Forums / Fun! / Memeory Lane

63,534 total conversations in 189 threads

Locked Locked
[Forum Games] Official HolyCrapItsBob's KYM Scavenger Hunt Thread: The Sequel: The Novel: The Movie Based on the Novel: The Game: Super Ultra Neo HD Turbo Complete Alpha 2: Electric Boogaloo

Last posted Oct 27, 2014 at 01:37PM EDT. Added Aug 14, 2014 at 06:15PM EDT
69 posts from 17 users

Alright, KYM. It's finally time to deliver that follow-up to my previous Scavenger Hunt. (The thread title is subject to change though, just shut up and let me have fun with it.)

I think you'll find that this time I've changed around some things thanks to some suggestions and work made by a few helpful friends.

Anyway, here's the rundown on this game. I will start off with a riddle that will lead you to a thread. Users must work together to find the thread I am describing. I will not tell you if you are correct. In 24 hours, I will edit a post in the thread I have chosen to put up a new riddle leading to another thread. This will go on until you have found all of the riddles. I will, of course, need proof that you have actually found them all.

Oh and, there's a time limit for this game. I'd advise you all work together or face the possibility of losing.

Now then, to start off this game, I will give you a riddle right in this thread.

Let's go with something really easy for the first day, just to get you all in the right mindset.

A group so large and ever changing
needs some skill of every ranging.
To give these skills some recognition
and let them stop inflamed perdition
we give these few the gift to judge
and trust them not to fall to grudge
announced their coming, have ire brought
search there to find the answer sought.

Fuck riddles. 24 hours until the next one goes up.

Edit: I forgot to mention. Impress me and there will be a reward at the end of this game. Happy trails, everyone.

Last edited Aug 14, 2014 at 06:32PM EDT
A group so large and ever changing
needs some skill of every ranging.

The userbase

To give these skills some recognition
and let them stop inflamed perdition
we give these few the gift to judge
and trust them not to fall to grudge

some users are given mod powers when they are seen as fit for the job

announced their coming, have ire brought
search there to find the answer sought.

People have gotten butthurt over the specific mod announcements, the thread where that happens is the spot.
The most recent thread announcing a gen of mods is my guess.
Time to wait 24 hours.

Last edited Aug 14, 2014 at 06:47PM EDT

I think RocketPanda just kinda hit the nail on the head. But shouldn't it be a mod announcement thread, there are various mod suggestion threads.

But that's unlikely, because with lines like "skill of every ranging"; "give these skills some recognition"
and "we give these few the gift to judge" this riddle just screams it's about new mods. And the "announced their coming, have ire brought" just tells us it's an announcement thread.

Last edited Aug 14, 2014 at 07:02PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

I think RocketPanda just kinda hit the nail on the head. But shouldn't it be a mod announcement thread, there are various mod suggestion threads.

But that's unlikely, because with lines like "skill of every ranging"; "give these skills some recognition"
and "we give these few the gift to judge" this riddle just screams it's about new mods. And the "announced their coming, have ire brought" just tells us it's an announcement thread.

^ Probably.

Bob, one question:

Can you make a post once you added a new riddle, so that we know at which point we can go check if we're correct? You're not telling us if we are correct, you're just saving us some trouble.

Last edited Aug 15, 2014 at 11:31AM EDT

HolyCrapItsBob wrote:

Took you guys long enough.

You guys really need to step it up, because I considered this riddle incredibly easy.

Try utilizing some actual teamwork.

>Implying 3 hours isn't reasonable.
>Implying we will dash for the finish the moment you added a riddle.

Step of your pedestral bro, hahaha. We're playing this for fun, not victory. Just because people like RP and myself basically already had the thread you would put the riddle in figured out, doesn't mean we'll check if we're correct right away.

Long ago, you must look
in a distant land, that once shook

Very old thread, like years old. The older days of KYM.

our childhoods, both you and I
with adventures of a samurai.

Nostalgia thread, remembering old shows. The samurai part is a clear reference to Samurai Jack, a common show mentioned in nostalgia threads.

The journey of one hero’s quest
made fun through altering in jest.

I actually can't figure out this part. It aims at an attempted thread derail in the thread, but uncertain.

For now, this thread is my best bet. It's old, about nostalgia, Samurai Jack is mentioned multiple times, and someone tried to derail it.

Anyone know something better?

madcat wrote:

I said last night in IRC that it was probably this thread. The hint fits perfectly, and it would make sense, but I don't see a new riddle. Maybe there's a very similar thread?

Bob updates 24 hours after the previous riddle was added, so currently it's just a waiting game.

But seeing the thread title of your guess, I'm gonna say you're more likely correct.

Last edited Aug 16, 2014 at 08:08AM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

Bob updates 24 hours after the previous riddle was added, so currently it's just a waiting game.

But seeing the thread title of your guess, I'm gonna say you're more likely correct.

derp. Nevermind then. I hope I'm right.

I'm putting up the next riddle an hour early to make up for being an hour late yesterday.

The next riddle is up.

Edit: Muffinlicious removed his post. What's up with that?

Last edited Aug 16, 2014 at 07:00PM EDT

Looks like madcat was right. Look at Cale's post.
In this thread, we find the one,
though all done for good fun,
the one we all argue to hate,
through names all called in false debate.
Those who stand so great and tall,
are not able to stop the fall.
And so we threw hollow insults.
While all was greeted with mixed results.

@Bob Sorry, textile problems.

Here's the riddle

A friendly face for everyone,
brought to death before it’s run.
Much potential for great fun,
even used to make a pun.
There was no point, was no aim
though expected from whom it came.

My logic in finding it was fairly simple. The first 3 lines of the previous riddle aimed at it being a "worst mod" thread, or at least some sort of thread about who is the worst mod for fun. After that it was a simple search.

Last edited Aug 23, 2014 at 07:17PM EDT

Come on people, chop chop, if you want to play this game share some theories in the thread to show that you're actually trying to solve it.

Or are you all suffering from too much pride and a superiority complex that you believe you and whatever chat you hang out at is enough to reach the end game? This isn't about showing you're smarter or better than everyone by going solo, it's about working together.

Also, you can't show off your brains in solving this if you stay hidden in the shadows. Show the public how quality you are.

Last edited Aug 17, 2014 at 08:38PM EDT

It sounds like the answer would be involved with a In-joke or a Exploitable Thread.
Likely one that became a failure, to the fault of either a individual (OP) or the group using that thread.

The eleventh riddle is up.

@Cale

Thanks, man.

@Whatever the hell your name is

That was actually the plan with the tenth riddle. I kind of forgot though.

But I guess I can give one now.

Alright, I'm going to try to avoid giving away too much. So the clue for riddle 4:

face is the keyword in that riddle.

Last edited Aug 25, 2014 at 07:46PM EDT

We're thirteen riddles in so far, and it seems like everyone is stumped on riddle 4….

So, now that I've put up riddle thirteen, I'll give another hint.

Edit: After talking a bit, I realize the second hint was useless. So, I'll just tell the OP of the thread you're looking for to make it up to you guys.

The OP was Vazquez.

Last edited Aug 26, 2014 at 08:47PM EDT

Don't mind me, I'm just going to list out the thought processes I've been trying to use to crack this riddle…

Initial Riddle: It initially sounds to me like there was some forum involving either an exploitable image or a game involving such which ended up being locked/deadpooled due to either inactivity or shenanigans. Couldn't really figure anything out from lines 3 & 4, but the final two, to me, suggested that the subject at hand would probably be located within the Riff-Raff area (what isn't, though), and/or the topic was started by someone infamous for being controversial/confrontational/trolly. With that, I tried searching around for posts from people I could remember being as such, such as the old Thomas Nair (Rip in pieces), but I didn't get too far

Hint 1: 'Face' as a keyword could potentially imply that the thread could be found by using such in the search engine, or, perhaps, someone had been going around attempting to viralize a certain person, thing. With this, my mind sprang back to memories of the elusive Grotan. Unfortunately this didn't get me anywhere either but it was a good effort.

Hint 2: Damn it Bob stop killing my mojo. I was going to say that the potential link between the threads was the fact that they had been posted 'a year ago', although that is incredibly generalized. With the new revealing fact, I suppose things will go along a bit quicker. One thing to note, though, is that my search of the term 'Vazquez' in users led to 8 hits, although it's probably being implied that Derpy was the culprit

Last edited Aug 26, 2014 at 08:56PM EDT

Got it.

This thread did need a fitting train,
to celebrate the utter insane
decision, that was swiftly made
to change the cluttered, used-up glade.
Good things, this thread, it did expect.
Unlike now, where hopes were wrecked.

Edit: Oh wow that was easy

Here’s a short but easy one.
This thread was made for one to share
a hobby formed through great care.

Last edited Aug 27, 2014 at 07:24PM EDT

Found It

"In this thread we rejoice
for this name of strange choice.
One could say, his name is shit
in this show, that was a hit,
for a few of us did shove,
a thread, to show our love."

You still have to find the thread itself, BUT you can locate which post the riddle is on by using CTL+F and looking for "Last Edited About". It's almost mandatory in a thread that big.

Natsuru Springfield wrote:

You still have to find the thread itself, BUT you can locate which post the riddle is on by using CTL+F and looking for "Last Edited About". It's almost mandatory in a thread that big.

I used that and went over your thread.

Weird it didn't got it.

Ok… unexpected twist.

"In this thread we rejoice
for this name of strange choice."

"for a few of us did shove,
a thread, to show our love."

These lines reminded me of a past thread where everyone changed their nick to Gamzee and cried over how much they missed him and wanted him back, so I checked that thread. I found a riddle……

A thread meant to amp
by going through boot camp.
One needed to yell,
to put you through hell.
Don’t look to far to see,
just recognize OP.

Problem is, the last day edited message at the bottom of the post tells me that this riddle was added yesterday. In other words, I found the wrong riddle. The one we need was added 6 days ago.

No reason to panic, but remember that in order to beat the game, you need to find all the riddles. So this 'accident' can serve as a shortcut to save us a future search, and if you have trouble with one riddle, you have a second option to continue with.

So once more, all riddles must be found. This one is an actual game-related riddle, but not the one we were looking for. The search continues.

And on that note, fuck the message, as I already found the most recent riddle. The "boot camp" part instantly reminded me of a past thread in which Bob made users go through boot camp.

Here's the thread and thus the most recent riddle.

This end is near
it’s almost here.
The next thread chosen
has been frozen.
A thread to test
the user’s zest.
To see if they would like this game.
And see if they could reach the claim.
The right to say they finished this
and gain their prize, full of bliss.

So continue where Nats left off. And tomorrow once Bob updated you have the above riddle as well.

So for a summary: At the top of this post you find the 13th riddle, which was found by accident. However, it contained a big clue through which I instantly figured it out. This resulted in the 14th riddle also being found.

But remember that we still need to continue where Nats' left us off until we caught up.

Last edited Aug 27, 2014 at 10:43PM EDT

Kinda predictable given the latest riddle, but the last one is in the previous riddle game thread from Bob.

Now to guess the game’s reward.
Not a status, but an award.
Something that will let us see,
something to give users glee.

That makes it for the last riddle, but we still need to fill the gap inbetween.

Found It

"A chain reaction from one head,
one that mods wanted dead.
The chain was formed from the name,
from one user, all to blame.
And so this user, did stop the flood
not before users expected mod blood."

"one that mods wanted dead." "not before users expected mod blood."
So it sounds like a shit poster that got banned and sparked a reaction against the mods. First thing that popped to mind was Lez, but I haven't been able to find anything yet.

Best thing I can think off is something related to Troll King. His avatar is the trollface (a head) and being a king basically makes you a head, mods wanted him dead, and the chain formed from the name can be based on him literally having "Troll King" as his nick thus promoting trolling.

The biggest chain reaction that mods stopped that I can think of are the >dear threads. But I don't recall if Troll King started those (I think Russian Fedora did).

Outside of that, no idea, and my searches haven't brought any results yet either. Plus I'll be busy tomorrow entirely (and was quite buys the last couple of days), so I can't help much anymore.

We kinda lost the luxury of time with the 4th riddle.

Last edited Aug 30, 2014 at 09:15PM EDT
Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Yo Yo! You must login or signup first!