Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,826 total conversations in 4,532 threads

+ New Thread

Giving Aloy a face

Last posted Jun 01, 2021 at 03:54PM EDT. Added May 30, 2021 at 08:10PM EDT
9 posts from 5 users

I prefer the original over the other one for two reasons:
1. she may look like Human Shrek in that screenshot (specifically at that angle), but it's more congruous with the post-apoc setting than "slightly less cartoony Overwatch character".
2. this is the exact same shit as the "I fixed her design to make her less… Ugh" thing that happened with Pyra, and I hate both of those "fixes"

Last edited May 30, 2021 at 09:03PM EDT

I didn't even know who the character was until looking further into it and realizing "ah, it's that lady from a game about hunting robo-dinosaurs." Far as faces go, I can't care much on that since it's a YMMV for everyone and whether you like a character's design or not, that's on you and more power to you if you thought Aloy looked pretty or ugly without being a jackass over it. But I will say that if one unironically wanted the one on the right in a post-apocalyptic world with robot dinosaurs and people living a tribal life, you're playing the wrong game.

The biggest idiocy of it all though was the fact that the original image itself was nothing more than just a bad angle shot. That's it. And it was enough for one idiot to get buggered by it that he managed to attract more handfuls of idiots on it (whether it's those agreeing with him or those being obnoxious in their own dunks on the guy).

1. Sinilar to the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 where people are just going off with the "Oof her back" moments on one of the female characters, it's one of those bad angles with one picture.

2. I cant look Aloy the same way now that people keep mentioning that she has the Nikolas Avocado face.

Sanakan_ht wrote:

1. Sinilar to the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 where people are just going off with the "Oof her back" moments on one of the female characters, it's one of those bad angles with one picture.

2. I cant look Aloy the same way now that people keep mentioning that she has the Nikolas Avocado face.

Honestly with how Aloy's face is, I'm all for whether one likes it or not. Same with those liking or disliking Abby from TLOU 2. All that makes it stupid are those screeching the top of their heads over it. And yeah, the Nikocado face is something that can never be unseen. That said, let the memes of giving Aloy a face flow. That or someone using her face as a template. It's giving that sort of "are you f'ing kidding me!?" sort of vibe.

chowzburgerz wrote:

You know the Twitter guy lost his case when he started calling his opponents beta males.

Nah, he already lost the case with how he made his first move and not realized how the image he complained about was just a bad angle.

Also as a side note, is it me or does his two images make for some unintended comedy? Aloy's face going "are you f'ing kidding me" as she sees the image next to her is what some rando idiot wants Aloy to look like?

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

SicklyVivian wrote:

Nah, he already lost the case with how he made his first move and not realized how the image he complained about was just a bad angle.

Also as a side note, is it me or does his two images make for some unintended comedy? Aloy's face going "are you f'ing kidding me" as she sees the image next to her is what some rando idiot wants Aloy to look like?

Lol, and now he went private.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Hey! You must login or signup first!