Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Vinesauce Vinny sexpest allegations

Last posted Apr 11, 2021 at 02:31AM EDT. Added Apr 02, 2021 at 11:36PM EDT
18 posts from 13 users

I hope Vinny comes down on the fake allegations as hard as he did for the DMCA rules and the music industry some time ago when his VODs got nuked for it. Just go fucking nuclear about it. But alas, that is probably wishful thinking and is more likely to just get tons of stress and a few cancelled streams because of this, and will likely feel the need to apologize over literally nothing just to "do the right thing".

I have never said these exact words before, but man, fuck Twitter. Fuck Twitter and everything they stand for.

There’s more to this shit cake, apparently there’s claims from “ex chat mods” and “long time fans” that these allegations are all true. Especially the ex chat mod part seems bullshit. If anything I’m assuming the moderator got booted by Vinny due to him being a creep or taking his job too seriously.

Derptastic Derp Man wrote:

There’s more to this shit cake, apparently there’s claims from “ex chat mods” and “long time fans” that these allegations are all true. Especially the ex chat mod part seems bullshit. If anything I’m assuming the moderator got booted by Vinny due to him being a creep or taking his job too seriously.

The Charonian is a woman, but yeah.

Madoka Kaname wrote:

What boggles my mind is that despite the accusations being so flimsy, other personalities like GPM, Red Bard and Mandalore supported them.

GPM makes sense, but why the others? Do they have a vendetta against Vinny?

Same. I know GeePM left Vinesauce a few years back for "behind the scenes" reasons, but why is Mandalore involved in this? The absolute only guess I can muster is with this presumably being tied to /v/ it's possible that some "popular with /v/" YouTube personalities were convinced to get involved (granted I dunno the general opinions on Mandalore among /v/ but a part of me thinks his association with Sseth might help as Sseth and his style of humor really appeals to some parts of the 4chan crowd).

Again I'm only making a guess, it's just as likely Mandalore just jumped the gun on those retweets similar to how JonTron jumped the gun on that tweet he made where it sounded like he believed the allegations against Danny.

Smol Nozomi wrote:

Vinny doesn’t like to give attention to these things so I don’t expect him to talk about it at all.

GeePM, though. Feels like a betrayal to me.

Welp, he just did, and boy, he is bringing in the big guns. The lawyers.

Just a matter of time now. GeePM better have some lawyers of his own if he wants to avoid facing possible legal punishment for assisted libel at this point.

Nedhitis wrote:

Welp, he just did, and boy, he is bringing in the big guns. The lawyers.

Just a matter of time now. GeePM better have some lawyers of his own if he wants to avoid facing possible legal punishment for assisted libel at this point.

Doubt them and/or whoever else was in on it will fess up anytime soon if ever and just hide away until its all blown over. Assuming they dont end up dragged to court. If anything Id hope the blowback from all this would be enough for people to not do this crap but I know it'll happen sooner or later anyway because people are usually retarded.

Madoka Kaname wrote:

What boggles my mind is that despite the accusations being so flimsy, other personalities like GPM, Red Bard and Mandalore supported them.

GPM makes sense, but why the others? Do they have a vendetta against Vinny?

It seems like someone with these people as friends is telling them to spread them. Shammy TV tweeted it out and explicitly said that someone he trusted told him to tweet about it. I think that it might be someone who runs in the same circles trying to use their clout to get rid of him.

I don't really blame some of these creators, given that if your close friend told you to just tweet something and you had no reason to mistrust them based on previous interactions you would do so if they seemed sufficiently serious about the issue.

Last edited Apr 04, 2021 at 03:01AM EDT

VeteranAdventureHobo wrote:

It seems like someone with these people as friends is telling them to spread them. Shammy TV tweeted it out and explicitly said that someone he trusted told him to tweet about it. I think that it might be someone who runs in the same circles trying to use their clout to get rid of him.

I don't really blame some of these creators, given that if your close friend told you to just tweet something and you had no reason to mistrust them based on previous interactions you would do so if they seemed sufficiently serious about the issue.

https://twitter.com/ShammyTV/status/1378213819059699720

VeteranAdventureHobo wrote:

To add to the close friend part in regards someone like Mandalore, things like sex abuse can hit close to home which he mentions in a google doc and Tweet I linked below. It all hits close when it's also from a friend one can see as trustworthy.

Mandalore also did the same.
https://twitter.com/Lord_Mandalore/status/1378542818529062912
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kzb_w32IMPWYqSSjtG6ZvWj0_jjnSz6kLj4o0HsVmXw/edit

Honestly, I'm coming in late to these sexpest allegations directed at Vinny, I honestly do hope this all turns out to be bullshit and the people spreading lies get the full consequences of it. But on that same note, if Vinny does turn out to be a sexpest of some sort, my view of him will drop considerably.

Honestly hearing about this situation really messed me up because I’ve been a fan for around 5-6 years, but the fact it’s spreading around now is pretty sketchy due to many other popular people being called out for similar stuff. I’m on neither side so I don’t get my hopes up but their “evidence” does feel like bullshit. Really hope this is just a jape and a crappy plan to attempt to get him cancelled.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!