Forums / Discussion / Meme Research

30,841 total conversations in 4,535 threads

+ New Thread

What is "In your room you say"?

Last posted Jan 21, 2023 at 04:53PM EST. Added Jan 21, 2023 at 08:42AM EST
2 posts from 2 users

Hello everyone.

At the end of this video related to the No One's Around to Help meme, the phrase "… In your room you say?"

This is taken from a line by Snufkin, and I found a couple of videos to look it up.

iN yOur ROOm you say…
iN yOuR rOoM yOu SaY
same energy

What is the reason this line is being discussed?
My guess is that the interesting point is that Snufkin looks sexy and gay…am I right?

Also, why is there a mix of upper and lower case English like "iN yOur ROOm you say…" or "iN yOuR rOoM yOu SaY"?
I am Japanese, so I am not familiar with this notation. What nuance is implied by this?

Last edited Jan 21, 2023 at 09:05AM EST

inuurec wrote:

Hello everyone.

At the end of this video related to the No One's Around to Help meme, the phrase "… In your room you say?"

This is taken from a line by Snufkin, and I found a couple of videos to look it up.

iN yOur ROOm you say…
iN yOuR rOoM yOu SaY
same energy

What is the reason this line is being discussed?
My guess is that the interesting point is that Snufkin looks sexy and gay…am I right?

Also, why is there a mix of upper and lower case English like "iN yOur ROOm you say…" or "iN yOuR rOoM yOu SaY"?
I am Japanese, so I am not familiar with this notation. What nuance is implied by this?

Yes, it sounds sexual out of context--as it could mean "you have something in your room to show me?" or "you want me to come to your room?" The random capitalization usually indicates sarcasm or a mocking tone, with the titles poking fun at the line.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

O HAI! You must login or signup first!