9 users

A lot of anime panels contain 'blooper reels' where the voice actors are dubbing over lines. Case in point, the Kill La Kill panel at Anime Expo 2015:

(In this particular panel, I find there is some irony in the fact that the most serious, no-nonsense characters in the show – Satsuki Kiryuin and ira Gamagori – have some of the most top quality, goofy shitposts here.)

Here's one of Bryce Papenbrook (dub for Eren Jaeger in Attack On Titan) saying 'Levi looks dead sexy in a mini skirt.'

And lastly, Maile Flanagan (Naruto's English dub VA) saying 'Kakashi, my body is ready!'

These are a few instances of anime voice actors breaking character and delivering some memorable lines I can think of, at the top of my head. I'm fairly certain that there're more occurrences, like David Hayter (Solid Snake's voice actor) delivering the classic "dummy thick" meme, Josh Grelle (Armin Arlert's English voice actor) teaching an audience how to do the classic "Armin scream", and Matthew Mercer (Levi's English voice actor) saying "You're making fun of me for being 5-foot-three? Well, you're 5-foot-a-bitch!"

Last edited Mar 18, 2021 at 12:41PM EDT

There's a few examples of this, from Nolan North giving this line.

To something that recently happened, the VA's for Franklin and Lamar doing this memorable scene.

There's also the voice actor for ENA who drank a whole ass raw egg.

Bumping this a bit to share something from Conker's VA, Christopher Seavor. In a recent stream from the Completionist, Chris was asked to do Spongebob's Bubble Bass order. Here are the results:

Last edited Apr 05, 2021 at 10:56AM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Howdy! You must login or signup first!